Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM #REDSKINS PRESIDENT BRUCE ALLEN

TK

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

I do not agree with this at all. That's too easy to just blame Snyder and Allen. Scot has a great talent. He is very good at evaluating talent. The team needs that skill set. They gave him a chance. He and the team failed each other. With alcoholics, they just start drinking a bunch all at once. It's gradual. ALso, those power struggles could have more to do with Scot being more drunk than not. It's hard to take someone serious.

Again, people are totally missing the part that Scot walked away. He left the team and decided not to go to the combine. I am in no way saying the team is blameless. I am just not sure why they can't seem to handle these things more gracefully.

Just because they knew it was a risk does not mean it was a mistake. They tried. It did not work out so you move on. In the end, they had no choice to be separate. But they tried. That/s not ineptitude. That's trying but it not working out. There is a huge difference.

in and of itself it may not be, but taken as a cumulative total it is indeed ineptitude. when everything you do you do poorly you are inept. 

I love what Scot could have, should have been but it was not to be so the hiring was done poorly. the situation at the end was handled badly by everyone involved. just like Scot"S history should have been a red flag so should Snyder and Allens history of making poor decisions and handling situations. 

4 hours ago, onedrop said:

Yes, it is the responsibility of the person doing the hiring for the people they deem to be in control. Let's say Scot blew it, so now he's gone, as he should be. Either way Snyder and Allen failed US, AGAIN. By botching an otherwise positive movement or by hiring an addict because no one else of quality can be lured here due to their historical incompetence.

It's not a competition over who among THEM is right or wrong it's about US constantly being screwed....by the same two dumbasses. the truth of what happened is probably somewhere in the middle of what we hear. As to intra organizational arguments I have no clue what you are talking about as I never even thought about or mentioned that at all. Unfortunately you'll have to have that particular debate with yourself. Maybe you can win that one.

We were all onboard with the hiring of Scot. Don't act like we weren't. Yes, the FO knew what they were dealing with. And Scot admitted that he WAS still having issues. Now, stop acting like you had no idea. You did! We all did! This board was skipping, jumping, and shaking their hind parts when Scot was hired. He got a chance and ****ed it up. It's starts with him.

FO handle it wrong? They could have really trashed Scot. They didn't 

You didn't hear anything from the FO about what was really happening.  We heard Cooley speculating about drinking again, had anonymous sources, etc., however, the ONLY thing the FO kept referring to was personal issues and family matters.  

They handled it properly, had it not been for anonymous sources we would be praising them for how they handled it.

15 minutes ago, maskedsuperstar said:

We were all onboard with the hiring of Scot. Don't act like we weren't. Yes, the FO knew what they were dealing with. And Scot admitted that he WAS still having issues. Now, stop acting like you had no idea. You did! We all did! This board was skipping, jumping, and shaking their hind parts when Scot was hired. He got a chance and ****ed it up. It's starts with him.

FO handle it wrong? They could have really trashed Scot. They didn't 

i genuinely have no idea what you are arguing or how i am "acting". What does what you, i, or anyone else think or thought have to do with anything? WE DIDNT HIRE THE GUY. nor did we have any say in said hiring. the people responsible hired a guy that either......

1) should not have been hired in the first place 

2) got Fd over by the team for having a different vision than Dan and Bruce

On 3/9/2017 at 8:11 PM, Gamebreaker said:

I am completely numb to this football team right now. I honestly couldn't care less if we went 0-16 next season. This team is a trainwreck and I will no longer allow them to bring me down. Snyder and Allen honestly don't deserve us as fans. 

why dont u just mjump ship/ we dont need fans like you

On 3/10/2017 at 8:57 AM, onedrop said:

If we are making the mistake of giving Scot the benefit of the doubt AFTER the fact then the two dumbasses in question are guilty of such hiring the man in the first place. Even if the worst being suggested about him is true scot failed US once. The whole debacle is just another in a very long list of ineptitude for Snyder and Allen. 

what an assinine statement. peopel hire and fdite people all time maybe at time hireing wasnt a mistake it takes time to see true colors of some people

15 minutes ago, konga2145 said:

why dont u just mjump ship/ we dont need fans like you

there's one way to get a brief timeout

longtime loyal redskins venting on this team in this forum in extreme manner during times like this are not considered traitorous or stupid by default, oddly enough, though those are optional accessories and one can go too far if they work at it

Football aside, if someone is struggling with an addiction, the right thing to do is extend your hand out to help in any way you can.

Addictions are powerful, trust me, I know first hand. Whether or not Scot was drinking isn't so much the issue, but the way it was handled, and as other said, we may never hear the real story.

We as fans have pretty much one outlook on this; it affected our team in a negative way, but so has many other issues, and we've all gotten through and over it. Some, like myself, don't care much for Bruce Allen, and others stand by him; its our choice, but bottom line is we want the Redskins to be winners. All we can do now is simply wait and see what happens, and hopefully other aspects of this team will work in our favor, and we can all move on.

But as I said atop, help those who need it when battling an addiction; ignoring a problem will not make it go away. I sincerely hope and pray that if Scot has an addiction, he will be able to overcome it and be a better person. Its what makes the world go 'round.

SIC

Archived