Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP: Armstrong won't challenge doping allegations; loses Tour titles (Lance to confess)

ixcuincle

For years we've talked about the jealous French and L'Equipe and how they kept trying to take down this bastion of American cycling, and he's shouted from the rooftops "I ain't done nothing wrong".

The last couple of days, however, have been frantic as multiple teammates now throw Lance right under the bus.

Tyler Hamilton called him out yesterday, and the interview will be on 60 minutes this Sunday. This is the 2nd teammate to do so, the first was Landis last year.

But what really makes it interesting is that YET ANOTHER teammate is throwing Lance under the bus.

http://twitter.com/Buster_ESPN/statuses/71729379172028416

Another former teammate of Lance Armstrong, other than Hamilton, tells feds he saw the cyclist use PEDS (http://bit.ly/lhBfkK).

**** is possibly going down.

Many cyclists were tainted and it's hard to believe anyone was clean. As much as I want to believe that Armstrong was legit, everything is collapsing right now. It's not just the French anymore. It's his own team. His own country's teammates.

http://www.cbssports.com/#!/general/story/15084553/report-hincapie-tells-authorities-armstrong-doped

But while Hamilton and Landis have credibility problems that Armstrong has pointed out -- both cyclists denied using drugs for years before changing their story and implicating Armstrong -- there aren't as many issues with Hincapie.

The 37-year-old cyclist from New York has no known positive tests. He was on the Postal team even before Armstrong and, once Armstrong joined it, the two were frequent roommates on the road.

When Landis alleged that drug use was common on the U.S. Postal team, Hincapie responded by saying, "It bothers me, because I've been doing this for 17 years and never heard anything bad about me."

It's over, Jonny.

What a shock.

Not.

What those Tour de France cyclists do is impossible for the human body. Every single one of them is cheating like mad.

Agreed.

The question is not whether he used PEDs, but whether they can produce any conclusive evidence (i.e., positive stored samples), rather than just 'he said' evidence of former teammates. Otherwise if you can't prove it conclusively, let it go already.

Agreed.

The question is not whether he used PEDs, but whether they can produce any conclusive evidence (i.e., positive stored samples), rather than just 'he said' evidence of former teammates. Otherwise if you can't prove it conclusively, let it go already.

Not sure why multiple eyewitness testimony isn't conclusive evidence. :whoknows:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Riders' on Lance's teams have said this for years, it's pretty much common thought/rumor/knowlegde with OTC athletes I know, including some of the cyclists. It's amazing he's skated out of this for so long. What a schmuck.

There are plenty of riders that don't cheat.

You wouldn't know their names though because they didn't cheat.

so it should take away.

So they should just give the titles to the guy who came in 100th place.

This one is especially bad for Armstrong. You could argue away the statements of Hamilton and Landis because they were caught using and it could be argued they were jealous and trying to turn the eyes on Armstrong and away from them.

Hincapie though? Always a solid teammate, never caught doing anything, doesn't need money, and Armstrong has always spoken very highly of him. His testimony would be damning.

Don't know the guy personally but he seems like a total fame whore douchebag to me.

I don't know. Seems to me like he's doing good things for cancer awareness/research. I don't really follow him closely though.

Not sure why multiple eyewitness testimony isn't conclusive evidence. :whoknows:

So far the only eyewitnesses that have spoken out happen to be speaking out when they have a book about to come out. Hincapie's article doesn't actually quote him

This one is especially bad for Armstrong. You could argue away the statements of Hamilton and Landis because they were caught using and it could be argued they were jealous and trying to turn the eyes on Armstrong and away from them.

Hincapie though? Always a solid teammate, never caught doing anything, doesn't need money, and Armstrong has always spoken very highly of him. His testimony would be damning.

His testimony would. I wonder why he didn't say anything when asked about his testimony?

I think Armstrong used PEDs. If for no other reason than he beat a bunch of others that were using PEDs. I guess if all the elites are using these drugs(and it certainly seems they are) then the playing field is level....even if dishonest. Like the steroid enhanced hitter knocking a homer off the steroid enhanced pitcher. Or Arnold Schwarzenegger dominating other drug enhanced body builders. Without something I doubt Armstrong would have won. I doubt any clean cyclist, if there is such a thing, would win. I still think winning 7 is pretty impressive

Ask that question of the Tour de France organizers. If it is conclusive, then Armstrong's wins should be vacated, no?

Don't know the guy personally but he seems like a total fame whore douchebag to me.

:doh:

You know why I don't care about this? As opposed to every other cheating douchebag that used PEDs? Because Lance has dedicated his life to fundraising for cancer research and has raised hundreds of millions of dollars.

Cancer research > riding a bicycle.

If he lied, shame on him...but he's more than made up for it by what he's done outside if cycling. The reality is, the Tour de France is a sporting event. Cancer is real life.

Archived