Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Washington Nationals - Weak Cheese

@DCGoldPants

This is what I was talking about when I said a week ago that, because of the injury bug, I wasn't letting myself get excited about the team. It's just one of those years where every single thing goes terribly wrong and there's nothing we can do about it.

I love what Martinez is doing, I love what Rizzo is doing, and the team at its core is extremely good with a bright future ahead, but this is one of those cursed years. The Dodgers are going through one themselves. 

In order to make the playoffs, we're going to need help from the Braves and the Phillies, and right now neither looks like it's going to happen. Same thing as 2015 with a beat up Nats team and the Mets.

1 hour ago, Bacon said:

This is what I was talking about when I said a week ago that, because of the injury bug, I wasn't letting myself get excited about the team. It's just one of those years where every single thing goes terribly wrong and there's nothing we can do about it.

I love what Martinez is doing, I love what Rizzo is doing, and the team at its core is extremely good with a bright future ahead, but this is one of those cursed years. The Dodgers are going through one themselves. 

In order to make the playoffs, we're going to need help from the Braves and the Phillies, and right now neither looks like it's going to happen. Same thing as 2015 with a beat up Nats team and the Mets.

We are 3 games behind despite this "curse"  I swear DC sports fans are ****es. I imagine they treat their real life as they do with their sports opinion, which is pretty pathetic 

2 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

These are the things that happen when you put Bryce, Trea, and the double A club out there.

Rendon is not back either and has 0 protection.  No one respects matt adams.  everyone after rendon should not be starting for any championship club 

Ryan Madson is going to be put on the DL too :/

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Injuries have destroyed this team and it might be too late when or if everyone does get back

Get Rendon back, put Zimmerman, Madson on DL, Eaton has surgery...

And the Braves are about to come back in the 9th, were down 9-4, now 9-8.

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Injuries have destroyed this team and it might be too late when or if everyone does get back

If we can keep this deficit within 5 games until August 1, we are fine.  they said eaton was already playing catch on his ankle.  Wieters only had a tendon removed and nothing needed to be done on his hamstring.  Murphy should be starting to play spring training games in Fl this week too.  

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

If we can keep this deficit within 5 games until August 1, we are fine.  they said eaton was already playing catch on his ankle.  Wieters only had a tendon removed and nothing needed to be done on his hamstring.  Murphy should be starting to play spring training games in Fl this week too.  

I would like to be as positive as that but there's no guarantee where they'll by then.  Hopefully things will turn around for the better, but maybe they won't.  It just sucks since the potential was there for so much this year, but things haven't gone as planned.

Just stay within striking range and make a run late. That's what the Indians and Cubs did last year.

IIRC in 2014 we were in 2nd place for most of the 1st half of the year before getting red hot in July and running away with the division.

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

We are 3 games behind despite this "curse"  I swear DC sports fans are ****es. I imagine they treat their real life as they do with their sports opinion, which is pretty pathetic 

You're making this personal as Madson heads to the DL? smh

Look, I'm not telling anyone to stop caring. We all have our own free time allotted to us each week, and if someone wants to keep watching the Sky Chiefs try their hardest to stay out of 4th place, that's great for them. If we do somehow make the playoffs, it will be all the sweeter for them. But it's difficult for me, personally, to stay invested every day when the cast keeps shifting. 

Archived