Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who has bought their Alfred Morris Jersey?

Audible_Red40

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well the RGIII jersey thread started long before he played his first game. Our other rookie stud has been nothing but an exceptional surprise to say the least. Who has shown the praise while sporting his jersey?

I will admit, I am kinda a jersey guy and have purchased many "rookie" jersyes before they have proven themselves, shame on me! I totally rushed out (no pun intended) to get my Reggie Brooks jersey in 1993, after he ran for an 85 yard TD against the Iggles in week 3. Boo that too.

I have not bought a Morris jersey yet, but if Santa is spying on me or has received my letter yet, he knows it's on my list, it is the only thing on the list. Otherwise, I'll do the duty and pick one up right after Christmas.

Keep in mind that he's a Mike Shanahan running back. I'll be surprised if he's here for more than another year or so.

actually, despite shanahans running back history, i wouldnt be surprised if he's our main running back for a very long time. i feel like he can carry this team just like portis did. AlMo has the ability to have another great season next year, especially if we get more o-line help.

actually, despite shanahans running back history, i wouldnt be surprised if he's our main running back for a very long time. i feel like he can carry this team just like portis did. AlMo has the ability to have another great season next year, especially if we get more o-line help.

Let me give you something else to think on. :)

18 mil cap penalty next year. No #1 draft pick for the next two years. A depleted defense. And Shanny's history in Denver was building up RBs then trading them for picks to restock his D.

18 mil cap penalty next year. No #1 draft pick for the next two years. A depleted defense. And Shanny's history in Denver was building up RBs then trading them for picks to restock his D.

thats true, but we still have roy helu. he can come back healthy next season and we wont have to trade anyone for picks. morris could be the main RB while helu could be the 3rd down RB. anything could happen, but i would really love to see AlMo with RG3 for a very long time

This would be kinda depressing not that I believe al-mo is a world beater or we can't replace the production .....I really like his personality and demeanor. Seems to be a real hard worker and not a me first kin da player. But I think his nose for getting the few extra yards will keep him here. When our offense is operating in 2nd and 6 or 3rd and short we are hard to stop. Morris gets u at here with positive runs on 1st n 2nd down.

Damn, good point TK. At least he got two years out of Portis before shipping him to us.

I offer you this counterpoint though: The guy everyone seems to compare Morris to, Terrell Davis, was drafted by Shanny in his first year in Denver and stayed there his entire career.

Morris is having a better rookie year than him too.

Damn, good point TK. At least he got two years out of Portis before shipping him to us.

I offer you this counterpoint though: The guy everyone seems to compare Morris to, Terrell Davis, was drafted by Shanny in his first year in Denver and stayed there his entire career.

Morris is having a better rookie year than him too.

I hope he keeps Morris around, but I don't know if Alfred has Davis's skill set. He certainly can match his production, though, and that's what matters, isn't it? More than one way to skin a cat and whatnot. I do, however, want him out of the Betts/Torain bad luck number!:ols::ols::ols:

I hope he keeps Morris around, but I don't know if Alfred has Davis's skill set. He certainly can match his production, though, and that's what matters, isn't it? More than one way to skin a cat and whatnot. I do, however, want him out of the Betts/Torain bad luck number!:ols::ols::ols:

So you're saying he should wear #30? Gain some of the skills of not only Davis but maybe Brian Mitchell too? :)

So you're saying he should wear #30? Gain some of the skills of not only Davis but maybe Brian Mitchell too? :)

I like that idea for a bunch of reasons. There is a small chance that the number magically transfers third-down skills to him, allowing him to stay on the field more. Also, it might just be weird football OCD but I've always felt a running back should have a lower number than his fullback. Of course, these are terrible reasons to change numbers but still, I hope he develops those passing game skills in the offseason.

Speaking of fullbacks, I really hope Young ends up in the Pro Bowl. Coach Shanahan asks him to do a large variety of things and he's doing an excellent job, especially considering his defensive background. He is as deserving as anyone on the roster of postseason accolades.

My only problem with buying jersey's s that players seem to always have something happen shortly after getting the jersey (In our family we have jersey's for Champ Bailey, Lavar, and Portis) It was so bad that last season, I was considering getting a Rex Jersey just so he would get traded or cut.

Hopefully Darrelle Revis cheats on his wife soon.

(Not really hoping for that)

Santana Moss notwithstanding, haven't the Skins been burned by the Jets enough in the last 10 years? The Restricted Free Agent Fiasco of 2002 still irks me something awful.

I understand Shanny's history, but I think Al Mo is different. It's really hard to find a guy who can get the tough yards but is also fast enough to get yards in big chunks. I also think that the value of a RB has changed over the years, and they are not valued as highly as they once were...except for the elite backs. In short, I don't think Al Mo would get us enough on the market to warrant trying to move him. He's my favorite player...so I'd love for him to stick around.

Quick question, why are people so enamored with buying jerseys? Just curious...

I understand Shanny's history, but I think Al Mo is different. It's really hard to find a guy who can get the tough yards but is also fast enough to get yards in big chunks. I also think that the value of a RB has changed over the years, and they are not valued as highly as they once were...except for the elite backs. In short, I don't think Al Mo would get us enough on the market to warrant trying to move him. He's my favorite player...so I'd love for him to stick around.

Quick question, why are people so enamored with buying jerseys? Just curious...

Even the elite backs are not valued as high, IMO, because there is far more to a running game than just the back. There's the matter of the big uglies up front.

For example, I think Tennessee immediately regretted the CJ2K contract and they would trade him in a second if they could. We remember the names of Corey Dillion and Marshawn Lynch (finding success with a new team in his late 20's/early 30's), because they are so few and far between. THere are far more Shone Greenes and LaRod Stevens-Howlings than not.

FYI, no more jerseys for me unless the number is "unofficially retired." Call it the The Stephen Davis Rule.

Ill be honest ive wanted a morris jersey since i saw him in preseason. My original plan was to buy throwbacks for both him and RG3 because i liked the idea of getting the pair of our two best playmakers in their rookie year (kinda like getting a baseball players rookie card i guess), especially since they compliment easch other so well and give us the number one rushing offense in the league

But they dont have morris throwbacks unfortunatley. Im kinda pissed. Still would like to get a jersey of his but wanted one that showed it came from this year and have it match the RG3....

To answer Alvin, i look at them as kind of collector pieces rather than actual clothing.

I have a really random collection of jerseys, and i try to get one a year based on whichever player i remember most from that year. For instance, in 2007 i got a custom 75th anniversary jersey for sean taylor, but got it in black with red and yellow numbers since he died midseason, in 2009 i got a nice but completely scrub, practice style non official Armstrong jersey cuz i loved how he worked his way up from the practice squad to our best reciever that year.... Also got a nice art monk jersey with the 50th anniversary patch on it (and no nfl logo on the collar, cuz he always ripped them off before every game, saying he played for the redskins, not the nfl lol)

Archived