Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

12 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

God I hate dads like that. If I was his son I would straight up tell him to STFU.

Eventually, he will.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Is it just me or does that dude remind anyone of Suge Knight?

If you're talking resemblance, I don't see it.

Dirks recent 30,000 point achievement and this years mvp race reminded me that he won a title as the lone star on his team.  Dallas swept the defending champion Kobe/Gasol Lakers.  Then took down the Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder that reached the finals the following year. Capped it off by upsetting the Lebron/Wade/Bosh superteam Heat.

Think any of the one star MVP candidates this year got a run like that in them?  

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Dirks recent 30,000 point achievement reminds me that he won a title as the lone star on his team.  He swept the defending champion  Kobe/Gasol Lakers.  Then took down the Durant/Westbrook/Harden Thunder that reached the finals the following year. Capped it off by upsetting the Lebron/Wade/Bosh superteam Heat.

Think any of the one star MVP candidates this year got a run like that in them?  

No. Dirk was a beast. That was like the worst day of my sports life.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

No. Dirk was a beast. That was like the worst day of my sports life.

I believe it.  Dirk was probably the most unlikely star, had you polled NBA fans prior to the season, to spoil Lebrons party.  It's one thing to lose to Gregg Pop with a great roster (really, who hasn't that **** beat badly?) but no one saw Dirks title run coming.  Well, no one other than Jason Terry anyway.

We didn't discuss Dirk much here after his milestone.  Appreciate Dirk.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

I believe it.  Dirk was probably the most unlikely star, had you polled NBA fans prior to the season, to spoil Lebrons party.  It's one thing to lose to Gregg Pop with a great roster (really, who hasn't that **** beat badly?) but no one saw Dirks title run coming.  Well, no one other than Jason Terry anyway.

I called them at least getting to the Finals in the prediction thread that year.  Can't remember if I predicted him winning it.  But I do remember pointing out that Dirk was, at the time, still the most consistently unguardable player in the league.  That means a lot in the playoffs.

Dirk also beat a frisky Portland team in the first round that all of the talking heads picked to win that series.  And then he slayed every three headed super team in the league on his march to the title.  His individual performance was one of the greatest in playoff history.  I think there was a point where he made a thousand free throws in a row.

As far as a one star team winning this year on the back of a transcendent performance, I don't think it'll be Houston.  I just don't see how you win a championship without being able to play any defense.  Do the Wizards count?  Only one All Star.  But they've got a pretty high quality roster and Beal is the second best shooting guard in the game.  What about San Antonio?  Again, only one All Star, but Aldridge made it a bunch of times in a row before this year.

12 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Thompson >>> DeRozan.  DeRozan can't shoot threes, can't pass, and can't play any defense whatsoever.

Maybe its just because I see DeRozan more against the wizards being in the East.  I got a lot of respect for that guy, I like that he goes for twos more then threes. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What aspects of basketball is Beal better than Klay? 

Better defender and ball distributor.  I want to see Beal shoot this well again next year, this is his first time that he really looks like his potential.