Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Renewals

bryantlc

I could see some clubs eventually raising the price of regular season games, meanwhile reducing preseason costs simply to make it look like they're helping out the fan. However, in the long run, there would be no reduction in overall ST cost.

This would be nice. Then I would be able to sell my Regular season tickets at face value and not feel like I'm taking a loss. And adding in the tax to the face value would be nice too. Right now I feel bad asking for that 10% tax. Plus trying to explain to someone that just because the face value is this, doesn't mean they aren't worth more, explaining that I have to buy the preseason games and they are pretty much worthless. It also seems like it would increase revenue a bit. I think they would have more walkups to the preseason games at reduced prices, then they would be able to get more for individual games in the regular season when they sell out.

• 3 weeks later...

This came in Friday just after preseason ended.

Dear Waitinglist Member:

The Washington Redskins season is here! Don't miss your last chance to get season tickets that includes the home opener against the New York Giants! There are a limited number of tickets still available starting at just $576* for the entire season and includes exciting matchups against the New England Patriots, New York Jets, and arch-rivals Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles.

The Redskins want YOU to join Head Coach Mike Shanahan and the rest of your Washington Redskins for the 2011 season. The season ticket package includes an option for:

Inside-the-beltway parking

3-month, interest-free payment plan

And much, much, more...

Purchase tickets and receive a FREE Redskins Replica Jersey. Choose from players DeAngelo Hall, Brian Orakpo, and Chris Cooley.** Purchase 4 or more season tickets and your Jersey will be AUTOGRAPHED!

To pick your location today, call the Redskins at 301-276-6033. Or, go to www.redskins.com/seasontickets to place your down payment. You can also e-mail seasontickets@redskins.com with any questions.

See you at FedExField and Hail to the Redskins!

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:49 PM ----------

This email arrived today:

Dear Wait List Member,

There are a limited number of General Admission Player Ticket Returns remaining for the Redskins 2011 home opener vs. the NY Giants game on September 11, including a few lower level locations. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Redskins vs. Giants game at face value, please click here.

For more information and to purchase Inside-the-Beltway parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

Here's an idea. Make the gameday experience affordable for more people and more people will go to games. Taking my wife and 2 kids and sitting in the lower level endzone would cost me over $470 with parking BEFORE any concessions. I can afford this expenditure but I would venture that many cannot.

Making concessions more affordable will also lead to more people attending games and purchasing them. Raising beer prices to $9 for a Bud Light is absurd. Owners got greedy and kept raising prices until demand could no longer support the inflated prices.

People need to see the value in attending games to get up off of their couches and away from the large screen HDTV's.

I agree with you to a certain extent. The upper deck should have tickets in the $25 range. This would be good for everybody.

I also think that all of the OV seats should be ripped out to give a better overall perception of value to the LL seats. It would also make the concession lines in the LL more tolerable. It would also help fill the upper deck up because many of the OV crowd would go upstairs for the cheaper tickets.

As far as the $9 beer goes, I believe that it is way overpriced. I think $7 is a better number. (It's not going to be college bar prices at a sporting event).

DC has always been an "event driven" sports town. Look at the sold out Nats games last season when Strasburg pitched, the sold out Man U/Barcelona game, and the hundreds of thousands of people that went to the U.S. Open at Congressional.

DC fans also love to see a winner. Just look at the Caps sellout streak that coincides with 4 years of regular season success. If the Skins start posting 10 win seasons and playoff appearances, Redskins season tickets will once again be the most desirable in Washington sports.

I wonder how many general admission seats they still really need to sell? It must be a fairly large number if they are still sending out emails. It's a good thing they removed all of those UL end zone seats.

Doesn't necessarily have to be a large number just because they're sending out emails. I got an email around this time last year for me to upgrade into the lower portion of the UL. They only offered 3 pairs of two tickets to me.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if they still have quite a few to sell. I got my third "Giants Player Ticket Returns" email a few minutes ago and it said "Last Chance".

I just got it too. Last chance until the next email comes in.:ols: I don't see why anybody would buy 400 level STs when you know you can buy lowers and parking at face for every game.

LAST CHANCE!

Don't miss your last opportunity to see the highly anticipated Redskins 2011 home opener vs. the NY Giants game on September 11. There are a limited number of General Admission Player/Sponsor Ticket Returns remaining, including a few lower level locations. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Redskins vs. Giants game at face value, pleaseclick here.

For more information and to purchase Inside-the-Beltway parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

Just got my second reminder notice this week for the Cards. Notice the new emphasis on "Face Value".

Dear Wait List Member,

There are a limited number of General Admission tickets, including lower level, available for the Redskins vs. Cardinals game on September 18. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Redskins vs. Cardinals game at face value, please click here.

Due to the limited number of tickets, we expect they will be sold out quickly. For more information and to purchase Inside-the-Beltway parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

I have a new single game record for best ticket deal ever.

Lower level, midfield, unobstructed, 200 level. Listed at $70 per seat, pick up at game.

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/redskins-vs-cardinals-fedexfield-1068633/?ticket_id=304052952

There are better deals on CL. Or just go to the game and pick up tix from desperate fans for dollars.

There are 24 tickets together in row 26 of section 430 going for $22 a piece. There is a 99.999999999999% chance that these tickets are being sold by the TO through stubhub.

If somebody bought these tickets and are reselling them they would be taking it in the shorts for over $1000 in this game even if they were lucky enough to sell all 24. As a matter of fact the seller of these 24 seats together has up to 24 seats together for every game except for Philly, and Dallas all below face value.

There are 24 tickets together in row 26 of section 430 going for $22 a piece. There is a 99.999999999999% chance that these tickets are being sold by the TO through stubhub.

If somebody bought these tickets and are reselling them they would be taking it in the shorts for over $1000 in this game even if they were lucky enough to sell all 24. As a matter of fact the seller of these 24 seats together has up to 24 seats together for every game except for Philly, and Dallas all below face value.

It would be intersting to buy just one ticket to find out what the return address is on the mailing label.