Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Redskin's Major Injury Thread (Robert Davis Added)

nonniey

12 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Reading Reactions on Twitter, it seems like we lost a pro bowler lol.  Davis will have no bearing on this season

Yeah for real. He's like, what, our 6th WR? He had talent sure, but every team in the league has a Robert Davis on their roster at one position or another.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah for real. He's like, what, our 6th WR? He had talent sure, but every team in the league has a Robert Davis on their roster at one position or another.

if it was Mo Harris, ok maybe we lost depth but this guy has done nothing in the NFL. He may have had 15 catches all year

23 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

Reading Reactions on Twitter, it seems like we lost a pro bowler lol.  Davis will have no bearing on this season

I agree. 

While I feel real bad for the guy, and hope he makes a full recovery, he wasn't even assured a spot on the team.

While all injuries are bad, folks need to stop acting like this is Art Monk or Gary Clark that went down with an injury.

The Redskins will weather this. :)

11 hours ago, -JB- said:

Man, when the Vikings win the SB with Kirk Cousins :bye:

What's stopping you now? 

1 hour ago, bakedtater1 said:

This year?....I would **** my pants .but it ain't happening folks.

He'll do his classic deer in the headlights look before a huge game.   I swear i always saw it coming before any big moment.   And then... he'd play completely scared.  I think the Vikings are going to regret his fully guaranteed contract. 

1 minute ago, Rex Tomb said:

He'll do his classic deer in the headlights look before a huge game.   I swear i always saw it coming before any big moment.   And then... he'd play completely scared.  I think the Vikings are going to regret his fully guaranteed contract. 

Couldn't agree more

On 8/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Warhead36 said:

We basically have only lost one guy of consequence. 

I had forgotten we lost Kouandjio, but even though he was supposed to compete for starting LG, cant say I was expecting much even if he won it.

11 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Why all this animosity toward a 2d year WR?

It's just an overcorrection to the injury hysteria.  Really has nothing to do with him specifically.

On 5/11/2018 at 1:48 PM, dyst said:

What exactly does Snyder spend the money from this organization on? Is he just waiting for a new Stadium? No joke the place looks so dated. After a billions years, they finally got a bubble field.

Himself, and more failing business ventures. Guy is a tool’s tool.

When you are trying to build a football team through the draft, every pick is important and you don't want to see anyone get hurt.  There are countless examples of nfl players who became stars that were not stars in their first several years in the NFL.  You never know how a guy is going to develop once they are coached up, get stronger, etc. etc.  So to say oh he was just a guy is stupidity in my opinion.  Just because he was just a guy last year does not mean he would have been just a guy this year.  So now in preseason game, we have lost three young players to season ending injuries.  Even if those players did not contribute this year, they are also going to lose an entire season to improve.  Remember last year when we were literally signing people on Tuesday off the street and they were playing on Sunday.  It is a big deal.  

15 minutes ago, glongest said:

When you are trying to build a football team through the draft, every pick is important and you don't want to see anyone get hurt.  There are countless examples of nfl players who became stars that were not stars in their first several years in the NFL.  You never know how a guy is going to develop once they are coached up, get stronger, etc. etc.  So to say oh he was just a guy is stupidity in my opinion.  Just because he was just a guy last year does not mean he would have been just a guy this year.  So now in preseason game, we have lost three young players to season ending injuries.  Even if those players did not contribute this year, they are also going to lose an entire season to improve.  Remember last year when we were literally signing people on Tuesday off the street and they were playing on Sunday.  It is a big deal.  

Agreed but that same logic applies to guys like Perine going from year 1 to year 2 or Doctson from 2 to 3. Things are ever changing in the NFL. Fuller went from disappointing rookie to traded CB star in one year. Ioanidis went from JAG to a really impactful DL. Moses went from forgettable rookie season to a very solid RT. The examples are endless, yet there is plenty of chatter around here about how Perine blows and Doc is destined for jump ball threat only.

Archived