Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Washington Nationals: Wash, Rinse, Repeat

@DCGoldPants

From BA chat last week:

"Klobosits is a guy to watch out for. He really impressed Nationals people with a 1.47 ERA in 30.2 innings during his pro debut and has some excellent plane out of a 6-7 frame. He's risky for sure, but he has some exciting upside with a fastball that's been up to 95-96 and some talk of an above-average slider as well. To top it off he has a pretty good track record of throwing strikes in college and did that during his first pro look as well. Very interesting arm."

my nickname for him: The Klobo Gym

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

From BA chat last week:

"Klobosits is a guy to watch out for. He really impressed Nationals people with a 1.47 ERA in 30.2 innings during his pro debut and has some excellent plane out of a 6-7 frame. He's risky for sure, but he has some exciting upside with a fastball that's been up to 95-96 and some talk of an above-average slider as well. To top it off he has a pretty good track record of throwing strikes in college and did that during his first pro look as well. Very interesting arm."

my nickname for him: The Klobo Gym

Maybe Gabe will come out of the Klobosit in 2018.

[I'll show myself out.]

Jed Hoyer on Davey Martinez from yesterday's article in the Post about Maddox/Lillequest switching teams (link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/nationals-journal/wp/2017/11/14/how-the-nationals-and-cardinals-accidentally-traded-pitching-coaches/?utm_term=.0834e68c7fd9)

Martinez’s former general manager, Jed Hoyer, praised the new Nationals manager Monday. He called him a “big personality” and an “optimistic person,” the kind of presence that will be the same person for his players every single day — “a person who will be in a great mood and excited.”

“I think a lot of what people think of the Cubs and that team personality was Davey constantly talking about ‘we never quit,’ constantly pushing those boundaries. In his own way, I think he’s pretty creative in how he thinks about the game,” said Hoyer, who said a lot of the Cubs’ willingness to rest players early in the season — and corresponding ability to play well later — was Martinez’s idea. The Cubs were 57 games over .500 in August and September over the last three seasons.

“We had a team in ’16 that was expected to win the World Series and had big personalities, and I think that’s going to be the 2018 Nationals,” Hoyer said. “I think he’s been there. I think that’s part of the advantage. He just went through that and I think that will be a big part of what he can bring.”

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

First player in a Nationals hat in Cooperstown. 

Hmm, when his career ends maybe but as of now he's spent more time in Detroit than Washington. But he's got two Cy Youngs here to just one in Detroit. Hope he can get a WS ring here before it all over...

3 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

thats future hall of famer max scherzer now

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

First player in a Nationals hat in Cooperstown. 

I went to his return start against the Marlins back in August. He went 7 innings and was completely dominant.

It hit me at that moment that I was watching one of the greatest pitchers ever and he was a HOFer.

Archived