Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2017 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Dukes and Skins

9 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I never broke a girl's face and then ran away in my 20s.  He's a coward and I have no sympathy for him or interest in seeing him on my team.

I don't know, maybe you're just fine with what he did or don't care because he runs fast.

yeah thats it, I don't care. Already said I'm not a huge Joe Mixon fan, just find it ridiculous you or anyone else who doesn't know him personally can say things like you do with such conviction.

4 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

yeah thats it, I don't care. Already said I'm not a huge Joe Mixon fan, just find it ridiculous you or anyone else who doesn't know him personally can say things like you do with such conviction.

I can't speak for him, but reading him I feel safe enough to judge on his character to say forgive steve for being a decent enough male to know the inherent difference between what's right and wrong. 

And not make any lame excuses when a fellow man crosses that line. 

Hail. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

You raise your fists to a female that's not a 'mistake.' Let's stop making B/S excuses for what he did. 

Now, if you want to say, outside of a parking violation, he's been squeaky clean the last three years that's another thing again. 

But let's not condone what he did. He wallops her (didn't 'exactly hit her' indeed) that hard he left her with several broken bones in her face/ nose. There's NO excuse for that. No 'self-defence.' No 'provocation.' No 'immature mistake.' NONE. This is a 225 LB FAR stronger male punching a female. 

You can continue to try all you want but NOTHING you can spin will excuse or condone that. 

Hail. 

You nor anyone else are Chief Judge of the Court of Public Opinion so its a joke to speak so matter of factly when speaking about something that is purely your moral beliefs on a situation. 

And again, im not saying I support him or believe what he did is OK. People are capable of bettering themselves and can't do so without a second chance. If he proves that he didn't learn from it and is just a big A-hole, then sure these harsh words about him would be more justified. 

I think our societies vilification of others, and ability to do so quickly is more inexcusable. People have had their lives and reputations ruined forever (ie: Duke rape scandal, UVA rolling stone article) Because of our social media, over-sensitive America. All I'm saying is no two people or incidents are the same, and people deserve second chances. 

Some people are rotten to the core. Some people **** up, but learn from their past transgressions, and become better people as a result. If Mixon is in that second group, I have no problem with him being on this team.

Just now, DC Lumber Co. said:

FWIW, Ray Rice would have received a second chance had his play already not declined. Adrian Peterson is about to sign with another team, and Junior Gallette got the benefit of the doubt as well.

The Cowboys signed Hardy, even when it was clear he was insane and didn't give a damn.

3 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

You nor anyone else are Chief Judge of the Court of Public Opinion so its a joke to speak so matter of factly when speaking about something that is purely your moral beliefs on a situation. 

I wasn't talking about whether he deserved a second chance or not. I was talking about what he did.

But regardless. If you honestly believe the quoted then I really don't know what to say to you. 

Hail. 

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Hypothetical, but if we get the 2nd pick, would anyone be against trading down and drafting Fournette a few spots later?

I am all for trading down if we acquire the No. 2 pick, however I'd rather spend the multiple 1st rounders on filling all the holes we have on defense. Any combination of a DL/ILB/S.

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

I am all for trading down if we acquire the No. 2 pick, however I'd rather spend the multiple 1st rounders on filling all the holes we have on defense. Any combination of a DL/ILB/S.

At this point our offense would need help too though. Without a solid option at QB we'd have to be a solid defensive team that relies on running the ball. 

1 hour ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

And I find it ridiculous you can defend his heinous and cowardly act by explaining it away as some sort of typical mistake of youth.

Sports fans are such whores.  They'll overlook anything if a guy runs fast.

25 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

And I find it ridiculous you can defend his heinous and cowardly act by explaining it away as some sort of typical mistake of youth.

Sports fans are such whores.  They'll overlook anything if a guy runs fast.

Wow man, now not only have you put Mixon in a box, you're calling me and any fans who don't completely write him off as whores?

Repeating myself for a third time, I'm not a huge Mixon guy, defending what he did, or saying it was right. Of course it wasn't right.

Let me rephrase my stance on the matter. Instead of framing it as a "mistake of youth" since that seems to chap your ass, if he shows true remorse and knows what he did was wrong, why would he not be worth a second chance? 

An abusive husband with a documented history and REPEATED pattern of domestic abuse would warrant this kind of vitriol. Your elitist mentality, albeit not as bad as someone hitting a woman, is pretty disgusting in its own right. 

I'm sure if your own son acted out of rage under the influence of alcohol and hit someone, you'd disown him completely, right? Agree that he shouldn't strive to better himself and be relegated to bagging groceries for the rest of his life?

46 minutes ago, DC Lumber Co. said:

Wow man, now not only have you put Mixon in a box, you're calling me and any fans who don't completely write him off as whores?

Repeating myself for a third time, I'm not a huge Mixon guy, defending what he did, or saying it was right. Of course it wasn't right.

Let me rephrase my stance on the matter. Instead of framing it as a "mistake of youth" since that seems to chap your ass, if he shows true remorse and knows what he did was wrong, why would he not be worth a second chance? 

An abusive husband with a documented history and REPEATED pattern of domestic abuse would warrant this kind of vitriol. Your elitist mentality, albeit not as bad as someone hitting a woman, is pretty disgusting in its own right. 

I'm sure if your own son acted out of rage under the influence of alcohol and hit someone, you'd disown him completely, right? Agree that he shouldn't strive to better himself and be relegated to bagging groceries for the rest of his life?

I agree. The two are not the same. They are worlds apart

45 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Very good point. I'd like to see if these guys would flat out disown their sons if they let anger get the best of them ONE time.

I'd be too busy beating myself up wondering where I'd gone wrong as a parent? Because that would be the very LAST thing I'd of brought him up to do. 

I couldn't imagine facing my mother or father after doing the same. Not for their reaction as much as my shame at having lost control. 

There's something's you just DON'T do. Physical violence toward the weaker sex would be one of those things. 

Argue that he deserves a second chance. Argue that since the incident, save for a parking ticket, he's been the preverbal choir boy the past three years in Norman. That's all fair. As much as someone else may not agree. 

But when you try excuse and condone the act you're little better than the one who committed the crime you're defending. 

Hail. 

33 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

But when you try excuse and condone the act you're little better than the one who committed the crime you're defending. 

Hail. 

Who's trying to excuse it? Some of us just don't think one mistake should end this young man's career. I'm not going to lump Mixon in with the man who beats the living crap out of his wife for being late with dinner or the guy that gets drunk and slaps his girlfriend around. 

What do you want to see? Mixon not have a job and then becomes a criminal and then becomes a statistic? Plus, he has went through the legal system. 

6 minutes ago, DM72 said:

Who's trying to excuse it? Some of us just don't think one mistake should end this young man's career. I'm not going to lump Mixon in with the man who beats the living crap out of his wife for being late with dinner or the guy that gets drunk and slaps his girlfriend around. 

What do you want to see? Mixon not have a job and then becomes a criminal and then becomes a statistic? Plus, he has went through the legal system. 

By the mere nature of you repeatedly claiming it's a 'mistake' you're excusing it. 

How is that so lost on you?

Hail. 

8 minutes ago, Gibbs Hog Heaven said:

By the mere nature of you repeatedly claiming it's a 'mistake' you're excusing it. 

Hail. 

Just because I'm calling it a mistake, that doesn't mean it's being excused. 

Archived