Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Fantasy Football

JamesMadisonSkins

59 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just finished my primary league ... I went in with 2 keepers (David Johnson for $45 and Melvin Gordon for $20) ... on a $220 auction half PPR

QB: Andrew Luck, Philip Rivers

RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Joe Mixon, Paul Perkins, CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman

WR: Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, DeVante Parker, Rishard Matthews

TE: Austin Hooper, Hunter Henry

I got stuck in a situation where the WRs dried up before the RBs did and I had money to spend so I went for the RBs as trade bait ... may sit on them for a while and see who emerges to go get another WR. I like Robinson and Adams and expect Parker to break out but with no depth I fear vulnerability.

I plan to start Johnson, Gordon at RB with Robinson and Adams at WR and then 2 of Perkins/Mixon/Anderson at Flex.

RBs Extremely strong due to your keepers What is the line-up though? WRs are ok - TE a bit weak. QBs are OK to excellent pending when and if Luck comes back (how much did he cost? He is going 10th-11th rounds now not sure what that equates to in auction). Was there a Top WR available to bid for or were they locked up/kept? I've only have done one auction so not really good at analyzing those types of drafts.

Most of the top WRS were available. But they all went above what I was willing to spend. In my mind I decided if I didn't land Amari Cooper I'd go heavy WR2-3 ... but then those guys disappeared quickly and went above where I had them pegged. So I got stuck with Adams and Robinson. Cooper went for $49 as my cap on him was $42. My plan to get WR2 guys worked with Adams ($27) and Robinson ($28) but then Martavis, Hill and Pryor went for $26, $25, $31 which was too rich for my liking. Perkins was $2 and Anderson $10 so those were steals IMO. Coleman was an "oopsie" where I got him for $5 but hasn't targeted him. 6 RB and 4 WR. I doubt I'll ever start a WR in the flex spot. So as long as Adams/Robinson/Parker stay solid I should be okay. Mixon I got for $37 which was $10 above my target but he was the next to last of the rookies to go and I wanted him for his upside / keeper ability. Hunt was the last good RB to go and went for $48 cause people were desperate. Auctions can be all over the place. 

I plan to start Anderson and Mixon at flex. But hoping Perkins, Anderson and Mixon all establish themselves to upgrade at WR. 

Got Luck for $2 which was nice. And actually got my top 2 targets with hooper and Henry at TE.  

13 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Keep Funchess on your watch list. I know everyone writes him off as trash and a "bust" because the average fantasy guy likes to hate on players but remember he's only 23 years old, he's entering his third professional season the year players break out a lot of the time, his head coach has been saying he's going to get targets and be used more then in the past, and he's the WR2 with only Benjamin in front of him. Not saying to definitely grab him but say you miss out on Britt and White (easy points) and want to play it out before making your claim, if he starts out fast could be someone no one is looking at to grab 

I live in Charlotte, and Funchess has had a horrible camp so far. There are young guys pushing him for time, and it's possible he may be sitting more than playing soon. He was a Gettleman pick, big guy, but slow, and can't get separation. Iffy hands too. There's a reason Gettleman got canned. I'd be very wary of Funchess.

Also, on Britt. It looks like Coleman and Keizer have a connection. He's the guy I'm targeting late. Let you know after Friday night if I land him.

3 hours ago, Long n Left said:

I live in Charlotte, and Funchess has had a horrible camp so far. There are young guys pushing him for time, and it's possible he may be sitting more than playing soon. He was a Gettleman pick, big guy, but slow, and can't get separation. Iffy hands too. There's a reason Gettleman got canned. I'd be very wary of Funchess.

Also, on Britt. It looks like Coleman and Keizer have a connection. He's the guy I'm targeting late. Let you know after Friday night if I land him.

Horrible camp? 

https://catcrave.com/2017/08/06/carolina-panthers-devin-funchess-excellent-training-camp/

http://rotoviz.com/2017/08/will-funchess-excellent-camp-finally-mean-a-break-out/?hvid=4VL2m9

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-devin-funchess-impresses-during-training-camp/

http://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/27/panthers-2017-training-camp-diary-day-2/

I don't live in NC but all reports I've seen about him say the opposite of that.

I'm not saying anyone should be aggressively looking to draft Funchess but when Rivera came out this offseason making a point to tell reporters that one mistake he thinks he made last season was not getting Funchess involved more and that he's taken the WR2 job we need to be paying attention. At 6'4, 23 years old younger then Kenny Goliday everyone's in love with, if he can start to break out he will be someone anyone in keeper and dynasty leagues should be interested in. He's basically a free pick can get him last pick of a draft. Thing is he's still got that stink of being a draft bust all over him. Good trade target too IF it works out

Kenny Britt on the other hand it being completely overlooked this year and I personally think that's a mistake. My case for Britt

1. Only 25 players across the league had a 1000 or more receiving yards last year and he's one of them

2. We always knew that talent wise Britt had it, he just never had his head on straight to use it. He's there now

3. The Browns are a misunderstood team this year. You don't want to own RB's on bad teams generally. Your not going to find the Jordan Howards of the world on my teams because they go against game script. The guy everyone's all over this season on the Browns is Crowell. So when do RB's run the ball? Usually when the team has a points lead and early downs. How many Browns games do you think they are going to be competitive this year in? Vegas has them as a 4 win team which would be 3 more games then they won all of last year so in other words not many. What do teams do when they fall behind in the score in games? Pass more then run. Who is the WR1 on the Browns this year? Kenny Britt. All of this means he's got big time game script in his favor this year

4. Who signed a big money deal with the Browns this year? Kenny Britt. What happens with guys who sign big money deals? They get opportunities

5. Last year on the Rams Britt produced even with a horrible QB. He has already proven to be worthy in offenses with bad QB play. 

6. His ADP according to fantasy football calculator today in a PPR league is WR50, round 11 pick 3. Coleman on the other hand is WR42, round 9 pick 4. You can get Britt a full two rounds after Coleman and Coleman isn't even the WR1. Plug the two names into "who should I draft" on fantasypros and it's 71% in favor of Britt with 65 of 91 experts preferring Britt yet the average drafter disagrees. 

That's my case for Britt over Coleman. Corey Coleman's high receiving career yardage in the league is only 413 yards. I like Coleman but this choice is easy. Side with the experts

I'm really hoping Mixon and Perkins have breakout years. Mixon I trust to do so more than Perkins, but both would be really nice. I think CJ Anderson will have a solid but unspectacular year. If Adams regresses or Allen Robinson doesn't at least perform as a WR2 I could be in trouble due to my WRs.

Johnson and Gordon could carry me and I'm very fortunate to have them on my roster, but I failed to secure a strong sure-fire #3 and #4 guys that I can expect to produce big points. I have a lot of breakout potential-type guys ... and I'll hopefully hit on more than I miss ... but still makes me nervous.

Now if Devonta Freeman missed any significant time, I'd be in a great spot with Tevin Coleman immediately becoming an RB1

2 hours ago, bobandweave said:

Horrible camp? 

That's my case for Britt over Coleman. Corey Coleman's high receiving career yardage in the league is only 413 yards. I like Coleman but this choice is easy. Side with the experts

Not gonna get in a pissing contest with you, but you cited three homer journals and an article from last season's training camp. I listen to local Charlotte sports radio almost daily, and there is concern that this may be a make or break year for Funchess. He has not looked good in the preseason games, whereas Benjamin has been lighting it up.

As for Coleman v Britt. C'mon man, Coleman was a rookie last year who missed almost all of training camp, then got a broken hand. He only played in 10 games for his 413 and 3 TDs. In 8 prior seasons, Britt has only gained more than 775 yards once, last season. Britt has 30 career TDs, but had one year (his second) with nine. That means he averaged 3 TDs per year the other 8 seasons. He has played at least 12 games in all but one of his seasons. You also think the Browns will purposely feed Britt above their first round pick (15) from last year?

I've also gotten to see a good bit of the Browns last two preseason games, and Kizer seems to have a great rapport with Coleman.

In a dynasty league, Coleman is a no brainer choice over Britt.

Kind of in the mindset to stand pat and see how my roster starts the season, but I'm exploring a mutually beneficial trade with my buddy ... he gets CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman and Paul Perkins from me. I get Demaryius Thomas and Dalvin Cook from him.

Would leave me with David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon at RB and Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker and Rishard Matthews at WR. With a spot open to grab Perine off WW to stash for later possibly ... or just roll with 4 RBs since they all have massive upside. I do feel like I'm giving up some potential here ... but he's absolutely desperate for a RB given that his top 2 are Cook and Smallwood. He's got a lot of WRs (Thomas is his 4th right now). I always think optimistically and I see the potential in all 3 of Anderson/Coleman and Perkins. Thoughts? Every analysis I've done sees it as a big win/win for both parties.

The idea of rolling out Johnson, Gordon, Cook + Thomas, Adams and Robinson is nice ... and having Mixon and Parker on the bench, who I expect to both have huge years, though Mixon may take a few weeks to get the lions share there in Cincy.

1 hour ago, Long n Left said:

Not gonna get in a pissing contest with you, but you cited three homer journals and an article from last season's training camp. I listen to local Charlotte sports radio almost daily, and there is concern that this may be a make or break year for Funchess. He has not looked good in the preseason games, whereas Benjamin has been lighting it up.

Sure sounds to me like your looking to get into that sort of contest with me over Funchess. i mean you claim that I am citing articles that should be in question when one of them is from Rotoviz, a fantasy pay for cite that is not fanboys of any kind. And citing your radio listening expirence as proof he can't possibly break out while you ignore the fact that all I said about this guy was he's someone to watch because he's basically free to everyone right now and has many arrows pointing up for him this season and he's going overlooked.

Your reaction proved my point I was making about this player and how the average fantasy drafter overlooks him. Is there anything wrong about saying add him to your watch list? The underlying issue here is there are guys out there that the average player does not like for whatever reason. Funchess falls into the not liked category. Those unliked guys are values in fantasy football once you realize why they aren't talked up by everyone (even though in Funchess case pretty much all the experts are talking him up this offseason and they aren't homers lol) and why these players fall in drafts. Funchess resume includes

1. Only 23 years old entering his third season in the pros

2. Height 6'4

3. Cam Newton is his QB

4. Starting WR in 2 WR sets and playing all starter snaps on his offense

5. Coach speak talking him up as a mistake not to use him more last year he won't make this year

6. High draft capital used - 2nd round pick

These are things that certain players would get fantasy players all hyped up about. But fantasy players are a unforgiving lot. Guys like Funchess who have disappointed people in the past get branded as not good and people don't like to admit that not every player in the NFL succeeds immediately. Michael Crabtree is another guy drafters don't like who's a value. Every year he outscores the widely more popular Amari Cooper yet he's always taken after Cooper. Look for these values where they exist is my advise and don't get so defensive when someone like me says to keep a guy on your watch list.

As for Coleman v Britt. C'mon man, Coleman was a rookie last year who missed almost all of training camp, then got a broken hand. He only played in 10 games for his 413 and 3 TDs. In 8 prior seasons, Britt has only gained more than 775 yards once, last season. Britt has 30 career TDs, but had one year (his second) with nine. That means he averaged 3 TDs per year the other 8 seasons. He has played at least 12 games in all but one of his seasons. You also think the Browns will purposely feed Britt above their first round pick (15) from last year?

I've also gotten to see a good bit of the Browns last two preseason games, and Kizer seems to have a great rapport with Coleman.

First no one but you mentioned anything about Dynasty league values. Second off what's your feeling about the Vikings passing game? The Vikings used a 1st round pick on Laquon Treadwell and a 4th round pick on Stephon Diggs and just paid a nice chunk of money to Adam Theiland. Are you saying the Vikings also apply to your rule as well of "purposely feeding the first round pick" or does that only apply to the Browns? Rules apply to everyone not just who you want them to apply to and that rule is not something to stick to.

It's fine to be high on Corey Coleman but to brush off Kenny Britt is quite frankly wrong to do. The reason I posted the line from fantasypros is this isn't just my reaction to this passing game this is the feeling of the best experts in fantasy football today. 65 of 91 experts prefer Britt like I do over Coleman. Britt is a tremendous value this year. Who else in the double digit rounds are you going to draft with a surefire expectancy of having more then 100 passing targets and who was a top 25 yards receiver last year?

I'd much rather draft Britt who I see producing more and costing less this year while others take Coleman and saving the draft capital while getting the better player. I think your take is just a year too early. Next year give me Coleman. This year Britt outscores him easily.

57 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

10 team standard scoring (non ppr) with qbs getting 5pts per td thrown..

Who's going outside of the top 100 that shouldn't be???

which position?

I like both Coleman and Britt almost equally on redraft maybe with a slight lean toward Coleman lately  both are good late draft acquisitions imo. 

59 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

10 team standard scoring (non ppr) with qbs getting 5pts per td thrown..

Who's going outside of the top 100 that shouldn't be???

10 team? Who does 10 team anymore?

59 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

3 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I like both Coleman and Britt almost equally on redraft maybe with a slight lean toward Coleman lately  both are good late draft acquisitions imo. 

Coleman has a 9th round cost, Britt costs an 11th round pick. The savings of two rounds can't be ignored

17 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Kind of in the mindset to stand pat and see how my roster starts the season, but I'm exploring a mutually beneficial trade with my buddy ... he gets CJ Anderson, Tevin Coleman and Paul Perkins from me. I get Demaryius Thomas and Dalvin Cook from him.

Would leave me with David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Dalvin Cook, Joe Mixon at RB and Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, Demaryius Thomas, DeVante Parker and Rishard Matthews at WR. With a spot open to grab Perine off WW to stash for later possibly ... or just roll with 4 RBs since they all have massive upside. I do feel like I'm giving up some potential here ... but he's absolutely desperate for a RB given that his top 2 are Cook and Smallwood. He's got a lot of WRs (Thomas is his 4th right now). I always think optimistically and I see the potential in all 3 of Anderson/Coleman and Perkins. Thoughts? Every analysis I've done sees it as a big win/win for both parties.

The idea of rolling out Johnson, Gordon, Cook + Thomas, Adams and Robinson is nice ... and having Mixon and Parker on the bench, who I expect to both have huge years, though Mixon may take a few weeks to get the lions share there in Cincy.

CJ Anderson - I have issues with this player. He disappointed last season. His best work came in 15 when they somehow played 8 games in a row in bottom 16 rushing defenses in a row. Now mix in Jamaal Charles who we had all written off before game 3 where he looked eerily familiar to us as the old JC, a rookie sixth round RB who has been impressing since training camp started and you have a mess at RB here

Tevin Coleman - I have issues with this player as well. Outside of the fact that if anything happens to Freeman you having a bonafide RB1 what do you expect from Coleman this year? Do you think that he can repeat the output he had last season or do you think he regresses? Me personally I'm betting on regression.

Paul Perkins - I have no love for this guy. He has looked awful this year because he's the type of RB who needs his offensive line to create holes for him to run through and so far they have not been able to. He is going to lose goal line work most likely as well. I have drafted 20 teams this year and have 0 shares of Paul Perkins

I'm not high on any of these guys. Dalvin Cook is the better RB between all four of them to me in a ppr league (not sure what scoring is in this one), Demaryius Thomas is a bottom WR1 top WR2 in a 12 team league. He always gets you a 1000 yards. Only reason people are off him this year is they don't like the QB in Denver but he produced with him last season and I expect him to do it again this year. With all that being said this is a instant smashing accept for me rather easily. Your losing some RB depth (not much) but your keeping to the cardinal rule, never trade a RB unless your getting a RB back. I'd do that trade easily

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

That would be a great trade for you. Not sure about your friend though is he desperate for RB?

bobandweave ... all valid points. Appreciate your feedback. At the end of the day I went into the draft very high on Mixon and Cook ... so to get Cook would be a coup for me. I still think that between Anderson and Perkins, one will emerge as a Top 12-15 RB, which is just fine for my Flex#2 spot. Coleman is kind of a joker type player but he has huge upside given Freeman's concussion concerns. Otherwise he's just a flyer on the bench/bye week flex option.

Just now, nonniey said:

That would be a great trade for you. Not sure about your friend though is he desperate for RB?

His WRs are Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Demaryius Thomas, Willie Snead, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Hogan and Marvin Jones

His RBs are Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Wendell Smallwood, CJ Prosise

The whole league is a group of friends but he and I had some side-texts going on during the draft and he knew he had screwed the pooch. We both actually felt like we did ... me at WR and him at RB ... so naturally we both thought we could strike a deal to help one another out. I would probably take the deal with Snead in place of Thomas too .. but Fantasy Pros has him improving 2.3% and me improving 3.1% with the deal. Yahoo has him +34 points on the season and me +35 ... so it's a pretty even trade, not because of the players involved, but because of his current RB situation.

Well my trade of Cousins and Ajayi for Bell and Demaryius was approved as expected. I'll be starting Manning with Ryan now in lieu of Cousins and Thomas becomes my #1 WR.  (Superflex PPR)

Not sure if I'm 100% happy but I am at least 80% happy with this trade. Should I be happier than I am?

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

bobandweave ... all valid points. Appreciate your feedback. At the end of the day I went into the draft very high on Mixon and Cook ... so to get Cook would be a coup for me. I still think that between Anderson and Perkins, one will emerge as a Top 12-15 RB, which is just fine for my Flex#2 spot. Coleman is kind of a joker type player but he has huge upside given Freeman's concussion concerns. Otherwise he's just a flyer on the bench/bye week flex option.

His WRs are Mike Evans, Brandin Cooks, Demaryius Thomas, Willie Snead, Emmanuel Sanders, Chris Hogan and Marvin Jones

His RBs are Dalvin Cook, Rex Burkhead, Wendell Smallwood, CJ Prosise

The whole league is a group of friends but he and I had some side-texts going on during the draft and he knew he had screwed the pooch. We both actually felt like we did ... me at WR and him at RB ... so naturally we both thought we could strike a deal to help one another out. I would probably take the deal with Snead in place of Thomas too .. but Fantasy Pros has him improving 2.3% and me improving 3.1% with the deal. Yahoo has him +34 points on the season and me +35 ... so it's a pretty even trade, not because of the players involved, but because of his current RB situation.

Stay away from Snead I believe Ginn will be the man behind M Thomas not Snead.

2 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well my trade of Cousins and Ajayi for Bell and Demaryius was approved as expected. I'll be starting Manning with Ryan now in lieu of Cousins and Thomas becomes my #1 WR.  (Superflex PPR)

Not sure if I'm 100% happy but I am at least 80% happy with this trade. Should I be happier than I am?

Never played in a superflex but yeah, that's a nice haul for you I think. Bell wins leagues. Ajayi, not so much.

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Never played in a superflex but yeah, that's a nice haul for you I think. Bell wins leagues. Ajayi, not so much.

Entirely different Draft strategy in that format.  Smart drafters can make a monster team. The trick is to not necessarily to get the star QBs it is to time the draft where you get a lot of depth at QB while denying competitors their 2d QB (Then you trade with them). Unless they get mad because you did this ( I have a league with 6 Qbs while 3 teams have only 1 - they won't trade  - YET  note this draft was early last week before Ware got hurt  I already offered Hunt/Palmer and another player to each team for one of their 1st round WRs Brown, Jones or Evans  Will have to drop someone for a kicker am leaning toward Hill and keeping Henne figuring Bortles will get benched).

From another of my Super Flexes (Yeah I have a lot of teams)

FYI

Player Pos Team Bye Pick
Cousins, Kirk QB WAS 5 2.12
Prescott, Dak QB DAL 6 4.12
Palmer, Carson QB ARI 8 9.1
Hoyer, Brian QB SFO 11 16.12
Savage, Tom QB HOU 7 17.1
Henne, Chad QB JAX 8 FA
Johnson, David RB ARI 8 1.1
Murray, Demarco RB TEN 8 3.1
Hunt, Kareem RB KCC 10 11.1
Hill, Jeremy RB CIN 6 15.1
Diggs, Stefon WR MIN 9 6.12
Benjamin, Kelvin WR CAR 11 7.1
Garcon, Pierre WR SFO 11 8.12
Wallace, Mike WR BAL 10 10.12
Coleman, Corey WR CLE 9 12.12
Doctson, Josh WR WAS 5 14.12
Kelce, Travis TE KCC 10 5.1
SEA Seahawks

We have a league at work, I got second pick. First guy took Aaron Rodgers! Couldn't believe it. Not a bad haul I must say.

QB - Drew Brees NO

WR - Michael Thomas NO

WR - Tyreek Hill KC

WR - Golden Tate Det

RB - David Johnson Ari

RB - Mark Ingram NO

TE - Greg Olsen Car

RB/WR/TE - Jarvis Landry

K - Matt Prater Det

Def - Seattle

Bench

RB - Tevin Coleman Atl

RB - Joe Mixon Cin

TE - Hunter Henry LAC

QB - Phillip Rivers LAC

WR - Randall Cobb GB

You lucked out getting Johnson.   Heck you also got a steal at 2.11 with Michael Thomas he is going at the bottom of the 1st top of the 2d in most drafts. What happened to your 3rd pick?  Did you trade it?  I don't see anyone on the roster that would go at 3.2.

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Stay away from Snead I believe Ginn will be the man behind M Thomas not Snead.

Now I do know that so far in 2 WR sets that Ginns been on the field and not Snead so far but lets not forget who we are talking about here. Drew Brees is fantasy gold for receivers. I forget how far this goes back I think to like 2007 but every year Brees always has two WR's in the top 36 fantasy players list for the year. And Ginn is not good. Sneads going to get his for sure. I wouldn't suggest staying away from him

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Any. My only money league draft is tonight and am scouting under the radar guys.

Okay so going off of Fantasypros default rankings here are guys listed after pick 100 I think will all beat their ADP and worth late picks

104 Randall Cobb WR41 - Hard to imagine but this guy was a top 30 pick last year. Still has Rodgers, won't be difficult for him to crack top 100
107 Adam Thielen WR43 - He is the Vikings new Slot WR. Great schedule for them to start the year. Plays the Saints week 1
120 Chris Hogan WR48 - He is in the mix to replace Julian Edleman. Surprised he was this low. Definitely worth late round flier
121 Marvin Jones WR49 - Mostly forgotten but last season he was WR5 overall through first 5 weeks before he got hurt. Is healthy again
133 Rex Burkhead RB133 - Most people shy away from Pats RBs but Burkhead looked great in preseason and is very talented
141 Robby Anderson WR54 - Most everyone hates Jet players this year. Thing is where else are you getting a teams WR1 this late? Look below and I will tell you
148 Cameron Brate TE17 - The TE that is completely forgotten about this year. He tied with Henry with most TDs at position for rookies last year.
164 DeAndre Washington RB55 - Call it a hunch but Marshawn Lynch is not guaranteed to be a bellcow this year. Will split time with him
176 Cooper Kupp WR65 - Suspect this rookie leads the Rams in targets this year
179 Dion Lewis RB60 - Forgotten and written off when he's playing and healthy really is good for the Patriots
180 Marlon Mack RB61 - Gore is 34 years old, Mack is the heir apparent. Think before season ends he's taken over this job
194 Kendall Wright WR71 - The Bears new WR1 with Meredith out. I know people say "Kevin White"....Kevin White sucks. Wrights looked better this preseason
207 Nelson Agholor WR74 - Taken the place of Jordan Matthews as the Slot WR. People forget he was a 1st round pick two years ago. Overlooked
212 Austin Seferian-Jenkins TE26 - He's suspended the first two games but supposed to have his head on straight now. He could be there best offensive weapon this year

Archived