Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2006 Draft: What are our needs?

RWJ

I think we have to infuse the defensive line with some young blood. That's the area we've neglected in the draft the longest. Every other area has a good mix of young players. We need to backfill for the guys on the defensive line who are aging. I'd like to see us draft nothing but defensive linemen next year and hope two make it :).

I think we have to infuse the defensive line with some young blood. That's the area we've neglected in the draft the longest. Every other area has a good mix of young players. We need to backfill for the guys on the defensive line who are aging. I'd like to see us draft nothing but defensive linemen next year and hope two make it :).

Art I agree, but it seems like Williams can make an average DT or DE play the game with such intensity. Split the picks for OF and DF. I'd have to say that DT would be my 1st choice in the 2nd and in the 3rd I'd go with an Antonio Gates type TE, if he is still available.

Agree completely with dfbovey. Defensive line, a pass rusher most likely. Cornerback, as Springs is 30 and Harris is 32... And then depending on how well our receivers do this year and if Jacobs steps up. Patten is aging and may only have two years left in the tank.

I don't think there's really a pressing need area, we just have to inject some youth into some areas.

Although we could always go the Ravens/Patriots route and just take whoever is best available in the early rounds.

This has been my thought for a while as well. I think this defense could be near legendary with Manley or Mann type at a DE position. I can't imagine how amazing it would be with one in both DE positions.

This has been my thought for a while as well. I think this defense could be near legendary with Manley or Mann type at a DE position. I can't imagine how amazing it would be with one in both DE positions.

Agreed, but it seems as though Williams likes to use his LB's and S's to blitz and it puts less pressure on the DE to rush the passer. Don't you all think that a TE with speed and good hands would be an decent pickup and only add to our OF power.

young studs on D-line and CBs (prior to coming to us Springs had some injury questions & Harris also). Springs was/is great for us, but a nice young stud to eventually play across from C. Rogers is what I want. Wouldn't mind getting some more depth on Oline. Just my :2cents:

i would not mind packaging ramsey and our second to get one of the top three DE'S : Mario Williams, Mathias Kiwanauka, and Stanley McClover. These guys are just going to dominate at the next level

But after pat has his breakthrough season this year we could trade him alone for a first rounder. ............ But of course why would we?

Well we need to see what happens I think.. We maybe trading PR for some pics or something.. I don't think we will but you never know =).. But I agree we need some good fast d-linemen.

It depends how we end the season, really. If the draft was tomorrow I would want to target some D-line preferably a pure pass rusher on the edge, but having some youth behind Salave'a and Griffin would not hurt either.

Another area to consider might be WR. A bigger possession type receiver or pass catching TE would not hurt us.

I also would not be surprised to see us go after some o-line depth.

Come on you guys...why are discussing this now? Its the dawn of the 2005 season and were talking about April of 2006?! Lets see how we do this season first.

It never hurts to look into the future. You always need to start planning for the draft next year after the draft this year is over with. It is called being pro-active my friend. Let the dominoes fall where they may this year. Draft this year with what we already have will take care of itself. You always need to be a step ahead and starting to think about holes to fill now for the future just keeps oneself a step ahead. Capice?

Archived