Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Eagles Hire Chip Kelly

terpskins10

Isn't Oregon set to be hit with NCAA sanctions? I guess we'll wait and see, but I wouldn't be suprised if that factored into his decision to make the move.

I think this BS that these college coaches jump ship with no penalty whatsoever. Two words: Pete Carroll

The reason his offense works so well in the college ranks is because his talent far exceeds those of the teams he plays. It will definatley be interesting to see how he transitions to the NFL though. If Vick is still the QB i expect him to be knocked out by week 3 as he isnt smart enough to run the read option effectively and he is way to inaccurate as a qb.

The reason his offense works so well in the college ranks is because his talent far exceeds those of the teams he plays.

Spot on. Totally different story in the NFL. Welcome to the National Football League, Chip. I can see him exiting Philthy in 2 to 3 years.

Don't really know what to think about this...Half of me thinks they will have a so-so offense with a terrible defense and not do anything, with Vick leaving on a stretcher around week 6

The other half of me worries for some reason Kelly really is an offensive mastermind and will have the eagle really making strong gains and taking the league by surprise.

Either way I'm very interested to see the moves he's gonna make in the offseason

Isn't Oregon set to be hit with NCAA sanctions? I guess we'll wait and see, but I wouldn't be suprised if that factored into his decision to make the move.

I think this BS that these college coaches jump ship with no penalty whatsoever. Two words: Pete Carroll

I was thinking the same thing... Pete Carroll ans sanctions....

My two words Steve spurrier

This is an interesting hire. He's was a hot commodity because of his preparation and attention to detail. Not just because of the Oregon offense. I'm interested to see how he adjusts to the league. I still think we handle them w/ RG3 at QB. This is still a QB driven league.

I don't like the Eagles either, but I too think this is a great hire. He's very dedicated to football, it's his life. He doesn't have family, he's not a golf junkie like Spurrier. I think he comes in and takes this very seriously and as soon as he has a QB that can stay healthy, they'll be a very good offensive team. The good part though, is I'm not as worried as I would have been pre-2012 as we have our own potent offense and franchise QB and a damn good RB and backup QB.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong in my praise for him though and if sanctions are coming down at Oregon then I think this is a chicken #### move and doesn't show much character.

Archived