Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Redskins Ready for Prime Time

Burgold

Ton of pressure on tonight, but the additional factor is that 8:30 start. With all the stress of lose or go home there's also the national spotlight. Every eye in the football world is going to be on us tonight. There's no other game not to mention no other game that matters as much. It's a showcase. You can almost see Bob Barker.

In past seasons, the Redskins wilt on games such as this. A Monday Night game with the division on the line? It's over before it begins. This year though, these Redskins have done well in national games... Tonight is a repeat of Thanksgiving in many ways.

The whole country is watching. It's the Dallas Cowboys. It's do or die. Romo sits to pee and the 'boys are being glorified most of the week by all the outlets.

We have a very small sample to judge RGIII on, but so far on Thanksgiving, Monday night, and the opening national game against the Saints... believe it or not I think we've done better in games where the spotlight is on us this year. I don't know if that continues, but I so want to believe.

Are we ready for primetime? Are you ready to scream roar and do your part? Do you truly believe or just hope at this point?

Today, is about more than X's and O's, but about who is ready to sieze the moment and who thrives in the spotlight. Time to find out what we're made of.

You're so right, and we've already seen that "what we're made of" is very different than what we've been made of in years past. More serious, more professional, more dedicated, more committed to playing the whole game. Robert, well.....Robert has simply been amazing, he is already doing so much more than anyone could have hoped in his debut season that words fail me, but there is more, much more to be said for this team. The O line has been outstanding after preseason reviews that would have drawn tears from stone, Morris is on a pace to break the franchise running record and just smiles, taking it all in stride. The defense has risen from the ashes of its early collapses to play hard. All signs, all symptoms of something we haven't had for many years, a team, a complete team, far from perfect but nonetheless a team acting as a single entity, believing in itself.

I want to see a true statement game tonight, see this team just take this game by force, seize it and the division without regret or second thoughts, go out there from the opening kickoff and show everyone watching who and what they are "made of" now.

Yup, and that was the biggest message that all of us including the team should have gotten from the Cleveland game and to a lesser extent the Eagles' game. This is not a one man band. This is a team that can win. Even without Griffin this team has the ability to be very good. I think they needed to know that. I think we did too.

I'm so used to, as you say, wilting in games like this that I am afraid to have confidence! As such I take solace in the fact that win or lose tonight one thing is known for sure, we know which team is on the rise and which is old, ailing and in need of a rebuild.

I cannot remember a season where at the end of it I was more hopeful about the next season like I am now.

HTTR!

Whats not Primetime?

Rookie of the week 10 times so far this year...

Rookie QB/RB records every week

Division game for all the marbles with the experts going 50/50 in the pick'ems.

If we win, Rookie of the Year steel cage match the very next week.

also:

One Man Gang made the Prowl Bowl, he needs a national introduction.

Whats not Primetime?

Rookie of the week 10 times so far this year...

Rookie QB/RB records every week

Division game for all the marbles with the experts going 50/50 in the pick'ems.

If we win, Rookie of the Year steel cage match the very next week.

also:

One Man Gang made the Prowl Bowl, he needs a national introduction.

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but, I have been really turned off by the singular focus on Griffin all year. Everyone in the media predicted that the Skins would be more successful than the Colts this season, but when I have watched Colts games, you just don't hear the constant Luck hype, camera always on him etc. Griffin has been a great player, but its a team. You'd think he was the only guy on the team.

I worry every game because the defense has that bust potential

We luckily were able to pick off the ball 3 times...including a critical pick by Rob Jackson in the 4th. I would really be more comfortable if we worked on addressing the defensive side of the ball. And a lot of the Redskins defensive issues aren't their fault, they've been victim to injuries and suspensions. But that defense is just a house of cards ready to fall. This is the sentiment I go into with every week.

And the house of cards is still standing.

Wish I could say the same, it was hard for me to celebrate last week because my stomach was in knots knowing we had to win.

Call it "kicked dog syndrome" or whatever, but I always expect Lucy to pull the ball away at the last second.

I prefer "beat wife syndrome" ;)

Ya gotta have faith in something brotha.

Archived