Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rumour: major league baseball pitcher about to caught with steroids

Leonard Washington

If it's Clemens, I'll be shocked.

With Raffy, I was saddened. Especially since he was so convincing at the hearings.

But Clemens? A guy who is starting to top more and more writers lists as the best pitcher EVER.

As bad as Raffy's positive test was, it won't hold a candle to the media storm that would happen with Clemens.

As a fan of the GAME over a news story, I hope these rumours are false.

Originally posted by TheDoyler23

If it's Clemens, I'll be shocked.

With Raffy, I was saddened. Especially since he was so convincing at the hearings.

But Clemens? A guy who is starting to top more and more writers lists as the best pitcher EVER.

As bad as Raffy's positive test was, it won't hold a candle to the media storm that would happen with Clemens.

As a fan of the GAME over a news story, I hope these rumours are false.

Hey, after Raffy i'm not shocked at anyone anymore.

Get it through your heads, folks. It was almost all of them. It was Bonds, and Raffy, and McGwire, and Sosa, and Helton, and Manny, and Pudge, and all the freaking rest of them. Probably Cal Ripken too.

Baseball has always been about looking for that edge.

Originally posted by skns4life

off the subject...but does anyone think Jay Gibbons has ever been on roids?? when he first played in the bigs, he was HUGE...then two years ago, he shrunk big time!! and that was when the roids topic was heating up...

It's a possability. He was bigger a few years ago. He trained in the offseason with Roberts at that institute in AZ to work on flexability/agility over strength, and in spring training, he had walking pnemonia and couldn't even get outta bed for almost 2 weeks.

Originally posted by TheDoyler23

It's a possability. He was bigger a few years ago. He trained in the offseason with Roberts at that institute in AZ to work on flexability/agility over strength, and in spring training, he had walking pnemonia and couldn't even get outta bed for almost 2 weeks.

didnt know that...that could explain it also i guess

Originally posted by luckydevil

fear the wrath of T.E.G.

LOL. I'm actually a huge Bonds fan. Not because of his cheery disposition, of course, but because he is far and away the best baseball player of our times.

He still did roids or HGH or something. Every hitter did.

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

Canseco said a player like Tejada could use steroids, but he never saw or heard that Tejada used them. Tejada was much smaller when he first came up with the A's.

Not sure how much I buy the whole "they were smaller when they first came up argument." pretty much every player was smaller when they came up....yes, roids played a part in some cases but not all...it's just what happens with age

Originally posted by Voice of Reason

http://www.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24586

Just saw this.

Edit: Here's what the post said.

I know this will probably be nothing but a freind of a freind tells me that Johnny Damon and Roger Clemens will be the next two players announced as steroid users. Normally I wouldn't post something stupid like this but I see no reason why they would lie and they do have legitimate sources. Worse case scenerio they are wrong and I made a stupid post, but best case we heard about this here first.

We shall see.

clemons was the name i heard, but i didn't want to say to start an uproar.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

heard on xm radio on the ride home. supposidly he's a vet who's having a good season. its expected to be announced within the next few days..possibly by friday.

I guess that rules out Shilling.

As a baseball fan, I'm kind of torn. I was never a huge Clemons fan, though I respected his ability. On one hand, I wouldn't want to see one of the best players ever (not named Bonds) get caught like this. But on the other hand, MLB still needs to clean up its act, and a name like Clemons would give Selig more than enough firepower to get the union to finally agree to actually penalizing the cheaters, not this 10 game bullsh*t.

Archived