Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Redskins Sign a big name receiver in the Off Season?

bops

It doesn't necessarily have to be a "big name", just someone who can still make the same type of impact as Garcon, should either one of them go down at any point during the regular season. The Skins simply need a little more depth in that position then they currently have, as well as other positions on the field that they are currently lacking in.

but dont you think just one more might just might make us a semi complete offense ?

Sure. But would you spend that money before you spent money on, say:

RT

G/T depth

NT

DE

CB

S

RB depth (Helu hasn't been healthy, Royster hasn't been good)

I wouldn't.

Receiver would be a luxury. Our currents corps are playing fine, in my opinion.

Moss is old and he won't be here forever. I don't expect/see him repeating what hes doing this year next season. And while I do like Morgan, hes not a No.2 receiver. Maybe Hankie will turn into a No.2 receiver and maybe he won't. I want Rg3 to have another legitimate threat at WRs outside of Garcon.

Moss is old and he won't be here forever. I don't expect/see him repeating what hes doing this year next season. And while I do like Morgan, hes not a No.2 receiver. Maybe Hankie will turn into a No.2 receiver and maybe he won't. I want Rg3 to have another legitimate threat at WRs outside of Garcon.

http://insideheat.com/2012/10/free-agent-wide-receiver-class-2013/

Moss

Hankerson

Garcon

Robinson

These guys will be definitely be on our roster year. Why would we want to add another high priced wr with the current state of the defense

You sure? Moss almost got replaced by Eddie Royal, what will stop shanny from finding his replacement next offseason? And Robinson is a 1 trick pony right now....And Hankerson idk....still on the fence about that guy :/

You sure? Moss almost got replaced by Eddie Royal, what will stop shanny from finding his replacement next offseason? And Robinson is a 1 trick pony right now....And Hankerson idk....still on the fence about that guy :/

Outside of the Giants fumble he's been solid. Aldrick is a poorman's mike wallace every team needs a deep threat like him, Hankerson has been getting better every week.

What will stop him? The fact that Moss has been a BEAST in the slot this season... Just sayin'

I'm hoping Moss continues to play at a high level and is brought back. He's a class act and is clearly still very productive and clutch. If, for whatever reason, he is not retained, I would have no problem with us looking into Danny Amendola. He would be an excellent threat in our offense both as a slot receiver and out of the backfield from the pistol formation.

But I have zero interest in any of the "Big name" guys like Jennings or Cruz. We have the perfect mindset and leadership in our receiving corps. It would be a shame to bring in an established guy who would trump or alter the attitude that Moss and Garcon have instilled in our receivers.

The two guys who I think would be worth pursuing are Bowe and Wallace, and unfortunately both will be very expensive. The rest I think are either too old (Driver, Moss), too old relative to the contract they'll want (Jennings, Welker) or aren't really an upgrade from the guys we've got elsewhere on the roster (Simpson, Amendola).

I don't think we'll be signing a big name guy, we did that last year with Garcon. More than anything it's about keeping Garcon healthy.

Archived