Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins Media Coverage Bias Poll

70%

I don't think the press overall is that biased. However, there are a select few that take shots at the organization every chance they get. We're "super" sensitive about our 'Skins, so sometimes we feel like we're being picked on, but I don't think the majority of the media cares enough about the Redskins to waste their time going after them.

In addition, let's be honest; the 'skins, save one year, have sucked for the past 13-14 years. Why would they deserve any praise?

I voted 20% not because all the sportswriters hate the Skins but more because they no longer care enough about them to even make a honest piece about good things going on with the team. It is much more fun to just bash them for anything bad that happens. People in the media expect the Skins to stink and any piece that reinforces that is automaticly heralded as a great work of investigative sports journalism. But then again, there are some writers like Pastabelly who really do hate the team and its fans and love to write long pieces about how bad they will be each year.

I went with 80%. Most of it is justified as our record shows over the past 10 years unfortunately. Once we start winning most of this will go away. I think we are lucky the skins are in the washington market we get a lot more press because we are the Redskins. Even though a lot of it is skins bashing we still get a lot of info on our team. The Washington, New York, Dallas markets are huge and we get extra press. Can you imagine if Patrick Ramsey, Chad Pennington, or Drew Bledsoe gave some lady herpes and it was discovered they used the Alias Ron Mexico. Or in the same offseason they stole some guys Rolex at the airport. Mike Vick did both of these and it received almost no press. Just imagine if it was any of the 3 QB's mentioned above that's all you would be reading about. So I'll take the bad press to at least have coverage of my team and something to talk about. And I guarantee when the skins start winning the press will become very positive and then we can read happy articles and have something to talk about.

GO SKINS!!!:helmet:

Cool guys, thanks for the input. I thought of this idea after reading the LaVar overrated thread. Think he'd be considered overrated if here were on a team like the Browns or Cardinals?

I voted 40% I think as far as the team goes a lot of the criticism is warranted, we haven't won for awhile. I agree with the previous poster that there are some like Pastabelly and Queen who go above and beyond to take shots at the Skins. Also, Monk getting the shaft on the hall of fame is a pile of steaming doo doo.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Cool guys, thanks for the input. I thought of this idea after reading the LaVar overrated thread. Think he'd be considered overrated if here were on a team like the Browns or Cardinals?

Arrington has been hyped since the day he was drafted. I don't think there is enough criticism that can be thrown in his direction. I would be happy if he started living up to even half the hype. He has more penalties than big plays in his career IMO.

I voted 40% I think as far as the team goes a lot of the criticism is warranted, we haven't won for awhile. I agree with the previous poster that there are some like Pastabelly and Queen who go above and beyond to take shots at the Skins. Also, Monk getting the shaft on the hall of fame is a pile of steaming doo doo.

There are a few that truly hate Washington. But that is still relatively low overall. Win some more and they love the burgundy and gold just like Gibbs' first time around.

And do not get me started about the dickage that is the Art Monk situation.

Don't you think Pastabelly wins if it affects your lives so much? Who cares what he thinks? The Redskins are an EASY target because of a brash owner, storied franchise, highest payroll, most lucrative NFL franchise, recent overly hyped FA spending spree's and LOSING. Once again, until you start winning the media will not strain itself to find feel good stories about anything "positive" going on @ Redskins Park.

Tell us then why the hell should we just allow bullsh*t to be thrown our way on a daily basis when we, the laypeople, can even call out the supposed "media experts" on it?

I voted 30% obviously.

Originally posted by herrmag

70%

I don't think the press overall is that biased. However, there are a select few that take shots at the organization every chance they get. We're "super" sensitive about our 'Skins, so sometimes we feel like we're being picked on, but I don't think the majority of the media cares enough about the Redskins to waste their time going after them.

In addition, let's be honest; the 'skins, save one year, have sucked for the past 13-14 years. Why would they deserve any praise?

Agree with this explanation and the percentage.

I think overall the media is a bunch of front-runners (which they should be since the national audience cares about good teams). The Skins have been bad lately.

First of all, the media is not "out to get" the Redskins. They don't root against us or pray that we fail.

Second of all, picking the Cowboys (or Cowpukes, Cowgirls, etc. as they are more commonly known among Extremers) to win more games this year than the Redskins is not bias. It seems many of you might think that would be.

Third, when you've been one of the most poorly-run organizations in football for the past five years, a little criticism might be expected.

And lastly, I'm not a troll. I'm a Redskins fan, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but I've been around this site for over a year, and a lot of you guys see nothing close to reality. Every day I come onto this site, there are usually multiple threads about how this columnist/analyst is against us. And I know, then don't come. However, Extremeskins is still the best Redskins message board, but the irrational/homerish posts take away a lot from the site. That's just my opinion.

Archived