Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Making Moves: per @john_keim

Krusheasy

right tackle Jammal Brown has been cleared for practice.

cut Justin Snow and activated Nick Sundberg

promoted CB D.J. Johnson; cut CB David Jones

per @john_keim

-----------------

ES Staff Appended Edit:

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release

November 6, 2012

REDSKINS MAKE ROSTER MOVES

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Va. – The Washington Redskins announced today that they have made the following roster moves:

- The team waived cornerback David Jones and long snapper Justin Snow.

- The team signed cornerback Domonique “D.J.” Johnson to their active roster from the practice squad.

- The team activated long snapper Nick Sundberg from the Reserve/Injured list (designated for return).

- The team announced that Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform tackle Jammal Brown has been cleared for practice.

Jones (6-0, 197) spent the preseason with the Redskins after signing with the team as a free agent on July 24, 2012. He was released by the Redskins on Aug. 31, 2012, before joining the team again on Sept. 25, 2012. Jones played in five games with the Redskins this season and was credited by the coaching staff with seven tackles.

Snow (6-3, 245) signed with the Redskins on Sept. 11, 2012. He played in eight games with the team this season, appearing in his 200th career regular season game against Carolina in Week 9.

Johnson (6-1, 191) signed to the Redskins’ practice squad on Oct. 23, 2012. He has appeared in 10 NFL games, all with the New York Giants, playing in three games in 2009 and seven games in 2010.

Sundberg (6-0, 251) was placed on the Reserve/Injured list and designated for return on Sept. 11, 2012, after having played the second half of the team’s Week 1 win at New Orleans with a broken arm. He has appeared in 33 career NFL games, all with the Redskins.

-

Brown (6-6, 317) is in his third season with the Redskins after originally joining the team by trade on July 19, 2010. The veteran of 85 career NFL games was placed on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform list with a hip injury on Aug. 27, 2012.

yeah I heard he tripped on his way out of the doc's office and sprained his MCL lol

Don't be silly... he got a concussion while stretching in between a Meriweather/Robinson collision in pre-game warmups!

But in all seriousness... I wonder if he will really even be an upgrade with this much time off from injury. Probably best to use him in rotation for down and distance I would think. Welcome back Sundberg!!!

Don't be silly... he got a concussion while stretching in between a Meriweather/Robinson collision in pre-game warmups!

But in all seriousness... I wonder if he will really even be an upgrade with this much time off from injury. Probably best to use him in rotation for down and distance I would think. Welcome back Sundberg!!!

I would think if somewhat healthy he would be better than T. Polum.....hopefully he's 80-90% and can give us something...

I never thought he was ever that good for us.

Anyone know how he's been ranked among other right tackles since he has been here?

He has always played hurt since he's been here. He only got healthy once towards the end of 2010 I believe, and he looked good then.

Here is DJ Johnson NFL.com profile. Looks like he's been in the NFL 4 years & is 26. Not much info other then that tho.

http://www.nfl.com/player/djjohnson/2507560/profil...

Johnson (6-1, 191) signed to the Redskins’ practice squad on Oct. 23, 2012. He has appeared in 10 NFL games, all with the New York Giants, playing in three games in 2009 and seven games in 2010.

You think he is 100% yet? He hasn't played in a long, long time so I am praying that he is finally good to go?

I have no idea what to think. I certainly hope so. It was incredibly disappointing how he got hurt before training camp considering all the talk of how good he looked before that. But a 100% Brown is definitely better than Polumbus anytime.

Instead of bashing Jammal Brown, I think it might be wise for all of us to pull like hell for him. For the life of me, I don't understand the vitriol aimed at players who are injured. He was damaged goods when we traded for him, and he has not been healthy since he's been here. It would be different if he had a bad attitude or was a bad teammate. Neither of which apply in this case.

If he is finally healthy, he could be our answer a RT. He was a damn good football player (ProBowler) before he got hurt. Wouldn't it be nice if he is finally healthy and he could allow us to forget adding a RT in he offseason? Or would it be more fun for him to get re-injured so that we can make jokes about him on ES?

Instead of bashing Jammal Brown, I think it might be wise for all of us to pull like hell for him. For the life of me, I don't understand the vitriol aimed at players who are injured. He was damaged goods when we traded for him, and he has not been healthy since he's been here. It would be different if he had a bad attitude or was a bad teammate. Neither of which apply in this case.

If he is finally healthy, he could be our answer a RT. He was a damn good football player (ProBowler) before he got hurt. Wouldn't it be nice if he is finally healthy and he could allow us to forget adding a RT in he offseason? Or would it be more fun for him to get re-injured so that we can make jokes about him on ES?

Agree 100%. You can be a critic of the trade to bring him here, but now that he's here and healthy, we should hope like anything he ends up returning to form so we can cross one more need off of our list for next season.

Am I expecting he will return to form? Not really. But am I hoping he does? Definitely.

why so serious man?

We all want him to succeed but acquiring him has turned out to be a mixed bag (being generous there).

Besides we make jokes about every player lol

Archived