Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Want to try to find the true weakness of our team?

michael_33

This is how you reallly can find it...

You take our current team as of right now!

Then you give yourself the option to add any Redskins great from any era in his prime to the team...

But you can only add 1 guy (great) to the team...!!

If then you are satisfied...Then you have found our most major weakness at that position...

For example:

I will add Sammy Baugh to our current team....He's not only my favorite player of all time...But also considered the greatest Skins QB of all time...

Does my team make the playoffs automatically?Just with the addition of Slingin' Sammy?

This is actually very hard to decide cause of the era Sammy played,but it does make you wonder...?

Is the QB position,the weakest position on the team?Or is it another?

Wow that's a hard question.. Darrel Green, Wilber Marshall, Charles Mann, DexMan, Art Monk.. Hmmmm

Think I'll go with Jeff Bostic.. anchored our O line for years and in his prime could do it all.. omg our running game would so own..

Samuals, Doherty<sp>, Bostic, Thomas and Jansen

droooooool..

Tell you what ... this will cause some to smack their foreheads, but I'd give some consideration to Joe Theismann. He and Gibbs were VERY much on the same page, and Theismann's skill-set (accurate, mobile, sharp as a tack in processing information both in practice and on the field) was incredibly well-suited to what Gibbs wants from a QB.

You put Joey T. circa '82-'84 on today's team, and you've got something.

It would be great to see Sonny behind a decent line, something he never had when he played. But I would have to go with someone like an Art Monk, a go to receiver. Hopefully one of these guys will break out this year, but I don't see any Monk type players right now. Our OL is solid, Ramsey should have a breakout year, the running game will be intact, our D is solid as well as special teams. I think we need a go to guy in Art Monk to get us those extra yards.

Sonny, because he's my all time favorite QB and I would love to see what he could do.

Other strong considerations: Joe Jacoby. The best offensive lineman we ever had IMO. He could move anybody.

Joe T. was an interesting choice. I could see this team clicking with him at the helm.

Interesting that no one has mentioned Riggo, the most dominant player Gibbs ever had.

It would have to be Dexter Manley. Hands down. :notworthy

He was a beast. Put him on the same side as arrington, who would YOU choose to stop. You cannot stop either on one on one.

So I would have to put my vote in for Dexter. It would automatically vault our defense to #1. You can have a bad offense and still win many games if the Defense could pull shut outs like this one would. 11 wins auto...matic!!

(as long as Brunell is not the starting QB, that is!)

While I am very tempted to go with a QB like Joe or Sonny I won't because I think Pat is going to be much better this year. I am also tempted to go with Riggins because the combination of 3 yards anytime you need it and the chance to go to the house on every play (Portis) would be fun to watch.

Other great answers I have read here include Jacoby, Grimm, Warren and Monk. All good answers.

However, in the end I will have to go with Dexter Manley. This team has not had truely dominant pass rushing DE since the days of Manley and Mann. I am talking about someone that the opposing offensive coaches had to game plan around and account for every play. I can't help but wonder how dominant this defense might be with Dexter lining up every play. It is a great defense now but it might one for the ages with Dexter.

Originally posted by Om

Tell you what ... this will cause some to smack their foreheads, but I'd give some consideration to Joe Theismann. He and Gibbs were VERY much on the same page, and Theismann's skill-set (accurate, mobile, sharp as a tack in processing information both in practice and on the field) was incredibly well-suited to what Gibbs wants from a QB.

You put Joey T. circa '82-'84 on today's team, and you've got something.

Plus the single bar face mask is cool. :D

I woulda said Monk or Clark, but then I figger, execution is key, and if we cant, then what is the point of having those receivers. Plus I think our current core of all #2 receivers will surprise people.

Joe Jacoby or Russ Grimm sound good, but our line has talent.

Ill throw my vote down for Manley. A pure, pass rusher that he was, his stats say it all, him adn Corny would totally tear up QBs and o-lines, especially with Gregg Williams scheming behind them.

Archived