Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antonio Brown's mother was rushed to hospital Thursday...

wilbur58z

...according to Joe Gibbs on NBC 4 Sports, which might explain his performance on Thursday night. Gibbs said he just learned this and didn't know about it Thursday.

George Michael also noted that Brown gives much of his paycheck to his family, which I took to mean his extended family. He wished Antonio well and said he was a good guy...

A couple of times he looked absolutely shocked, I was thinking that he is very passionate about his game, but clearly there were more important things on his mind. God bless him and his family, I watched the News 4 report and I love George Michael.

Until I find out specifics, the sig stays....for all we know - his mother was rushed to the hospital Thursday b/c she was late for work as a nurse or brain surgeon.

If she was sick - hope she's better.

Maybe she's a psychic and had a premonition about AB's game on Thursday - that would make anyone ill.

I wish A Brown and his mom all the best.

I was hard on him during the game, but that is a legitimate excuse for why his head wasn't in the game. In retrospect I wish he was excused from the game and go be with his mom.

In any event, I hope all is well, the preseason is behind us and I hope A. Brown can make some big returns this Sunday.

In retrospect I wish he was excused from the game and go be with his mom.

Although you never know how someone's going to react in a situation like that. (Think of Brett Favre.) Sometimes playing can help take your mind off things. But now we know with him specifically that that wasn't the case.

I wish him and his family all the best.

Archived