Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which player could be a surprise?

TLusby

The Redskins have signed quite a few DB's, LB's, RB's and WR's for camp. We all know there will be some surprise cuts as well as the potential for a "surprise" player(s) who makes the roster.

Who could that surprise player(s) be?

As much as I would like to see McCune have success, I wouldn't be expecting much as of yet. I mean, he is a late round selection...

But, who knows?

Someone I would expect to see succeed and make the roster is Kevin Dyson. I see his old teammate Derrick Mason (SP?) is on the Ratbirds' roster now...

I saw some highlights of the superbowl that Dyson played in, very impressive. Hopefully he can bring that here.

Robert Royal.

Reasons:

- He started to look a lot more comfortable towards the end of last season in the system and getting open.

- I believe we will be seeing a lot more spread formations, so when he does come on the field defenses will be concerned about running plays.

- Cooley will start to get more attention, so when they are on the field together, defenses will be more concerned with Cooley.

Originally posted by jimster

Robert Royal.

Reasons:

- He started to look a lot more comfortable towards the end of last season in the system and getting open.

- I believe we will be seeing a lot more spread formations, so when he does come on the field defenses will be concerned about running plays.

- Cooley will start to get more attention, so when they are on the field together, defenses will be more concerned with Cooley.

I think that is a very good choice.

:cheers:

Originally posted by Riggo-toni

Royal will get double digit TDs...if he stays healthy.

One of our big WRs will step up - either Dyson, McCants, or that arena MVP. The other 2 will be cut.

Holdman will make us say "Antonio who?"

Patten will emerge as the #1 WR.

Whoah, easy killer! I don't think Royal will get double-digit TDs...I guess its possible, but I think if any TE/H-back is going to get double-digit TDs it will be Cooley.

My surprise player will be Dockery. I think this is the year he comes out and dominates. He's been showing improvement each season, and this is the year he will dominate.

Originally posted by SkinsHokieFan

I am hoping this is Taylor Jacob's year to break out.

If he stays healthy, I think he will have a huge year. He along with Moss could be a deadly duo for the next 5 years

I agree with Taylor Jacobs.

Archived