Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rex Grossman hurt again (merged)

Arsenic

Originally posted by garg8050

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. I hope the team doesn't go into the game thinking that way.

Agreed. Let's hope there's no complacency on the team...we definitely need the team to give 110% no matter who's on the field.

Problem is, when we spank the Bears, the mediots won't recognize the accomplishment for what it is. Instead, they'll be sure to say something along the lines of..."the real test is in week 2 against Dallas."

A tough break indeed for Rex and I wish him well in his recovery.

As for the Bears, we shouldn't be feeling sorry for them as a team. They will surely come into FedEx Field with a chip on their shoulder and will be out to prove to everybody that one player doesn't make or break a team. If anything, these are sometimes the types of games you want to stay away from.

Regardless, I can take comfort in the fact that we are led by a coaching staff that will not allow our players to ever overlook an opponent like years past.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/CHI/8730842

Bears' Grossman breaks ankle, out 3-4 months

NFL.com wire reports

ST. LOUIS (Aug. 12, 2005) -- Chicago Bears quarterback Rex Grossman broke his left ankle early in the second quarter of a preseason game against the St. Louis Rams and will be sidelined three to four months.

Grossman, who played in only three games last season before being shelved by a right knee injury, was hurt with 11:08 to go in the half on a 4-yard completion to Darnell Sanders. After being flushed out of the pocket by Jeremy Loyd and Trev Faulk and getting spun around by Faulk, he got back to his feet.

While limping, Grossman signaled for a trainer. He then sat down and grabbed his left knee in pain, and slammed his helmet on the cart before being taken off the field.

The Bears used four quarterbacks last year and have used at least three in six of seven seasons. They could be stuck in a similar predicament this year given that backup Chad Hutchinson is unproven.

General manager Jerry Angelo said in the offseason that he was committed to having a veteran backup on board, but the team passed on Kurt Warner, Brad Johnson and Jay Fiedler.

Grossman was 6-for-11 for 52 yards before leaving the scoreless game. He was replaced by Hutchinson, who led the Bears to their only first-half score on the same drive.

Originally posted by Leonard Washington

dayum..3-4months. good thing i traded him for k collins

he he... i did not get him in any of my drafts, i had other sleepers

back on topic...

they said he was injured with 11 minutes to go till halftime

why didnt lovie pull rex once the 1st quarter ended? but you never know when things liek this occur.

i hope ramsey only plays 1 quarter....

would love to see campbell in 2 quarters... i wanna see whats so special about him

and let spinner and brunell shhare a quarter or something:2cents:

This doesn't change the Redskin/Bear outlook one bit. I don't see a hill of beans of difference between Hutchinson and Grossman. Niether has really done anything in the NFL. If anything, Chad has more experience but both will end up as perpecutal backup QB's because both have zero starter quality.

The Bears running game is more of a threat than the passing game and that is also in question right now with Thomas Jones being their only threat. Benson is yet unsigned and its virtually too late for him to get to camp and make an impact.

The Bear offense should be pretty poor for that first game, especially considering they are playing the highest rated defense in the league from last year in yards per carry.......3.1 yds.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Wow...if he's out till week one, our defense should eat up a Grossmen-less Bears squad. Not that he was too intimidating in the first place, but Chad has the reuputation of being the only Cowboys QB we've beaten in the past 5 years.

Actually, I think it was Quincey that we beat, Not Chad. I think. :paranoid: I could be wrong, but it seems to me I remember it being Quincey.

Archived