Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Tournament Bracket

SkinsGuy

2 hours ago, Elessar78 said:

Asbury, no unmitigated meltdowns this year if U.K. Should lose, okay? 

Hey, we're happy this year!

I thought we'd lose last night so everything is bonus from here.

That said, I totally reserve the right to be absolutely pissy if we lose to bad officiating like last time.

One thing I love about being a UK fan, we're usually still posting in this thread long after everyone else has been drummed out of the tourney!!

What really struck me from South Carolina today was what boss Frank Martin said before the game, something that echoed the family atmosphere of Buzz Williams. These are impressionable young men. And a coach isn't there just to teach them basketball. They're there to help mold these boys, into men. And that made me happy as I was driving home today listening to pre-game coverage of the match on the radio.
Buzz Williams said to all of his seniors, addressed them one by one in a huddle, he said he would be there for the rest of their life if they needed his help. In a similar note, Frank Martin stated that he would always have these two hour talks every week where they can talk anything but basketball. So these young men were able to explore and discuss political issues as well as issues hitting young men today in an open forum. It always struck me how great that was, when someone like Martin could do this to help others, or Harbaugh and his "open door policy" where any athlete could come in and voice a concern or get advice.
These guys are coaches first and foremost. But there is that notion that you just do not see in the professional game and that is that they are also mentors to young men too and in some cases a father figure, as seen with the late Dean Smith.

...gave it away... ?

#BBN4Lyfe

26 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

It's time for redemption.  After getting ****ed in the 1st half of last years championship game.  KY is only good for jelly.  Adios One & Done U.....****es.

Someone needs to lay off the methamphetamine, I hear they're raiding trailer parks a lot lately.

21 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

...gave it away... ?

#BBN4Lyfe

Someone needs to lay off the methamphetamine, I hear they're raiding trailer parks a lot lately.

Wow, you really don't like me do ya?  You can't take some friendly **** talk  about your team?  

They didn't give **** away, they just simply were not good enough.  Their best effort was a failure.  It was not good enough to beat a superior team.  

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Wow, you really don't like me do ya?  You can't take some friendly **** talk  about your team?  

They didn't give **** away, they just simply were no t good enough.  Their best effort was a failure.  It was not good enough to beat a superior team.  

You were the one cussing and insulting. The only thing worse than a sore loser (which I tend to be) is a salty winner who instead of celebrating insults the team that just lost.

BTW, watch how many UNC players bolt to the NBA this year...so you can stow the one-and-done BS. Every team has them, we're just better with them.

1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

You were the one cussing and insulting. The only thing worse than a sore loser (which I tend to be) is a salty winner who instead of celebrating insults the team that just lost.

BTW, watch how many UNC players bolt to the NBA this year...so you can stow the one-and-done BS. Every team has them, we're just better with them.

Cursing?  Yeah, I have the mouth of a sailor, I'm not going to apologize for that.  And you say I'm a salty winner, not really, but your post before was arrogant and it dismissed UNC and another post was bragging about how deep your team gets into the tourny, etc.  

Only thing worse than a salty winner is the braggart of a team that feels like they should win it every year.  And I LOL at the last comment.  Our team is full of juniors and seniors, so of course some will bolt to the NBA after this season.    

Our five starters:  Meeks (Sr), Hicks (Sr), Pinson (Jr), Jackson (Jr), Berry (Jr).  Britt is a senior too.  Your team starts three freshmen, one sophmore and one senior.  Your college success is the epitome of One and Done.  And it didn't work this time, you got beat by a better team.

And you accuse me of being insulting.........I responded to another person's post calling your team ****es (cause they are along with your coach- again just smack talk :) ).  You felt the need to quote me, I didn't address that post towards you.  Also, you are a hypocrite, considering you basically called me a meth head that lived in a trailer park.  I've never had anything against you, not sure why you are being a jerk towards me.

Archived