Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kirk Cousins and RGIII: The Realization

Sticksboi05

I'm tired of the BS from Redskins fans.  You all talk about 2012 like RG3 was walking on water that year.  The fact is, he started the entire year, and as good as he was down the stretch, he still lost 6 of his first 9.  Cousins just went into a game we weren't supposed to win and played his heart out.  What is not to like about this kid?  The hate on him is so ridiculous that it makes me sick.  This fan base has become total garbage.  If you want 10 points a game, go ahead and wait for Griffin to "develop" (is that what three first round picks requires?).  Me, I'll be watching Cousins make us a contender this year.

Don’t worry.  Its just the RG lovers realizing their buddy is no longer the starter.  They’ll get over it.  

The only realazarion I saw out there was a QB who hasn't played with the first team all year, play a pretty damn good game. 34 points on the road ( should have been 37) should be good enough. Kirk Cousins w/out question can play at a very high level.

Yet, the RG3 faithful continue to question his ceiling after 5 starts,  Meanwhile, Robert can put up 6 points but he is still "learning."  Total hypocrisy bordering on something more than that. And that's the truth.  Go ahead and ban me for saying it.

Everyone should be standing behind Cousins right now. He's our QB. When/if Griffin returns we can argue that. Until then, Cousins is our man and so far he's given us no reason not to support him.

In other words, shelve the QB controversy talk and stand unified with your team.

Everyone should be standing behind Cousins right now. He's our QB. When/if Griffin returns we can argue that. Until then, Cousins is our man and so far he's given us no reason not to support him.

In other words, shelve the QB controversy talk and stand unified with your team.

Damnit, thank you Burgold! I wish people would stop this crap, it diminishes this forum dramatically.

Your entire statement is full of ignorance.  RG3 proved nothing except that he can't stay healthy.

Cousins is our QB.  Get over it.[/quotes

Does it empower you to insult a fellow fan? Why the anger? This is a GAME that most of us enjoy for entertainment. How can you get enjoyment out of attacking someone who follows the same team as you?

I'm tired of the BS from Redskins fans.  You all talk about 2012 like RG3 was walking on water that year.  The fact is, he started the entire year, and as good as he was down the stretch, he still lost 6 of his first 9.  Cousins just went into a game we weren't supposed to win and played his heart out.  What is not to like about this kid?  The hate on him is so ridiculous that it makes me sick.  This fan base has become total garbage.  If you want 10 points a game, go ahead and wait for Griffin to "develop" (is that what three first round picks requires?).  Me, I'll be watching Cousins make us a contender this year.

Your entire statement is full of ignorance.  RG3 proved nothing except that he can't stay healthy.

Cousins is our QB.  Get over it.

Don’t worry.  Its just the RG lovers realizing their buddy is no longer the starter.  They’ll get over it.

I think it's hilarious that guys get bashed for being "RGIII lovers" but you guys get a pass for just relentlessly trashing the kid. You're all adults wishing the downfall of a kid who plays for the team you root for and you find nothing wrong with this? Why can't you just root for both to be good QBs? Why does RGIII need to be made out to be hitler? It's ****ing pathetic.

Does it empower you to insult a fellow fan? Why the anger? This is a GAME that most of us enjoy for entertainment. How can you get enjoyment out of attacking someone who follows the same team as you?

Get over RG.  There is a new QB taking the reigns.  Anyone not happy with what they have seen with our offense in the last 2 weeks is delusional.  I love RG but he no longer gives us any where near the chance of winning like Kirk does.  

The Special Teams Ace,

It is frustrating for everyone because half the fan base sees something different that the other half of the fan base.  The fact is, we all want to win, but we can't agree on what gives us the best chance to do that in the present, and in the future.

Clearly, this is a frustrating situation for all fans.

I think it's hilarious that guys get bashed for being "RGIII lovers" but you guys get a pass for just relentlessly trashing the kid. You're all adults wishing the downfall of a kid who plays for the team you root for and you find nothing wrong with this? Why can't you just root for both to be good QBs? Why does RGIII need to be made out to be hitler? It's ****ing pathetic.

I don’t trash him, I just know what he isn't.  I’m sick of rg lovers saying give him time, its the offense line, Its the coach, its the play calling, …. and on and on.  You have seen what Kirk can do in this offense so get over it.  

I would even take this a step further. We should all be 100% behind Cousins right now, and any time he takes a snap for the Redskins. Same should go for Griffin. I hope we can be above preferring to be correct at the expense of the team we all love.

Our opinion carries no weight on who will be the starter once Griffin is healthy. It only benefits us if they both play well, so why not just root for that.

It's been decades since I could just settle in and expect solid play from my Redskins for any extended period of time. There have been stretches during which I've been oddly confident (late in 2005, 2007, and 2012 for example) but never anything sustained. I don't care who leads my Redskins during their next successful stretch. I just want it to begin happening ASAP and last for a while.

I'm a fan of the team over any single player, coach, GM, or owner...

Get over RG.  There is a new QB taking the reigns.  Anyone not happy with what they have seen with our offense in the last 2 weeks is delusional.  I love RG but he no longer gives us any where near the chance of winning like Kirk does.

Please stop. Your posts have never given any indication that you even like Griffin, let alone love him. I hope Kirk plays great and if he wins the job than so be it however I won't trash Griffin along the way.

I don’t trash him, I just know what he isn't.  I’m sick of rg lovers saying give him time, its the offense line, Its the coach, its the play calling, …. and on and on.  You have seen what Kirk can do in this offense so get over it.

Are you 12 years old? Stop telling people to "get over it". ****s getting old dude.

But in fairness, neither of them have done what Peyton Manning did with 40 second left and no TOs against the World Champions!

Tie the game up at the last second after blowing a chance 5 minutes earlier with an absolutely stupid red zone INT,  and then going on to lose in OT?

I'm fine if they haven't knocked that one off their list yet.

You are poison.

According to you, you love Griffin. Doesn't that make you an "rg lover"?

No. Because when you say "listen, I love Griffin, but..." you're ****ing lying. Just be honest.

Putting up that many points against a decent opponent in their stadium -- that has to be one positive to take from this game.

We can squabble over Cousins vs. Griffin, but from the small sample of games it seem that if the Skins defense starts tightening down and stopping opponents, that will result in more "W"s.

The Skins defense needs to be able to cover for the occasional mistakes and turnovers the offense is bound to make. That will allow the offense to keep trying to be explosive; there are a lot of playmakers on offense.

...And as for special teams? They simply need to play at the "middle of the pack" level, and not cost so many points.

I am a bit surprised that this defense didn't register at least ONE sack vs Foles today considering all the advantages the Redskins pass rush had all day (3rd string RT vs Kerrigan, OLT Peters getting tossed...Im looking at you, Orakpo)

Saying that a statement is full of ignorance isn't in ANY WAY insulting someone.  Are you serious?  lol

Andrew Luck last week vs the eagles at home 20 of 34 for 172 yards 3 TDs 1 int QBR 64.1

Kirk Cousins on the road vs the eagles 30 of 48 for 427 yards 3 TDs 1 int QBR 78.5

Just a comparison Luck is considered by football experts to be the future face of the NFL Cousins outplayed him. There is no way anyone who has watched RG3 play can tell me he would have duplicated what Cousins did today.

Andrew Luck last week vs the eagles at home 20 of 34 for 172 yards 3 TDs 1 int QBR 64.1

Kirk Cousins on the road vs the eagles 30 of 48 for 427 yards 3 TDs 1 int QBR 78.5

Just a comparison Luck is considered by football experts to be the future face of the NFL Cousins outplayed him. There is no way anyone who has watched RG3 play can tell me he would have duplicated what Cousins did today.

The NFLs obsession with Andrew Luck is weird. There are plenty of QBs better than him.

Please stop. Your posts have never given any indication that you even like Griffin, let alone love him. I hope Kirk plays great and if he wins the job than so be it however I won't trash Griffin along the way.

Are you 12 years old? Stop telling people to "get over it". ****s getting old dude.

Can't like it but I was going to say preach it.

Of all the posters, I have consistently not said Cousins is lame or has some low ceiling and that I want to win.  What Ghosti (again desecrating the name) has been is an absolutely repugnant and trollish internet presence.  He offers absolutely nothing of value.  I respect ncr2h to a degree, because I see substance there.  

Archived