Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Peyton Manning medically cleared to resume NFL career (multi-merged---see the latest Manning rumors/"me too" articles here)

mzkp54

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7534274/sources-peyton-manning-medically-cleared-resume-nfl-career

Peyton Manning has been medically cleared by two doctors, including Dr. Robert Watkins, who performed the most recent surgery on the Indianapolis Colts quarterback's neck, to resume his NFL career, sources told Chris Mortensen and Adam Schefter of ESPN.

Let the madness begin...

ngbbs4e9af149ed66a.jpg

But I must admit, part of me is glad that Peyton's not done. He's fun to watch, and I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Joe Montana 2.0 in action.

I think he ends up with a big market team somewhere. Imagine Manning on the Jets? Peyton and Eli both in NY, Peyton in the AFCE with Brady? That would be fantastic.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him. I think a lot of the uncertainty whether he would be given the $28M was based on his medical situation. Now that he's cleared, they'll keep him on and ride out this year with him.

I might well end up with a ton of egg on my face, but I've been saying to anyone that would listen for months on here the Colts will keep Peyton given all he means to that franchise and City; and either draft RGIII to sit and learn under the master; or trade down and take a project to develop like Tannehill.

Either way, in that scenario, Luck comes storming back into play.

Hail.

I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him. I think a lot of the uncertainty whether he would be given the $28M was based on his medical situation. Now that he's cleared, they'll keep him on and ride out this year with him.

28 million goes a long way to rebuilding the team around Luck also.

If I were him I'd think long and hard about going to San Fran. They already have all the peices there and pair him with Vernon Davis? Wow.

Arizona isn't too shabby either. Imagine having LFitz to throw to?

---------- Post added February-2nd-2012 at 06:02 PM ----------

he should def go to cleveland...

lol, yeah he should... :)

From what I've been reading being cleared to play does not mean the same as being effective like he once was. The nerve damage has caused weakness in his throwing arm. It could be perfectly safe for him to play, but it may not be the same ole Manning. Guess next comes the throwing tests. I still think its a long shot Indy pays him that bonus.

I might well end up with a ton of egg on my face, but I've been saying to anyone that would listen for months on here the Colts will keep Peyton given all he means to that franchise and City; and either draft RGIII to sit and learn under the master; or trade down and take a project to develop like Tannehill.

Either way, in that scenario, Luck comes storming back into play.

Hail.

My guess would be trade down. That way, they can get a bunch of players for the 3-4 and then trade back up next year for Barkley.

there's a slight chance Indy keeps Peyton and still draft Luck but the smart thing to do is keep Peyton and trade their #1 pick for lots of starters and draft picks(and still draft Tanneyhill this year or trade back up for Barkley/Landry next year). The colts just need alot of help and having both Luck and Peyton is not going to be an option for them.

all I know is Irsay has a migraine right now :)

lol @ the wishful thinking gushing out of this thread ;)

this doesn't change the fact that $28 million is a lot of money, it doesn't change how good Andrew Luck is (frankly I don't think it changes whether or not Irsay wants him)..all it does change is that it gives a little go-ahead for any teams interested in him, which, if anything, should worry you, not excite you. Unless you want him of course

Archived