Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RV Bachelor Living (and the adventure of a lonesome Buzz)

TheGreatBuzz

So today I was on my way up to williamsburg when another campground called me and said they had an opening.  I packed up (which takes a lot less time now that I have a routine) and moved over to Oceana.  They have WiFi (extremely slow but at least existent) and far fewer trees which means less maintenance on my roof.  Also just looks more like my type of crowd.  There is also a dive bar about 1/2 mile away so I can walk to and from.  Still no cable.  I'm thinking about getting a satellite.  I know Dish has some thing where you pay per month or whatever which I think will be better with me deploying.  But we have Directv at the house so I'm going to call them and see if there is some kind of bundle I can get.  At least I don't need Sunday Ticket anymore since they are local.  Anways, I'm settled into my spot for the next few months.  I will have to run out one day soon to get weighed but that shouldn't be too bad since I have packing and hooking up down pretty good.

On 11/1/2017 at 8:42 PM, LadySkinsFan said:

No TV or WIFI is a ****! That does indeed sucketh!

Ya'll...they have things called BOOKS!  :ols:  Just kidding, my internet will be down all day tomorrow, so I'll be on my phone with y'all...tiny screen I can't type on well.  :(

Edit, forgot to add:  Glad you're safe, Chief.  ;)

Sorry I haven't updated lately.  Once I checked into my new ship, I've been quite busy.  

One important thing I learned the other night (when we had the freeze warning).  If you run out of propane in the middle of the night, you wake up cold.  I have two propane bottles but I only keep one on at a time so I always have a back up.  Well that one bottle went empty at some point in the middle of the night and I woke up quite chilly.  Other than that though, not much going on.

One thing I did find (and I'm pretty sure this constitutes an emergency) is that the TV guide website says the Skins game is NOT showing here.  It says they are showing the Colts/Steelers game.  Isn't Norfolk part of the Skins broadcast area?  Why wouldn't they be showing the game?  I guess I'm going to have to find a bar close by with Sunday Ticket.

56 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

One thing I did find (and I'm pretty sure this constitutes an emergency) is that the TV guide website says the Skins game is NOT showing here.  It says they are showing the Colts/Steelers game.  Isn't Norfolk part of the Skins broadcast area?  Why wouldn't they be showing the game?  I guess I'm going to have to find a bar close by with Sunday Ticket.

http://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2017&wk=10

NFL maps seems to think they'll be showing the game. I can't imagine them only showing the Steelers and Colts.

I lived for a summer in an 18' foot travel trailer.  My Weber Q cooked most of my meals.  Got an adapter that let it use a full size propane tank and at the end of that summer, using it almost every day, I still had half a tank left.  You can cook almost anything on there and it's no more trouble (less in fact due to no clean up) than cooking a single burger on the stove.  Bacon does all right too.  Potatoes, ribs and lots of salmon (I was in AK).  Really breakfast eggs or liquids were the only thing I cooked inside.  

That summer was a really good one.  Paring down life to what fits in a small space was, I don't know, refreshing?  I envy you Buzz. 

Archived