Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RV Bachelor Living (and the adventure of a lonesome Buzz)

TheGreatBuzz

If you have att for cell, you can use directv on mobile without using up data.  If you have verizon, your wife can get fios and you can stream fios mobile on cell or ipad without using up data.  If internet usage is not a problem, then more options.

Hopefully this cable thing is just a one night issue.  I think the base campgrounds where I will be have cable.  If not, I will definetly be looking at the Cutting the Cord thread.  I know my wife told me a bunch of ways to stream tv and even bought me a wire to hook up my ipad to the tv.  I just don't know where that cable is and don't remember what she told me.  I wasn't really listening.  Oops.

Also, another lesson learned I forgot to mention:

When you get up early and leave before sun up, it is a lot more difficult to pack camp and hook up.  And see in your mirrors when navigating out of the campground.  When able, wait until sun up.

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Thanks for all the info steve.  Question:  I plan on coming in tomorrow and will be staying at Langley for a few weeks.  I had planned on taking the route 17 bridge that i saw on google maps in an attempt to avoid as much city as possible.  Since you seem to know the area better than I do, does that sound like a good path?

Are you coming up 85/95 from Florida?  If so you get off the interstate at 58 E and take that to South Hampton Roads and then head North via 664.  The bridge you're talking about is the James River Bridge and it's lightly trafficked but it's less convenient than the Monitor-Merrimac bridge tunnel.  I would probably take the Monitor-Merrimac if I were you, and only detour to 17 from 664 if the traffic is bad.  Interstate driving is going to be easier than having to deal with the traffic lights in Newport News after you take the JRB since you're hauling a large RV.  But both ways should be fine.

The traffic on 664 northbound through the Monitor-Merrimac is unpredictable.  Occasionally it gets backed up pretty bad, but more often you can just fly through.  You won't really know until you get close.  You can listen to AM 1680 for traffic reports on the interstates and bridges.

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Finally set up at my new site for a bit.  No cable or wifi.  This sucks.

I hate that.. Shoulda listened better to your wife. :ols:

Last time I went RV ing I had the satellite dish trying to tune in the game

Just now, TheGreatBuzz said:

Way to many trees for a satellite or I would get one tomorrow.

I had to go to a different campsite to get reception,management was not amused.

**** em

you can't hotspot your phone?

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

A.  Im not going to fire up the grill for 1 burger.

B.  Cook the bacon in the frying pan then cook the burger IN the bacon grease.  Ever tried it?  Its quite tasty though it can cause heart burn.

Cook the bacon in the pan, refrigerate grease to re-solidify, grill burger (if the stovetop is propane, get a grill pan), and place dollop of grease on burger topped with cheese.  You're  welcome. 

And I'm breakin balls.  Like I said, I don't own an RV (yet) just spent a few weekends in them at racetracks and campgrounds.

Archived