Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

what was wrong with our passing game against dallas?

NikoBellic

First of all, HTTR! NFCE champs! This is amazing.

That said, our passing game looked not so good today. What gives? Was it RG3 making bad decisions or bad throws because he was not healthy? The receivers not getting open enough? I miss the games where our passing game was on fire (e.g. saints, first game against philly and dallas)

There's no way we'll beat seattle just running the ball like we did today. Seattle's defense is too good AND we need to keep up with their offense which has also been really hot as of late. I hope the skins can fix this during practice this week.

^ What he said.

He were running it down their collective throats, beating them into submission. There was no need to go away from what was working so well. Griffin completed the passes he needed to to keep drives alive. The rest was left in the hands of the Butler.

Griffin wasn't sharp passing. He missed some throws badly that I haven't seen him miss that bad all season long. I just hope his knee is all healed up and ready to go against Seattle. I will say too though that Carr and Claiborne are no scrubs. But neither is Seattle's secondary. Those guys are probably the best there is

Living in Oregon I get to watch alot of Oregon Duck games. If you run like the Skins did today you never go away from it.

Marcus Mariota is probably the best freshman QB in college football. At least half of his games when the Ducks were crushing

you he would only throw it 12-20 times at the most. If you zone read like the Skins did tonight the pass gets in the way.

might have been the cold. Overall it wasn't entirely on RG3. He was 9 of 18. At least 2 of them were drops that were right in the receivers hands. And another one or two were intentional throw aways. that takes it up to 12 or 13. Means he only misfired on about a third of the passes

we looked bad for the first time this year, Dallas did a good job of taking away Bob;s first reads, and his throws, a couple of them, looked very Donovan McNabb like. I wish we could have done more bubble screens early to get Bob comfortable but the running game was the best it was all season, so I'll take that instead. Fred set a career high today, finished 2nd in the league in rushing and is btw still not in the pro bowl.

I was wondering that, myself. I think that this was easily the worst game RG3 has had, and it wasn't JUST lack of attempts. There were balls one-hopped to the receivers, balls over the receivers heads, balls that hit the receivers chest and got dropped.

Now, I HOPE that it was a case that Dallas simply played the pass all game long (stupid Dallas, but I'll take it), and that this kept us from getting into rhythm. I'm nowhere near enough of an expert to make that pronouncement.

As to Seattle, I SUSPECT that, after watching this game, that they WON'T say "I think we should play the pass all game long, and force them to run the ball the whole game".

As to Seattle, I SUSPECT that, after watching this game, that they WON'T say "I think we should play the pass all game long, and force them to run the ball the whole game".
I'm guessing their gameplan will be the same in regards to having their LBs play pass first and stay at home against play/run action.

But, they're gonna bring way more pressure.

For the people saying that we consciously chose to run the ball down their throats -

Okaaaaay, but that doesn't explain why we looked like crap on the plays where we DIDN'T choose to run it down their throats.

Griffin completed mostly slants, WR screens, checkdowns, and short throws to the sideline. Where was the 20 yard post down the middle of the field? That's the staple of our entire offense. You'd think on a day where your runningback is blowing holes through the other team's front 7, that there would be a huge opportunity for big gains in the play action passing game. Why was this not exploited? I'm going to look at the all 22 film and see if it was Griffin or was run that way by design.

For the people saying that we consciously chose to run the ball down their throats -

Okaaaaay, but that doesn't explain why we looked like crap on the plays where we DIDN'T choose to run it down their throats.

Griffin completed mostly slants, WR screens, checkdowns, and short throws to the sideline. Where was the 20 yard post down the middle of the field? That's the staple of our entire offense. You'd think on a day where your runningback is blowing holes through the other team's front 7, that there would be a huge opportunity for big gains in the play action passing game. Why was this not exploited? I'm going to look at the all 22 film and see if it was Griffin or was run that way by design.

We took what the defense gave us and won. They were doubling Garcon most of the night and only giving us the underneath stuff through the air so we pounded them on the ground. Griff completed major throws on third downs to help keep our scoring drives alive and it was enough to win by 10 against an awesome WR corps. Not sure what you are complaining about. Griff said himself when the D takes his threat away then Morris will destroy you and vice versa.

We took what the defense gave us and won. They were doubling Garcon most of the night and only giving us the underneath stuff through the air so we pounded them on the ground. Griff completed major throws on third downs to help keep our scoring drives alive and it was enough to win by 10 against an awesome WR corps. Not sure what you are complaining about. Griff said himself when the D takes his threat away then Morris will destroy you and vice versa.

This is correct.

After the Thanksgiving day game, the Cowboys were not going to lose via the passing game. The committed to taking that away last night. They picked their poison.

First of all, HTTR! NFCE champs! This is amazing.

That said, our passing game looked not so good today. What gives? Was it RG3 making bad decisions or bad throws because he was not healthy? The receivers not getting open enough? I miss the games where our passing game was on fire (e.g. saints, first game against philly and dallas)

There's no way we'll beat seattle just running the ball like we did today. Seattle's defense is too good AND we need to keep up with their offense which has also been really hot as of late. I hope the skins can fix this during practice this week.

RG3 was definitely missing some open guys today. I can think of a few occasions where he had guys wide open and just didnt see them, one of these being a WIDE open Pierre Garcon streaking down the left side of the defense (think it was the 3rd quarter).

Archived