Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rumour: major league baseball pitcher about to caught with steroids

Leonard Washington

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

I think 10 games is BS for anybody. If you get caught they should take a substantial amount of games away. 10 IMO, is nothing.

I agree, but my point was moreso for starting pitchers...X amount of games for every day players is different than the same amount of games for a starter....take away the same amount of starts, that would even it out

I wish it were Schilling... That would be hilarious.

It won't be as big a deal as Raffy because of his finger pointing act to congress.

That being said, even as a fan of Clemens, I wouldn't vote him into the HOF, just like Raffy, just like Bonds, just like Sosa, just like McGuire.

Originally posted by codeorama

I wish it were Schilling... That would be hilarious.

It won't be as big a deal as Raffy because of his finger pointing act to congress.

That being said, even as a fan of Clemens, I wouldn't vote him into the HOF, just like Raffy, just like Bonds, just like Sosa, just like McGuire.

Code if it is Clemens it will be much bigger news then Raffy, we are talking a sure HOFer and maybe one of the top 3 pitchers of all time, plus no one suspects the pitchers as much as the hitters.

Originally posted by jbooma

Code if it is Clemens it will be much bigger news then Raffy, we are talking a sure HOFer and maybe one of the top 3 pitchers of all time, plus no one suspects the pitchers as much as the hitters.

I understand that, but Raffy pointed his finger to congress and said he had never used steroids... Clemens hasn't done that. The finger pointing issue WAS the majority of the story with Raffy, had he not done that, it would have been a big story, but not as big IMO. Raffy's story made it clear to everyone that the players can't be trusted.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

i disagree code...while raffy's fingerpointing played a big part, the fact that clemens is one of the best pitchers of all time and is a medical marvel will supercede that. this would explain why he's been doing so incredibly well for the past few years at an advanced age...

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Raffy is worse, that's not the case, I'm just saying that Raffy provided a better sound byte.

I'll veiw Raffy and Clemens the same way.. .As cheaters.

off topic and i know it'll never happen, but i'd love to see bonds get busted...that'd be absolutely phenomenal...it'd bring him to his knees

I'd love to see him test positive too... however, we already know he's used steroids, I don't buy the "I didn't know" argument for a minute.

I agree, but my point was moreso for starting pitchers...X amount of games for every day players is different than the same amount of games for a starter....take away the same amount of starts, that would even it out

In that case, i agree, if a postion guy gets 10 games where he cant play, why shouldt the pitcher get the same or something cloe to the same level at least

Originally posted by skinzfan4life

In that case, i agree, if a postion guy gets 10 games where he cant play, why shouldt the pitcher get the same or something cloe to the same level at least

yeah, like the kenny rogers suspension, 20 games? bfd, thats like 5 starts...suspend him 1 time for each time through the rotation, 20 starts...that's like suspending an every day player for 20 games

Originally posted by Cskin

What if it was someone like Glavine or Maddux, two guys who don't even look like athletes and have bodies more made for kicking back on the couch and knocking back cool ones. :laugh:

Being the braves fan that I am, I would seriously doubt that either of them are juiced. Since they defected, It doesn't matter to me if they are. I'm thinking maybe Pedro Martinez.

yeah, like the kenny rogers suspension, 20 games? bfd, thats like 5 starts...suspend him 1 time for each time through the rotation, 20 starts...that's like suspending an every day player for 20 games

But the difference is he DOESN'T play every day so twenty starts would be like 90% of his season equal to suspending an everyday player over 100 games

It should've been something like 25 games for pitchers, but they can't really put that into writing. While pitchers don't pitch everyday, they get paid as if they play everyday, so you can't give them a harsher penalty. But generally, when pitchers get suspended, they get longer penalties than positional players. Like with Steve Kline, when he was suspended for going ballistic on the ump who called a balk on him, he got 4 games, while another player who did a similar thing right at the same time (I think it was Sheffield) only got 2 games.

Code's plan for a lifetime ban for one positive test would work instantly, but unfortunately it'll never happen. I think it should be an 81 game ban. Take away half of their salary. But 50 games is probably the most Selig will be able to get from that duechebag Fehr.

Originally posted by Bucaro

But the difference is he DOESN'T play every day so twenty starts would be like 90% of his season equal to suspending an everyday player over 100 games

Thats true, I agree...its just that i feel like pitchers get off easy because missing two starts to them isn't a huge deal, but for an every day player 10 games is more of a sting....

but i agree, stiffer penalties, 10 games is bull****

Archived