Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Led Zeppelin fans

Spiritinthesky

Best rock band of all time. I just missed out on them. My concert career started in '79 and we moved from DC to New Mexico that year so it was the Cap Center (which kicked ass at the time) to the Pan American Center. Yeah, I'd never heard of it either. To her credit, Barbara Hubbard the musical director of NMSU at the time had some pull so we did get some bigger shows but no Zep. And then it was over.

Seen some bootlegged concert footage and TSRTS a couple hundred times.

Houses of the Holy is still the best album ever...

One of the Best songs ever written:carouselambra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mOcNj8otI

---------- Post added January-26th-2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

an article on the wheaton zeppelin show... I remember hearing about this in the 80's. My buddies uncles claims he was there...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/08/AR2009030801927_2.html

I still like to watch the "reunion" show from the O2 arena in London, it's excellent. Have you heard about Jimmy Page's new book? I heard it's about 650 pages full of photographs of himself. Here's the kicker, it costs approx $685.

Anyways I love the band. "In my time of dying" is just simply incredible.

Saw them in 77 at cap center. Not one of the best concerts I've seen. Started 2 1/2 hours late, obviously very wasted and John Bonham did a 45 minute timpani solo. Pretty disappointing performance but they really were a good band.

By my math that would have made you about 8 years old.

Probably did seem like a long show.

I never did get to see them, Bonham died just as they were about to go on the tour I would have likely had my chance.

But the question "Do you like Led Zeppelin" has always been answered with that look that says "What, are you from some other planet or something?"

led_zeppelin_led_zeppelin_iii-SD19128-1241299326.jpeg

Definitely my favorite, and one of my favorite albums of all time.

~Bang

Saw them in 77 at cap center. Not one of the best concerts I've seen. Started 2 1/2 hours late, obviously very wasted and John Bonham did a 45 minute timpani solo. Pretty disappointing performance but they really were a good band.

I wonder if it was this show. I have a bootleg box set of albums from the cap center May 30 1977

front-1.jpg

bksongs.jpg

I love Led Zeppelin! I used to crank them in my ipod growing up every time I had to cut our grass. It made mowing so much more exciting. Now every summer, when I can smell freshly cut grass and the sun is hot, it's like a habit to listen to them.

My favorite album is Physical Graffiti.

Unfortunately I was born in 1990, so I never got to see them live.

I wonder if it was this show. I have a bootleg box set of albums from the cap center May 30 1977

Wow I've never seen that. If I'm not mistaken there was just one show at the CC in 77 so that has to be the gig. You have a 45+min timpani solo on that set?? I still remember that to this day. What a nightmare.

Here's a dirty little secret: Most concerts before the early 90s were terrible.

I went to a few stadium shows in the mid to late 80s, and the sound systems were almost always terrible. It was like listening to the PA announcer at a high school basketball game half the time. Echo and distortion and bad mixes combined with poor site lines.

It was the ampitheater boom of the early 90s that made concerts tolerable. State of the art sound systems, proper mixing and all seats facing the stage...yes...it took the concert industry 50 years to figure that out.

So, those of you lamenting missing the Stones on the Exile Tour....you weren't missing much.

(Now, if you happened to catch a band on the rise at a smaller theater...well...that would be something else. I'm sure Springsteen at the Main Point in '76 was transcendent. Him at RFK? Eh.....)

Houses of the Holy is still the best album ever...

One of the Best songs ever written:carouselambra

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1mOcNj8otI

---------- Post added January-26th-2011 at 02:58 PM ----------

an article on the wheaton zeppelin show... I remember hearing about this in the 80's. My buddies uncles claims he was there...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/03/08/AR2009030801927_2.html

Carouselambra was on "In Through The Outdoor", which I think was their best. Great songs all the way through.

1. "In the Evening"

2. "South Bound Saurez"

3. "Fool in the Rain"

4. "Hot Dog"

Side two

1. "Carouselambra"

2. "All My Love"

3. "I'm Gonna Crawl"

(Now' date=' if you happened to catch a band on the rise at a smaller theater...well...that would be something else. I'm sure Springsteen at the Main Point in '76 was transcendent. Him at RFK? Eh.....)[/quote']

My dad went to college on Long Island and got to see Bruce in a hole in the wall bar before he was anybody.

I'm extremely jealous.

I never got to see them. I was planning on it when they were making plans to go on tour for the "In through the out door" tour. They are the one band that if they were to go on tour again, I would pay todays concert prices to see. I would pay $500 a ticket if I had to.

On another note, check out the documentary "It might get loud". I heard it is on netflix on watch now. It's Jimmy Page, Edge and Jack White talking about how they got into music. Sometimes they just pick up a guitar and start playing. Check out this 25 second youtube video from it. Jimmy picks up a guitar and starts to play Whole Lotta Love. Edge and Jack White look like kids looking through a candy store window. The grins are great.

Archived