Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Twitter: Mike Brown: Redskins announce Griffin knee injury is a knee sprain MRI showed

flexxskins

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/kneeinjuries/g/kneesprain.htm

A knee sprain means that you have injured one of the ligaments around the knee joint. Saying you have a "knee sprain" is not a terribly useful diagnosis for two reasons:

First: it does not tell you which ligament is injured. This is important because different ligaments are treated very differently. For example, ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) injuries often need surgical reconstruction. On the other hand MCL (medial collateral ligament) injuries seldom require surgery.

Second: it does not tell you how badly the ligament is injured. The reason this is important is that minor injuries usually require minor treatment. More severe injuries may require more substantial treatment, rehabilitation, and possibly surgery.

Also Known As: Knee ligament tear, knee ligament injury

Thank goodness.

That being said, you have to be careful. We have a chance at the playoffs here, or at least a chance at 10-6, but I think that's only if Griffin is in there, and if we go to the playoffs we need him as close to 100% as possible.

As GHH said, we should be able to beat Cleveland without him, so I would plan on starting Kirk. Let him strut his stuff and earn a future paycheck. If Kirk falls flat, throws some INTs or something, THEN bring Griffin out, but try and let him have a week off to get to 100%, then have him whup Philly and Dallas.

I think we should start Cousins but make Griffin the active backup. See how things go and if we need an offensive spark, play RG3. I don't think there's any use in risking further damage if we can handle our business against the Browns without him.

I agree with this.

Archived