Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what would gibbs do if he had micheal vick?

Gibbs wants his QB to be all about reliability, taking care of the ball, and running the offense. I think for those reasons Gibbs brought in Brunell (didn't he have one of the highest qb ratings in history) and Jason Campbell (a collegiate winner and efficient player).

So what would you think Gibbs would do if he had rejoined the skins and they had Vick, Brunell, and Schaub? Vick is obviously a guy who can make the spontaneous play, but he is also thought to be average at best passer. Vick has all the tools featuring a great arm and the ability to throw on the run with accuracy. Brunell and Schaub seem to be better at doing "QB things" but aren't as explosive or spontaneous.

So do you think Gibbs would keep Vick on the field or start guys who will run the play as designed or get throw the ball away? In short do you think Gibbs will be willing to deal with a guy who's going to quickly abort the play and do what he wants or start a guy who does the predictable thing?

POLL TIME!

Please. Vick is the most mobile QB ever. Gibbs loves mobile QB's. Gibbs would just convert all his plays to rollouts. The Redskins would terrorize with Vick, Portis, Moss, and Patten. It really is a shame that all Vick has is Warrick Dunn, T.J. Duckett, and I don't even know their WR's names. Oh yeah, Alge Crumpler. Give Vick some weapons and he'll be an above average(maybe even great) passer.

Put him on the practice squad for about 3 years and teach him how to throw a football properly.

This is where you see ignorance. Vick's throwing mechanics are fine. Vick's problem is he hasn't evolved enough as a passer in the NFL. He still leans on his physical athleticism instead of incorporating his mental capabilities to truly catapult him into that next level.

Please. Vick is the most mobile QB ever. Gibbs loves mobile QB's. Gibbs would just convert all his plays to rollouts. The Redskins would terrorize with Vick, Portis, Moss, and Patten. It really is a shame that all Vick has is Warrick Dunn, T.J. Duckett, and I don't even know their WR's names. Oh yeah, Alge Crumpler. Give Vick some weapons and he'll be an above average(maybe even great) passer.

Warrick Dunn is under rated..

This is where you see ignorance. Vick's throwing mechanics are fine. Vick's problem is he hasn't evolved enough as a passer in the NFL. He still leans on his physical athleticism instead of incorporating his mental capabilities to truly catapult him into that next level.

McNabb was the same way when he entered the league, he can pull it down and run with it when he "needs" too.

Ooooooooo...please do shine your all-knowing light of football mechanics upon my head, so as to assuage my ignorance, oh sage of the gridiron.

i agree. :cheers:

]']i agree. :cheers:

Ok, well, his completion percentages by year so far are:

-------

I don't see how the fact that he tucks and runs too often has anything to do with that. These are the passes he throws, and he hasn't sniffed the 60% mark yet. And the reason is because his mechanics are iffy, at best.

Ok, well, his completion percentages by year so far are:

-------

I don't see how the fact that he tucks and runs too often has anything to do with that. These are the passes he throws, and he hasn't sniffed the 60% mark yet. And the reason is because his mechanics are iffy, at best.

What does it matter if he makes a first down? Completion percentages don't mean a thing if you're moving the ball into the endzone. With Vick = Playoffs, Without Vick = 6-10.

Vick isn't smart enough to be a real QB in the NFL. He's been a starter in the league for years and he still doesn't know how to read a defense or to make a pass other than to his first look or a dumpoff. His passing stats are horrible and if it weren't for him being one of the best running backs in the NFL albeit with durabality issues he'd never get off the bench.

The comparisons to McNabb are a joke. McNabb knows how to pass, it isn't like he just suddenly became a good passer. No one has ever mentioned "dumbing down a playbook" and "McNabb" in the same sentence.

What does it matter if he makes a first down? Completion percentages don't mean a thing if you're moving the ball into the endzone. With Vick = Playoffs' date=' Without Vick = 6-10.[/quote']

I'd agree with you there. If a quarterback can win games for you, then I don't really care how he does it. My point is that Vick has questionable mechanics which results in accuracy problems, and if he had Gibbs for a coach, Gibbs would do the same thing with him that he did with Rypien -- which is, keep him out of games and work on his skills until he was ready. Three years on the practice squad would obviously never happen (a bit of hyperbole on my part) but you wouldn't see him start until he was ready.

Vick isn't smart enough to be a real QB in the NFL. He's been a starter in the league for years and he still doesn't know how to read a defense or to make a pass other than to his first look or a dumpoff. His passing stats are horrible and if it weren't for him being one of the best running backs in the NFL albeit with durabality issues he'd never get off the bench.

The comparisons to McNabb are a joke. McNabb knows how to pass, it isn't like he just suddenly became a good passer. No one has ever mentioned "dumbing down a playbook" and "McNabb" in the same sentence.

then why are the Falcon's a playoff team?

I'd agree with you there. If you quarterback can win games for you, then I don't really care how he does it. My point is that Vick has questionable mechanics which results in accuracy problems, and if he had Gibbs for a coach, Gibbs would do the same thing with him that he did with Rypien -- which is, keep him out of games and work on his skills until he was ready. Three years on the practice squad would obviously never happen (a bit of hyperbole on my part) but you wouldn't see him start until he was ready.

i don't think vick's accuracy problems are due to mechanics, but more about decision making. vick throws one of the prettiest balls in the league with touch or with juice.

also how the heck are you going to put vick in the practice squad?--by what magic or conspiracy is he going to clear waivers? :laugh:

Archived