Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Talk...Hall out of practice probable for Sunday

SkinsCrushCowboys

Hall out of practice with flu, is probable for Sunday

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Hall-out-of-practice-with-flu-is-probabl?blockID=784501&feedID=6355

Redskins veteran DeAngelo Hall did not practice Friday because of the flu, Coach Mike Shanahan said.

The cornerback, however, is listed as probable on the team’s injury report, which means he’s likely to suit up Sunday when Washington hosts undefeated Atlanta at FedEx Field.

Safety Brandon Meriweather (knee) and cornerback Cedric Griffin (hamstring) will not play, Shanahan added.

Joining Hall as probable are: wide receiver Pierre Garçon (foot), left tackle Trent Williams (knee) and wide receiver/returner Brandon Banks (hips). All three played through their injuries in last week's victory over the Buccaneer.

Running back Evan Royster (knee) is listed as questionable, though he said he expects to play. He also suited up in Tampa.

Hope he can go.

Safety continues to be a bust for this team. We don't take the position seriously enough to take the right measures to solidify it for good

And the sad irony is that a few short years ago we spent high Number Ones on Sean Taylor and Laron Landry.

D Hall might be the most valuable player on our team right now, including RG3. We lose him, our secondary has zero.

really? hes one of our biggest problems on defense.

i would like to see if the backup cb can perform better. Cause honnestly we cant do any worse we are the worst passing d in the league.

---------- Post added October-5th-2012 at 11:20 PM ----------

D Hall might be the most valuable player on our team right now, including RG3. We lose him, our secondary has zero.

really? hes one of our biggest problems on defense.

i would like to see if the backup cb can perform better. Cause honnestly we cant do any worse we are the worst passing d in the league.

I'd say Trent and Fletch along with the aforementioned RGIII were the most vital components to this team.

If Trent goes down, I shudder to think how bad the line will become. Or how Robert will literally be running for his life. But I take your point on Hall. With the safety situation as bad as it is, and absolutely nothing of any worth or experience behind Hall and Wilson at corner, we seriously can't afford either of those two to miss any significant time. Crawford getting the experience would be nice. But it would be nicer if he could come into a stable situation. As things are, with no safety help. he'd have a ROUGH introduction to pro-life. As he's found out there already.

Hail.

Maybe i'm in the minority, but I think Hall's done a pretty good job this year. He's been beaten yes, but I think he's played some good ball...Wilson is getting beat a lot more this year than last year...As far as the Safety position goes, I'm not sure if we use our 2nd round pick on a safety or right tackle but both positions need to be addressed pronto

I'd say Trent and Fletch along with the aforementioned RGIII were the most vital components to this team.

If Trent goes down, I shudder to think how bad the line will become. Or how Robert will literally be running for his life. But I take your point on Hall. With the safety situation as bad as it is, and absolutely nothing of any worth or experience behind Hall and Wilson at corner, we seriously can't afford either of those two to miss any significant time. Crawford getting the experience would be nice. But it would be nicer if he could come into a stable situation. As things are, with no safety help. he'd have a ROUGH introduction to pro-life. As he's found out there already.

Hail.

I love London and it pains me to say this, but he is not playing very well at all, especially in the passing game. He's getting picked on every week by tall TEs. Gonzalas is licking his chops right now.

Trent and RG3 yes, but London isn't even our most important LB right now.

I love London and it pains me to say this, but he is not playing very well at all, especially in the passing game. He's getting picked on every week by tall TEs. Gonzalas is licking his chops right now.

I think every ILB in the league is gonna get beat by TE's. TE's are quickly becoming an impact position. No shame in that. He's still the heart and soul of our D. And I know at one point he was leading the team in tackles, not sure if he still is.

Dont forget that Tanard the retard really screwed us over..... If we still had him on the roster it wouldnt look as hopeless in the secondary.....

He would have easily been the best safety on the team this year.

---------- Post added October-6th-2012 at 10:07 AM ----------

Josh Wilson by the numbers is the best player in the secondary this year.

Safety continues to be a bust for this team. We don't take the position seriously enough to take the right measures to solidify it for good

I dont know - we spent 2 top 10 picks on the position. For very different reasons neither player worked out ......

More recently we are building the right way - high picks on QB, LT, OLB and free agent dollars on WR and DL. Only so many high picks and cap space to go around .....I'm sure next year though we will be looking hard at free agent options and draft options in round 2 and 3 in the secondary and at RT.

Since this thread is slipping into "what do we do next year" territory, I'll just throw out that I hope we add a piece on the DL. Doesn't really matter where. If we can snag a safety or RT in free agency, I wouldn't be mad if we looked at DE or NT in the 2nd round. You can get some players at those positions where we'll be picking. CB, more OL, and S would still be near the top, but a talented DE could slip.

I'm hoping a guy like Janoris Jenkins slips to the 2nd round for us. From what I've read, he's playing up to his potential so far.

And the sad irony is that a few short years ago we spent high Number Ones on Sean Taylor and Laron Landry.

When you consider that one of them was murdered and the other was expected to be Robin, not Batman, there's not much irony.

---------- Post added October-6th-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

A 5'11 LB having a tough time with Tony Gonzalez? Really? The only reason Gonzalez isn't in the Hall of Fame is because he didn't retire 5 years ago.

---------- Post added October-6th-2012 at 11:42 AM ----------

A 5'11 LB having a tough time with Tony Gonzalez? Really? The only reason Gonzalez isn't in the Hall of Fame is because he didn't retire 5 years ago.

Without Fletch, this is an entirely different defense (in a bad way). Fletch has been good all year.

Running downfield with your back to the QB while covering tight ends like Jimmy Graham and Jermaine Gresham is a tough assignment. Some of these QB's have been making good throws and the safeties have been late getting to the ball. Not a whole lot Fletch can do about it, except make that window as small as possible.

Archived