Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UK celebrity presenter Jeremy Clarkson sacked from Top Gear

ixcuincle

He was warned multiple times that he was crossing the line. Bbc finally had enough of his antics. But the show is done now. Hammond and may won't do the show without him.

I figure they're off to netflix.

First off - Clarkson is 100% a total jackass with questionable views on race (although I have always thought it was supposed to be a dark humor angle of his).

That said - the viewers eat it up. I can't see how Top Gear survives long term with Clarkson's exit.

they're not going on without the three presenters. the show might be done

I figured this was coming, and it was probably the right move, given his other recent issues. But this likely means the death of Top Gear, which I have enjoyed watching for years. So from a completely selfish perspective, this sucks. :)

Hammond and May's contracts are up this year too, so I figure the show will continue, but with a completely different cast. But it won't be the same...kind of like watching the U.S. version. Who knows, those three may team up elsewhere, but it will be a little more difficult to watch in the states. It probably won't take long for Clarkson to end up elsewhere, but hopefully he has learned something from this situation. There are a lot of things I love about him, but a few things I shake my head at.  

Seems fair, you hit someone you get fired.

In almost every case is agree. In this case Id have forgiven anyone that smacked Clarkson after witnessing what he did.

He ripped into a producer for, according to reports, almost half and hour and then smacked him over not getting what he wanted to eat. I liked the show, but that kind of nonsense is intolerable.

In almost every case is agree. In this case Id have forgiven anyone that smacked Clarkson after witnessing what he did.

He ripped into a producer for, according to reports, almost half and hour and then smacked him over not getting what he wanted to eat. I liked the show, but that kind of nonsense is intolerable.

Yeah, I heard it was about the hotel they were staying at no longer serving hot food after a shoot when he wanted a steak. I don't think that is worth having an altercation over. 

Apparently, Clarkson has been in discussions with Netflix, so maybe he, May and Hammond will actually be a little easier to watch in the U.S. with less of a filter. 

Yeah Top Gear is done. May and Hammond wont do it without him either. BBC just lost a cash cow, though its understandable. Pretty surprising they stuck to their guns knowing they would lose so much money. That includes owing money to stations in other countries who have purchased to rights to show Top Gear and havent gotten their full investment yet.

I think the Vietnam Special was my all-time favorite, though the Bostwana Special was the one which really made me fall in love with what that show was capable of. Definitely basked in the depth of the specials much more so. Though I probably rekindled every single childhood wish for a fleet of Lambos and Ferraris just from the mad opulence of the one-off programs. 

I probably laughed the hardest of all-time during the Cornwall mini-special as May uncontrollably belly laughed at Clarkson's 3-story mobile campervan lurching in the wind. 

I know it provided a common ground for my Dad and I, was chock full of laughs for us both, which now is even more melancholy to think about since his passing.

So this end feels pretty morose. 

Mixed feelings about the show. Some of their episodes, such as segment on the Robin Reliant, had me in tears of laughter. But many were too contrived, the banter was too predictable and not funny, and I gave up on them.

And Clarkson is a giant douchebag and not funny in his douche-baggery.

Hated that show ever since they trashed the Prius and Tesla.  I have a friend who takes every one of their shows as gospel.  They drove a Prius around a race track at 80 miles per hour which was trailed by one of Clarkson's favorite supercars (forget the make/model) which actually got slightlyt better MPG (they both got ~20 mpg)   (No ****, why don't you try to typical driving conditions)   My friend (who drives a BMW), takes that as the lesson being in terms of MPG "It doesn't matter what you drive, its how you drive", which is definteily not true.   Clarkson struck me as d-bag who liked getting off on being a contrarian

The show ran it's course anyways. They were doing the same routines over and over. His firing is justified. 

The only one of them I can watch on their own is James May. He has a couple of interesting shows not related to TG that I've enjoyed. It's not TG, but TG hasn't been TG in a while, they really jumped the shark on the India special, that was atrocious and unfunny.

Netflix has been pushing that show at me for years.... but what is it?  

a car show?   it sounds about as exciting as Telletubbies.... ?

(but execution is everything)

Love it or hate it, here are some of their finer moments:

They also had a series where they were trying to destroy a Toyota pick up truck.

Archived