Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trent Richardson vs Alfred Morris. Straight up trade. Would you?

Dapo

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Trent Richardson is a top quality, potential all-pro back. That's a no-brainer. It's nothing against Morris. I don't pine for T Rich or anything and Morris is a spectacular member of our team. But T Rich is by far the superior RB.

Not so fast. Some runners have elite skill sets, yet don't excel in their team's running schemes. See Darren McFadden in Oakland's zone scheme.

Perhaps Trent Richardson, on paper, presents a superior skill set.....but I have a gut feeling that Alfred Morris is a precision cut prototype back for this offense.

Tough call at who's better for the Redskins' scheme.

It's definitely a tougher call than at the beginning of the season. Morris is our man though, but on talent level Richardson is just nasty. Problem with him statistically is nobody respects the pass against Cleveland so he is constantly dealing with 8 or 9 guys in the box. He doesn't have the Peterson speed to run around that, so he gets stuck just trucking out the middle for limited gains. Put him on a team like San Fran and he would be an absolute monster though.

To be fair to Richardson, you really should compare their respective receiving performances too if you are just doing a stats comparison.

Also, as another poster pointed out, Richardson is limited by the lack of a real aerial threat in Cleveland. I think Richardson would be a beast in this scheme.

All that said, I do not want to mess with this team's mojo right now, so I'm keeping the Butler. Morris has done such a great job for us, I would hate to see him go even if it is only in an impossible fantasy trade scenario.

Based on my non-professional evaluation of highlights of Trent running in college, he is probably a little better than Almo, but not MUCH better, and therefore I would keep Almo, the guy I've really grown to like. It's tough to trade away family. They both seem to have the same run-style, so I don't forsee Trent doing that much better than Almo if he was placed in our offense. It'll be fun to watch them both this Sunday.

Are you asking which player I'd rather have? It's Richardson, he's going to be an all-star for years.

But would I trade Morris for Richardson. We'd have to pay Richardson 20 Mil over the next 4 years, when we have Morris for 2 mil. I know this sucks for running backs, but my policy is don't give big money to running backs.

Are you asking which player I'd rather have? It's Richardson, he's going to be an all-star for years.

But would I trade Morris for Richardson. We'd have to pay Richardson 20 Mil over the next 4 years, when we have Morris for 2 mil. I know this sucks for running backs, but my policy is don't give big money to running backs.

unless it's adrian peterson

Trent Richardson is a special back . I really like his big play potential - his receiving game , he is a tough runner that is a real hard to bring down, and he has that break away speed ..

BUT .... people write Morris off as a system back and Morris is not a match as a catcher, nor does he have that break away speed and he is helped out by RG3 BUT he has some key attributes you would look for in a RB, he is smart decisive and has tremendous lower body strength . but he is s a churner and the run game is always alive while he is in the game - it is tough and I have not seen enough of Richardson to really say one way or the other but i don't think it is such a massive no brainier ...

Honestly, the only thing holding back both richardson and almo is break away speed. i mean imagine what kind of damage a guy like adrian peterson or c.j. spiller could do in Washington. wow. and then add calvin johnson. and then clone him and line the clone up on the other side. *sigh* i need to stop dreaming

Honestly, the only thing holding back both richardson and almo is break away speed. i mean imagine what kind of damage a guy like adrian peterson or c.j. spiller could do in Washington. wow. and then add calvin johnson. and then clone him and line the clone up on the other side. *sigh* i need to stop dreaming

LOL--can you imagine RG3 running the read option with AD?:ols::ols:

I can't say that I understand why Richardson would be considered special outside of what he accomplished in college. Maybe you guys just have a rather lax concept of what constitutes "special". :whoknows:

I know one thing for sure, though, and that's that Morris is a substantially better scheme fit than Richardson. There's no way Richardson's running style would lead to the kind of consistent success we've enjoyed this year with Morris, so that trade makes absolutely no sense.

I can't help but wonder what a super fast back would do in our offense. Morris is crucial and we need his power no matter what, but I hope Shanahan makes it a priority to find somebody very fast, preferably who can catch (sproles sproles sproles), I think it give RG3 yet another option (pun intended) and defenses one more thing to worry about. You line up RG3, Garcon, Morris, and a lights out speed RB in the backfield? That's the kind of thing that makes Jerry Jones wet his bed at night.

This is a lot like that Romo sits to pee for rg3 thread that shoulda been named are you a homer or a realist.

Listen I love almo. I love his heart I love his running style and absolutely the argument can be made for system fit and all but come on richardson is a top ten talent and if the situation was reversed and this thread was on a browns website we'd all be laughing our asses off.

I would not even consider it! But if I did, and I looked at the stats, I stick with god ol' Alfred's 4.9 yds per carry. And if I look at the person you gotta stick with Alfred. DO NOT DISTURB RG3 + Alfred in the backfield together. Tried to order Alfred's jersey from NFL Shop and actually placed it and it was cancelled. Now I go look and a custom Skins Elite Jersey isn't even an option to buy. WTF? Nike hosing things up...must have use all the brgandy stock for RG3 jerseys already.

HTTR!!!

hell no, from value perspective along Morris is better. And sorry to bust the bubble of guys saying TR is a better RB, how do we know that? Could it be that Morris was totally overlooked because he played on a terrible little college team?

Let me put it to you another way. Right now I don't even know why Luck is in the conversation for ROY when he has been a turnover machine. And yet he is because people look back to his college production not what he is doing right now. And no his team is not winning because of him, they have won at least 4 games in spite of him.

This is a lot like that Romo sits to pee for rg3 thread that shoulda been named are you a homer or a realist.

Listen I love almo. I love his heart I love his running style and absolutely the argument can be made for system fit and all but come on richardson is a top ten talent and if the situation was reversed and this thread was on a browns website we'd all be laughing our asses off.

Oh really. In 1995, Ki-jana Carter was drafted NUMBER ONE over all. So answer me this. would you have traded him for the 20th RB picked in that Draft in round 6? A little known back by the name of Terrel Davis.

I am not saying that Morris will turn out to be Terrel Davis nor that Richardson will end up being Ki-Jana. But right now the sample is, Morris has crushed our rookie RB record and hell he has a chance to rush for more yards than any RB in our team's history. you don't trade a guy like that straight up for no other current RB unless he is AP.

Archived