Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSN: Former Redskin OT Joe Jacoby Misses Out On Hall of Fame Again

SkinsGuy

Wonder if we will ever see any of the other Hogs get into the Hall of Fame. :( 

I brought this over from BRBN:

There is only one Hog in the Pro Football Hall of Fame and it will remain that way for at least another year.

Joe Jacoby, who owns three Super Bowl rings from the glory days of the Redskins in the 1980’s and early 1990, was a finalist for enshrinement in the Hall but according to a report he did not get enough votes to get in. A panel of 46 media members debated and voted today in San Francisco. Jacoby needed 80 percent of the vote to get in.

CSN's Chick Hernandez reported that Jacoby has missed out, citing sources in Jacoby's camp.

Click link for full article.

http://www.csnmidatlantic.com/washington-redskins/former-redskins-ot-joe-jacoby-misses-out-hall-fame-again

1 minute ago, Riggo#44 said:

Just about every Redskin has had to wait an abnormal amount of time. Jason Tayor getting in on the 1st ballot is complete horse****.

I know.

Jason Taylor was good, but FIRST-BALLOT?!? That's crap.

He gets in first ballot. Meanwhile, Jacoby has been waiting nearly 20 years, and still can't get in. :taz:

Hard to rationalize Jacoby not making it as this appears to be his best shot since after next year he has to rely on the Veteran's Committee to maybe vote him in a la Chris Hanburger.

4 Super Bowl trips, 3 Super Bowl wins, anchor of one of most famous offensive lines in NFL history.  Played in NFC East which was the haven of all time great pass rushers during Jacoby's tenure.  Member of 80's All Decade team which is voted on by the same guys who vote for the HOF.

Not sure what else Jacoby could have done. 

Pathetic...

5 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Morten ****ing Anderson got in.

So did Jerry ****ing Jones.

They have to find a way to put a Cowboy in every year.

The interesting thing is, I think 3 other OL were up for Hall consideration besides Jacoby, and none of them got in.

What possible reason do you have to keep him out? HE was a great Hog. I'm so tired of him being left out. 

I saw him during the Packers Redskins game. He personally came to the ES tailgate that day in his little golf cart. And we all gathered for a picture with him. I'll never forget how huge he was compared to a scrawny little man like me. I'll never forget how nice he was. It makes me very mad that he isn't in the HoF because there is NO DOUBT in my mind he was one of the best linemen in NFL history. 

I mean we are inducting Jerry Jones instead of him. Jerry! What has Jerry done? 

7 minutes ago, jadams5214 said:

Not sure what else Jacoby could have done. 

It really has nothing to do with what Jacoby has done or hasn't done.

There are just folks in in this process with axes they are grinding, agendas they are pushing, childish vindictiveness they are using.

Hopefully, the fact that no OL got voted in is a good sign that there is a contingent of voters that won't vote any other OL in until Jacoby gets in.

That is much the same way, I believe, that Art Monk finally got in.

What a load of horse crap...

1) Terrell Davis is not a HOF'er...he only had 4 great years and did it in a system where guys like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson excelled.

2) Morten Andersen gets in before Jacoby?    F-Off

3) Jerry Jones?   Jimmy Johnson won those SB's

4) Jason Taylor on the 1st ballot?   yea, right

I agree with Monk. They always disrespect them and make it longer than it has to be. Monk had to wait a damn long time but he finally got in. Hopefully Jacoby will get in soon. There's no doubt that he is a Hall Of Fame lineman. What more could you ask for? 

What bothers me is the inconsistency. There are some members you could argue were slam dunks. Warner is a slam dunk. LT...meh. Davis...okay. But Jones? Andersen? And you're going to put them in over someone who did deserve it? Someone like T.O? Or Jacoby? 

6 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I agree with Monk. They always disrespect them and make it longer than it has to be. Monk had to wait a damn long time but he finally got in. Hopefully Jacoby will get in soon. There's no doubt that he is a Hall Of Fame lineman. What more could you ask for?

The thing is, Monk had to wait a long time, but it was still 7 years.

For Jacoby, next year will be his 20th year of waiting.

4 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

The thing is, Monk had to wait a long time, but it was still 7 years.

For Jacoby, next year will be his 20th year of waiting.

It makes me so mad because we all saw him at the ES tailgate when he came to us and everyone started chanting "Let him in" or something...it is so ridiculous how he continues to be left out that long. Really boils my blood. 

22 minutes ago, SkinsGuy said:

It really has nothing to do with what Jacoby has done or hasn't done.

There are just folks in in this process with axes they are grinding, agendas they are pushing, childish vindictiveness they are using.

Hopefully, the fact that no OL got voted in is a good sign that there is a contingent of voters that won't vote any other OL in until Jacoby gets in.

That is much the same way, I believe, that Art Monk finally got in.

Monk should have gotten in before Michael Irvin. Why do our legends have to wait?

1 minute ago, DM72 said:

Monk should have gotten in before Michael Irvin. Why do our legends have to wait?

Jacoby should've gotten in before Orlando Pace did last year.

Pace didn't even start his career until AFTER Jacoby retired.

Yet, he is in and Jacoby is still waiting. :taz:

Well looks like Jacoby has zero chance to make the HOF through the traditional process as he wasn't even in the top 10 on the ballot!

Tony Boselli and Kevin Mawae are already somehow ahead of Jacoby in their first years of eligibility and since all 3 will be on the ballot next year that leaves Jacoby on the outside looking in.

Archived