Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

It’s the other fighters fault for being an inferior grappler. If the fighter can’t stop someone from wall and stalling them they are the inferior grappler and should lose the fight. 

In that respect, are you against ref standups?

33 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

In that respect, are you against ref standups?

Yeah. Why should a fighter be awarded for not being able to stop a takedown. If a fighter is gassed and takes the other fighter down, that says more about the other fighter than the gassed one.

However, I do believe the fighter on the bottom can out point the other fighter on the ground especially if they are in full guard. If the bottom fighter is hitting the guy with elbows and the other dude is just laying there in full guard doing nothing then the guy on bottom is winning. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Please, Conor got choked out by Joe Duffy. Khabib never losing is a testament to his greatness cause MMA is so flukie. GSP had Serra and Hughes and Silva had some can loses too. 

Conor killed Aldo though.  Jose went from unbeatable killing machine to mediocre with one Irish punch.  I don’t buy into Conor being nearly as good as his hype, but he’s got a punchers chance tonight at the very least.  That said, I do think Khabib wins tonight.

TKO ground n pound round 4.  Khabib Nurmwhatever

The longer the fight goes, its likely to get ugly for Conor. He has ****ty cardio though and Khabib aint the dude you want on you when you're exhausted. That said, Conor is ridiculously accurate and heavy handed and Khabib is plenty hittable. Khabib will get cracked sometime in the first, if he survives, he'll win.

I kinda want Khabib to win so Conor wil KO him in the first.

40 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Please, Conor got choked out by Joe Duffy. Khabib never losing is a testament to his greatness cause MMA is so flukie. GSP had Serra and Hughes and Silva had some can loses too. 

Renan Barao was something like 32-0 in his last 32 fights (not counting the NC) before facing Dillashaw, and then going 2-6 in his next 8 fights.

That says that when it comes to predicting fight outcomes - records actually don't mean a whole lot.

To say that KN has never lost, and therefore he never will lose, is a perception full of fallacies.

16 minutes ago, Destino said:

but he’s got a punchers chance tonight at the very least.  That said, I do think Khabib wins tonight.

If it goes 4 rounds, then I think CM has much better than a puncher's chance. That's at least 4 times that the fighting begins standing up, where KN is in high danger of CM's elite striking. Also, KN is not really a finisher. In his last 7 wins, his only finish was against basically a Rookie in Darrell Horcher, who also took the fight on about 30 minutes notice  If CM doesn't finish KN, then it likely goes 5 rounds. So, that's 5 times it starts standing up, plus whatever other times CM gets it back off the ground.

I think CM is going to prove to be a lot more slippery, than what people give him credit for, when it comes to avoiding takedowns, and avoiding staying down. I keep hearing that Conor could never learn in a matter of months what it would take to out-grapple someone of KN's level. That may be true, but CM doesn't need to out-grapple him to win. He just needs to not be on his back for the majority of the fight. And I think he has a reasonable chance of doing that.

57 minutes ago, Destino said:

Conor killed Aldo though.  Jose went from unbeatable killing machine to mediocre with one Irish punch.  I don’t buy into Conor being nearly as good as his hype, but he’s got a punchers chance tonight at the very least.  That said, I do think Khabib wins tonight.

The point is not losing in MMA is extremely rare, even Jose had a loss early in his career before Conor koed him. 

Conor's level of competition isn't heads above Khabib's if at all. Conor's best win is Aldo. Eddie has always been beatable. MJ, RDA, AI, and Edison are all solid wins. Pat Healy is also an underrated win. Conor's best wins are Aldo, Mendes, and Eddie. Two of them are against 145ers. The Max and Poirier wins were good in retrospect but they were a long time ago when they were more green fighters. MJ koed Poirier more recently than Conor so I think that says what kind of fighter Poirier was at the time. Poirier and Holloway have made huge strides since then, that being said I still think Conor would ko Poirer and would favor him against Holloway. 

The Eddie fight actually might be his best win because he embarrassed Eddie everywhere. Made him look like a complete amateur. 

Never been a fan of Eddie tho, I thought he lost against Melendez.

48 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

The longer the fight goes, its likely to get ugly for Conor. He has ****ty cardio though and Khabib aint the dude you want on you when you're exhausted. That said, Conor is ridiculously accurate and heavy handed and Khabib is plenty hittable. Khabib will get cracked sometime in the first, if he survives, he'll win.

I kinda want Khabib to win so Conor wil KO him in the first.

I feel the same. 

2 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Please, Conor got choked out by Joe Duffy.

1 hour ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Conor's level of competition isn't heads above Khabib's if at all. The Max and Poirier wins were good in retrospect but they were a long time ago when they were more green fighters.

To stay consistent in that thinking, then Conor's loss to Duffy should be eliminated from the conversation for that same reason.

To discount his wins for a certain reason, then discount his losses, if the same reason applies.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Khabib did exactly nothing for four minutes of round one but hold Conor down.  His strongest punch, if any could be called as such, landed after the bell.  That was crap.  That took lay and pray to an extreme.

But he's beating Conor's ass in the 2nd round...

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

Khabib did exactly nothing for four minutes of round one but hold Conor down.  His strongest punch, if any could be called as such, landed after the bell.  That was crap.  That took lay and pray to an extreme.

Are you getting audio, or are you at a bar ?

The analysts explained that was a deliberate part of his plan.