Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Stupidest ticket you ever got

The Showstopper

just wondering what the stupidest ticket everyones gotten while driving?

mine was probably a few months after i got my license, i was on my way home and got pulled over and the cop was huffin and puffin about me speeding.....i was then told i was being ticketed for doing a 49 in a 40, in an are which drops to 40 from 55....but the thing that got me was what the cop said before he gave me the ticket...."i guess id drive a litle fast if i had a chevelle too"...i was pissed

Inadequate exhaust system :doh: I was on the way home from the Suzuki dealership on my brand new 87 GSXR. I had downshifted coming up to a red light, and of course the revs went up a bit making a little noise. Cop sitting in a parking lot right there pulls me over just as I pull away from the light. I had had one or two run in’s with this dork before.

I asked why I was being stopped, and he said the pipe was too loud. When I told him the bike was brand new with less then 40 miles, he told me to keep my mouth shut or he would find a reason to impound the bike. The SOB even got out his check stick to see if the baffle was removed from the muffler.

He handed me the ticket, and told me to have a nice day. I told him to make sure he kept the appearance date open, I would see him in court.

Went to court, and presented the judge with the bill of sale for the bike, the noise specs from American Suzuki, and told him he could go to the parking lot to confirm the stampings on the muffler saying it complied to all noise regs in the USA, and listen to the bike.

He didn’t bother getting out of his seat, and threw out the ticket……………………..

Expired inspection sticker. I was only a couple days over with an appointment in two more days. Cops in Pa are taught the first day at the academy to nail everyone with expired insp. stickers. If they're answering an armed robbery, they'll pull over a car with a bad sticker first. All the pigs in Pa are that way (state and local).

I was stationed on a pick up area in front in a local area hospital.

The wait took a little longer than expected, when I came out I had a ticket in my windshield for $ 250 + courtfees for parking in a handycap area. I was pissed, I called the police station trying to get the cop to come back and correct his error as this was not a handycap zone, they did not want to hear it. I went to the county and requested the parking zone area for the facility, I obtained a letter from the facility engineering dept. and went to court. The Judge threw the case out but the st*pid cop (no disrespect to all of the other good cops) was still trying to argue his case. The judge thru the case and fine me for illegal parking with came out to be $70 dollars. I wish I would have argue this fine as well. I should have said if the cop would have gotten his laws straight I should not be here, but then again they might have thrown me in jail.

In Pennsylvania its apparently legal to have a radar detector so the cop pulled me over and said it was a visual impairment and took it...

The Virginia stickers that were twice the size in the same spot were o.k. though......

Originally posted by codeorama

I would have walked out, but the chick got naked in it and I had to be sure it didn't happen again... :D

:laugh: soungs like the only reason I agreed to go see Boogie Nights w/ a few friends.... guys wanted to see Heather Graham and girls wanted to see Mark Walberg... what a waste of time and film though.

Originally posted by Whatchamacallit23

:laugh: soungs like the only reason I agreed to go see Boogie Nights w/ a few friends.... guys wanted to see Heather Graham and girls wanted to seark Walberg... what a waste of time and film though.

LOL.. I agree totally.:cheers:

I got a $95 ticket back when I was a broke college student for doing 62 in a 45 - but it was on the exit ramp of the Interstate, meaning I hadn't slowed down fast enough from the legal speed of 65mph to the designated ramp speed of 45. SOB! :cuss:

I've never gotten a ticket for a moving violation. I did get a warning for going 58 in a 55 zone. The cop then proceeded to go the passenger side of my car. I had to unbuckle my seatbelt to roll down the window for him. After he goes back to his car and talks on the radio, he came back and was going to give me a ticket for not wearing my seatbelt but just a warning for the speeding. At that point, I was pretty annoyed and pointed out that if he would just come to the drivers side of the car I wouldn't have to undo my seatbelt to roll down the window on the other side, and if he hadn't asked for my drivers license in my back pocket, ect. Grrr. In any event, since he was standing at my passenger side (for the second time), he did acknowledge that the reason my seatbelt was off was because of him and he let me off with a warning on that one too.

The funny thing is I deserved the speeding ticket. I passed him (stupid, but it was an unmarked car). I was just annoyed that he was trying to give me a more expensive ticket. I was also pretty confident that any judge that drives route 4 in Southern MD would understand going 58 down a country highway and the max for that is no points anyway.

the stupidest ticket i ever recieved was the only one i ever got. coming down 70w from western Md. before they changed the speed limit to 65 mph . i was doing around 70mph in the fast lane and cars were passing me on the other 2 lanes to the right . come over a hill and there they were state police with radar. bam!! cop jumps out in the lane and points me to the side of the road . he asked me if i knew how fast i was going and what the limit was , i told him i did to both and asked him why he didn't bother to stop the other cars that were obviously going faster then me , his reply to me was " i was the one in the fast lane " :rolleyes:

memo to self : , if your gonna speed do it the center and right lanes :doh:

The dumbest ticket I got was for one I didn't deserve, but I admit I put the Trooper in a position that he at least had to give me something because I was being a smartass... ;)

I had a '94 Mustang Cobra this happened some time in '97 or so. I bought the car from a guy who lived in Fairfax in '96, but the car was with his Parents in Arizona and only had 4-5,000 miles on it at the time. Since they don't require a front license plate, it didn't have one. I never put one on when I got it. Just couldn't force myself to do it because the front bumper was compeltely untouched. It had never even been drilled for a bracket. That's a no-no in Virginia, as you all know... ;)

For one reason or another, three Police Officers had commented on it to me that day. The first two didn't even so much as give me a warning. They just told me to get it done. The third was the Trooper. I was young, stupid and punch drunk from the other two, so I gave him attitude. He was standing at the main toll plaza looking for runners (I assume) and I was leaving the toll after paying. My rear tires had slipped on the metal right in front of the toll booth (it was a rainy day) and he followed me to give me a ticket for "unable to maintain proper control."

I didn't even stand a chance in court. Had I kept my mouth shut, he wouldn't have cared about the tires on the metal. When I explained it was raining, the judge didn't even care.

Nick

Originally posted by zoony

I got a ticket for urinating in public. :doh:

From an undercover female cop no less... she had a serious attitude.

:laugh: :laugh:

Reminds me of a few years back. I was with some friends partying at Baha Beach Club in B-more. We parked upstairs in the parking garage. When we left, I took a leak in between two cars. As I was finnishing up, I saw the shadow in front of me of someone standing behind me. I figured I was busted and started pulling out my ID before I turned around. He took my info and said I was on "probation" for 1 year. If I was caught urinating in Baltimore in that time, I'd go to jail. So we made plans to go down there exactly 1 year later so I could go in the same spot, but something came up at the last minute and I was unable to go.

On another note, there has been a big "sting" operation going on in York, Pa. They've been busting people left and right for urinating in alleys. At the same time, there have been alot of shootings lately, but there have not been any arrests.

Go get 'em Barney Fife, he's taking a tinkle.

I got a drunk in public while waiting for a cab on a street corner because the cop thought I had been driving drunk and knocked over a street sign. He handcuffed me and put me in the back of his car while we drove around looking for my car which was of course parked at home where I had orginially taken the cab from. All I was trying to do was go home at the end of the night. Serious abuse of power there. I have filed a complaint against the officer already, but I have a court date for it coming up next week.

I have a ford explorer with a hitch on the back for carrying (small boats...etc.) Well one night i was driving on kingstowne parkway, and had my lights off for 2 seconds tops before i remembered to put them up. The cop still jumped all over it t hough and pulled me over. He thanked me for being polite and that he wouldnt write me a ticket for not having my lights, but instead "would cut me a break for having an obscure license plate" I said sir that hitch was made as part of the car. He said im sorry but after all these terrorist attacks and everything that can be used to hide your identity. hmmm its funny though, the few red lights ive ran on photo sure seemed to be able find its way to my house :laugh:

During the time when I was making preparations to move to Atlanta I forgot to renew my VA license tag. Of course two days before I actually moved I get pulled over by an Arlington cop. He informed me that as long as I got it renewed before the court date the judge would throw out the fine. Yeah, like that helps:rolleyes:

Originally posted by codeorama

I would have walked out, but the chick got naked in it and I had to be sure it didn't happen again... :D

Really? I didn't know that...hmmm...now I'm gonna have to see it to make sure you didn't miss anything. :D

Windows being too tinted.

I bought the car used, the dealer never bothered to tell me that the windows might be too dark for VA. So the cop pulls me over at 8 AT NIGHT, gives me major attitude and gives me a ticket.

So I go to court, tell the judge I got the car they neglected to tell me that the windows might be too tinted. I told him that I thought that it would be illegal to sell a car that didn't meet VA standards. He let me off, I didn't have to pay anything, but he told me that I had to get the tinting taken off.

My ass! It'd cost me three times more than the ticket to get that tinting taken off. I never got it taken off.

Originally posted by Spaceman Spiff

Windows being too tinted.

I bought the car used, the dealer never bothered to tell me that the windows might be too dark for VA. So the cop pulls me over at 8 AT NIGHT, gives me major attitude and gives me a ticket.

So I go to court, tell the judge I got the car they neglected to tell me that the windows might be too tinted. I told him that I thought that it would be illegal to sell a car that didn't meet VA standards. He let me off, I didn't have to pay anything, but he told me that I had to get the tinting taken off.

My ass! It'd cost me three times more than the ticket to get that tinting taken off. I never got it taken off.

Hell, you got off easy. My friend Tommy had a Toyota pick up that had real dark tinting. We were on our way up state (NY) on a fishing trip, and had stopped for gas on the RT 17. As we're filling up, a state trooper pulls up to the truck. He asks Tommy for his licence, reg, and ins card.

As he's writing out a ticket, he tells Tommy that the tint is way too dark. He gives him the ticket, and as were getting back in the truck he says, where do you think your going. We were clueless at that point.

He said, we couldn't drive the truck unless we removed the tint, went back to his car, and came back with two razor blades. The SOB sat there with a big smile the entire time till it was all off. Our fingers were so raw, we could hardly tie our lines the next morning.

Originally posted by Pete

Hell, you got off easy. My friend Tommy had a Toyota pick up that had real dark tinting. We were on our way up state (NY) on a fishing trip, and had stopped for gas on the RT 17. As we're filling up, a state trooper pulls up to the truck. He asks Tommy for his licence, reg, and ins card.

As he's writing out a ticket, he tells Tommy that the tint is way too dark. He gives him the ticket, and as were getting back in the truck he says, where do you think your going. We were clueless at that point.

He said, we couldn't drive the truck unless we removed the tint, went back to his car, and came back with two razor blades. The SOB sat there with a big smile the entire time till it was all off. Our fingers were so raw, we could hardly tie our lines the next morning.

:doh: ouch man, that sucks. It's such a dumb law, I really don't get it....Va sucks when it comes to stuff like that...hardly any tinting, no radar detectors...

Archived