Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

rumour: major league baseball pitcher about to caught with steroids

Leonard Washington

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Thats true, I agree...its just that i feel like pitchers get off easy because missing two starts to them isn't a huge deal, but for an every day player 10 games is more of a sting....

but i agree, stiffer penalties, 10 games is bull****

I'll add something meaningful to the conversation!!

You do realize that statistically, 10 games for a pitcher is the same as 10 games for a regular player? Sure, the pitcher is only missing 1 or 2 starts, but that is still the same % of the season that a position player would miss with a 10 game suspension.

Mr. Spock laughs in the general direction of your logic!

Well if 25 games specifically for pitchers is to extreme, they need to make all suspensions start at that number.

Make first offense a 1/3 of the season, 2nd 2/3s and 3rd time your done....3 strikes your out. Although in my opinion, you get caught once you should be punished, a second time you should be done. Period.

The four names most prominently attached to the story are: Clemens, Damon, Tejada and Livian Hernandez.

I doubt the validity of any of this, but I can't deny that I would be delighted if it were two of my least favorite players in Damon and Clemens.

Originally posted by bofluid

The four names most prominently attached to the story are: Clemens, Damon, Tejada and Livian Hernandez.

I doubt the validity of any of this, but I can't deny that I would be delighted if it were two of my least favorite players in Damon and Clemens.

LOL!!!!

Rumors are rumors are rumors...

Im not believing anything until an official announcement.

Admittingly I didnt believe Palmeiro until it was on the front page of espn.com.

I will go out on a limb and say that there is no possible way that Livan Hernandez has ever done a steroid the guy has the phsique of John Kruk....and Roger Clemens? No way, no how....Im just not believing that......this witchhunt has gotten out of hand.

Go Nats!!!!

According to si.com in the truth and rumors section, taken from the boston globe:

Major League Baseball officials received at least a dozen phone calls yesterday regarding a rumor MLB was about to announce that Roger Clemens and Johnny Damon had tested positive for steroids, with an announcement coming today. ''Total BS," one official said. MLB and the players' union had released a joint press release last week, vehemently denying that more prominent players had tested positive in the aftermath of Rafael Palmeiro's failed test.

-- Boston Globe

• 9 months later...

Archived