Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Online Communities Now given access to camp? - THN Granted Access To Mini Camp

Dead Money

With the gates now opening for online media sources, hopefully some of the highly valued members of the staff here will gain access as well.

Press Release: THN Granted Access To Mini Camp

By Scott Hurrey

2005-06-14

Years of hard work are beginning to pay off for theHogs.net, as the Washington Redskins granted the site full press access to the team's upcoming mini camp. The camp, which will begin Friday, June 17 and conclude Sunday, June 19, is closed to the public but THN will bring you unprecedented coverage.

This development is the culmination of hard work by the THN staff members as well as the Redskins' continued effort to connect directly to the fans. Check the main page for daily updates, interviews, pictures and analysis of the day’s events, as well as wrap-up coverage at the conclusion of camp.

For further information on this story, or information regarding the use of THN content, please contact us at feedback@theHogs.net.

This article was released on 2005-06-14.

LINK TO ARTICLE

Originally posted by bubba9497

:doh:

I mean they have a few hundred members, we have 30,000 :rolleyes:

The actual numbers as of right now are as follows :

Extremeskins.com : Total Members: 33,187 STAFF of 7

TheHogs.net : Total Members: 1,951 STAFF of 12

Guys, what in the world makes you think we DONT have access?

Have you NOT read our interview/chat with Vinny Cerrato and Karl Swanson? Have you not read our interviews with Doc Walker?

Lets be cool about this and applaud THN for earning the trust of those at Redskins Park... but dont mistake this for a snub on Extremeskins either. We are still the ONLY fan site who has had interviews with those who report directly to the Coach and Owner on a daily basis.

When the time comes for us to request access, I'd like to believe that we would be granted the same.

THN isn't bad. I used to hang around there before I found ES.

Nice people and all.

I applaud Blade for pointing out the actual access that we have had. I'm not jealous or slighted by this. Hopefully THN will have no problem with us posting their articles and all is good in the world.

Remember, we're all about the Skins. Brothers in arms.

EDIT:By the way, thank you Blade and staff for all the access you have given us. I feel honored to be a part of this community. Even if it isn't so exclusive. ;)

Originally posted by Blade

Guys, what in the world makes you think we DONT have access?

Have you NOT read our interview/chat with Vinny Cerrato and Karl Swanson? Have you not read our interviews with Doc Walker?

Lets be cool about this and applaud THN for earning the trust of those at Redskins Park... but dont mistake this for a snub on Extremeskins either. We are still the ONLY fan site who has had interviews with those who report directly to the Coach and Owner on a daily basis.

When the time comes for us to request access, I'd like to believe that we would be granted the same.

Good point....not to mention Andyman (our secret source) and Dustin (all the goodies that come available at the Redskin stores).

That's why I stay posted on ES, you guys always seem to come up with even more access to the Skins or things pertaining to the Skins (ie. season ticket upgrades-- thanks again to Huly and Pez for the info. BTW).

THN does not have access it appears.

By Scott Hurrey

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, theHogs.net released a statement regarding press access to the upcoming mini camp June 17-19 at Redskins Park.

That release was based on a misunderstanding between staff at THN and the Washington Redskins. At this time, no credentials have been implied nor granted, as the team has not made a decision regarding our request.

THN would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused the Washington Redskins and the members of theHogs.net.

For any questions regarding this release, please contact Scott.Hurrey@theHogs.net.

The original link is removed. Going to the main content page reveals this item.

In any case, it is a dream for any fan site to be given access on any level at all, so, more power to THN should they be able to get such access. We will continue to provide the level of access we've been providing as well :).

Art.

I hope the Redskins grant THN their request and they get some type of access to camp. I think it will benefit the entire online community including this site in the long run. I would also like another perspective about how players are performing during mini-camp.

Press Release: THN Jumped The Gun

Posted: Jun 14 2005

By Scott Hurrey

Print VersionKnow somebody who might enjoy reading this article?

On Tuesday, June 14, 2005, theHogs.net released a statement regarding press access to the upcoming mini camp June 17-19 at Redskins Park.

That release was based on a misunderstanding between staff at THN and the Washington Redskins. At this time, no credentials have been implied nor granted, as the team has not made a decision regarding our request.

THN would like to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused the Washington Redskins and the members of theHogs.net.

Archived