Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

THE INSOMNIAC THREAD - 2018 Week 2: Welcomes the restless,drunken , die hard fans!

zCommander

I just got tix for Section 12 ROW 1!! Thats very front row in the endzone. (think" Lambeau leap "seats) I should be up close and personal on every scoring play. Could not sleep a wink last night and have a 3.5 hr drive to the game. Taking a buddy and his 2 year old daughter, so I'll probably have to skip the tailgate. I'm so stoked that I've been an insomniac, but not by choice. Let's get this thing started!

I've got the Scrumpy Jack cider nicely chilled and the sticky BBQ chicken will be ready by game time, which is 6pm over here. My No. 71 jersey is hanging in the closet (really need to get that washed) and I am ****ing pumped for the game.

I'll be passing the time until kickoff watching the Singapore, Formula 1 grand prix (go Hamilton) and playing a Fallout 4, Survival Plus run on PS4 (no perks, no VATS, no power armor, no crafting, no cooking, no buying or selling, no companions, no settlements).

2-0 or Homer says D'oh.

6 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

What ya'll up to?  Doing computer surgery, took SSD HDD out of my older i3 Linux laptop and put into a newer i5.  Love Linux so much, unlike Windows, when you do that, on boot all the necessary drivers for the new machine will be found and no need for a re-install.  I took the drive from the i5 (Windows 7) and slapped it into the older i3 laptop, but if I tried booting it, it would freak out on stupid ****, "Who's f'n keyboard is this?!"  Anyway, debating on leaving it on Windows 7 or upgrading to 10.  I hate 10.  But now I have a Linux and Windows laptop, no need for VMs or dual booting anymore.  Get them both up to 8GB RAM and I'm good.

Did you know you can do the same with Windows 10. I took a SSD with Win 10 running on a Core2 Duo and slapped into an i5 machine and not expecting to boot up but give me the wonderful BSOD but lo behold it said wait while we configure your devices and then booted right up into the Desktop. 

Highlight of my morning was when one the kids yelled RAT! It was a mouse sitting on the steps of the basement. Grabbed a plastic shopping bag and was able to catch him with my hand. It wasn't a very fast runner. Now most of my morning will be spent looking for where this damn thing came from since we don't have a walk-out basement. 

I still need to go to Costco to get some stuff for the grill out. It will be a long morning but should go fast.Thank you Mr. Mouse for jump starting my morning....lol 

GO SKINS!!!

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

Did you know you can do the same with Windows 10. I took a SSD with Win 10 running on a Core2 Duo and slapped into an i5 machine and not expecting to boot up but give me the wonderful BSOD but lo behold it said wait while we configure your devices and then booted right up into the Desktop. 

Hmm... What were the models?

I was going from Dell to Gateway, some drivers didn't exist anymore for 7 so had to upgrade to 10 after the reinstall.  If it's same model , ya,no issues .  Same brand, you might get lucky based of the generation of the machines, still not best practice with Windows, Dell had EUFI bios, gateway had regular bios, too.

Edit: you IT, too, so I know you know what I'm talking about : ) Legacy BIOS was enabled on the i5, but it was late so didn't feel like testing/risking it being an issue down the road vs knocking it out.  Think if I had upgrade the i5 to 10 I woulda had better success, base 7 install on i3 missing drivers, 10 upgrade found them all.  Microsoft being passive aggressive about upgrades as usual, lolz

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

What is the new word ‘optmistic’ you speak of? 

I’ve searched every Redskins dictionary known to man and its been erased WAY back for some reason?

Hail.

GHH good to see ya around these parts. Careful... Another win today, and you just might catch some of this optimistic kool-aid yourself... 

2-0 in 3.5 hours, kids!!! 

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Hmm... What were the models?

I was going from Dell to Gateway, some drivers didn't exist anymore for 7 so had to upgrade to 10 after the reinstall.  If it's same model , ya,no issues .  Same brand, you might get lucky based of the generation of the machines, still not best practice with Windows, Dell had EUFI bios, gateway had regular bios, too.

Edit: you IT, too, so I know you know what I'm talking about : ) Legacy BIOS was enabled on the i5, but it was late so didn't feel like testing/risking it being an issue down the road vs knocking it out.  Think if I had upgrade the i5 to 10 I woulda had better success, base 7 install on i3 missing drivers, 10 upgrade found them all.  Microsoft being passive aggressive about upgrades as usual, lolz

Took my Win 10 SSD HD from Dell Dimension to Cyberpower. This was with Win 10. Does not and will not work with Win 7. I missed Win XP because you could do that. Sure you would have to provide the drivers and after that Win XP would work without any problems. I missed that. I am glad MS brought that back in Win 10. I have tried this with couple of laptops too with different generations of Intel processors. I haven't tried to go from Intel chipset to AMD chipset. If an opportunity comes up I will try. 

3 more hours to go! :)

26 minutes ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

GHH good to see ya around these parts. Careful... Another win today, and you just might catch some of this optimistic kool-aid yourself... 

2-0 in 3.5 hours, kids!!! 

Thanks man. Appreciated.

Another win as professional looking as last weeks and I might need to reasses my Gruden issues. 

Side note- I still can’t get my head round just how bad my boy Sam looked. He was SO good in Norman coming out I homesty wanted us to tank bad to snagt him. Now, he looks ____ scared to even step on a football field. Like hes been hit that many times he’s got David Carr syndrome. Night and day from the legendary Sooner that gave OU fans so much pleasure.

Indy meanwhile have Luck healthy and looking on the way back to his best in Reichs innovatively open O. I think a big thing today will be if Mack is fit to go or not? He’ll add another dimension.

He doesn’t, I have the Redskins carrying the momentum over and winning fairly comfortably. He does, amd this thing could be a straight shoot-out right to the gun.

Watch Ryan Grant burn us too just because. ****er!

Hail.

1 hour ago, DCtoSC_SKINS_LIFER said:

Woke up to find that no trees had fallen on or near the house and I still DirecTV satellite signal (for now). Can’t ask for much more than that under the current circumstances. Let’s get it today men!!  HAIL

Great! Just called my favored watering hole here in Charlotte to make sure they’re open...voila! Now, as long as I can make it there...and back...and the lights stay on!

1 hour ago, zskins said:

Took my Win 10 SSD HD from Dell Dimension to Cyberpower. This was with Win 10. Does not and will not work with Win 7. I missed Win XP because you could do that. Sure you would have to provide the drivers and after that Win XP would work without any problems. I missed that. I am glad MS brought that back in Win 10. I have tried this with couple of laptops too with different generations of Intel processors. I haven't tried to go from Intel chipset to AMD chipset. If an opportunity comes up I will try. 

3 more hours to go! :)

Oh ya, zero expectations with that one, unlike our football team. Hail to the MF'n Redskins!!!

1 hour ago, LaRonDontLikeUgly said:

Currently buttnaked on a beach in St.Tropez guzzling rosè by the truckload in anticipation for kickoff!!

Note:  While I am striking the same pose as Laron in my sig, our body-types will not be confused. 

If you’re buttnaked, on the rouge, on a beach in St.Tropez and football is on your mind you’re doing this BADLY wrong. 

We need to have ‘the talk.’ 

Hail.

32 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

If you’re buttnaked, on the rouge, on a beach in St.Tropez and football is on your mind you’re doing this BADLY wrong. 

We need to have ‘the talk.’ 

Hail.

I'm more concerned about the rosè , but who am I to judge!

Archived