Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth Interview with Kevin & Rock 106.7 The Fan (9/25)

TheDiplomat

http://soundcloud.com/kevinandrock/albert-haynesworth-interview

Interview took place when the Skins landed in STL today.

Really hard to have a super strong emotion to this interview. Liked the fact that he said there is ZERO locker room distractions, their a brotherhood/family. Also liked that he bought some redskins staff members tv's. So he's not a total dick and he sounded somewhat human in this interview.

Still don't like the fact that DT to NT is such a big ****ing deal to him. You could hear it in his voice. He and the co-host both think he had a reason to be pissed about his position change (compared it to asking McNabb play WR which is COMPLETELY different considering it's not the same position) Also he still intends to skip OTA's next year.

All in all, hope he comes out and plays lights out the rest of the year and earns a starting spot. When he wants to beast on the field, the man can BEAST on the field. He knows that. We all know that. Time to show it.

EDIT:

Also wanted to post this pretty interesting tweet earlier in the day from Chris Russell

@Russellmania09

Two #Redskins sources say that Haynesworth was terrific in practice Thurs/Friday, one saying 'he was kicking everybody's ass' #nfl

http://soundcloud.com/kevinandrock/albert-haynesworth-interview

Interview took place when the Skins landed in STL today.

Really hard to have a super strong emotion to this interview. Liked the fact that he said there is ZERO locker room distractions, their a brotherhood/family. Also liked that he bought some redskins staff members tv's. So he's not a total dick and he sounded somewhat human in this interview.

Still don't like the fact that DT to NT is such a big ****ing deal to him.

Going from a DT to a NT position can be a big deal... believe it or not.

I've liked Haynesworth the person, for the most part, since I saw the Haynesworth takes cleanliness seriously last year (though man, the Z-man looks dorky there). How seriously can he take himself if he's doling out hand sanitizer?

Now that's also his problem, perhaps -- that he doesn't take the game seriously enough. Still, listening to interviews and watching him not doing football tells me he's a decent guy when he's not angry.

Okay, Coach McGee. Don't make him angry. You're not going to like him when he's angry.

Typical media. Always portraying Albert as the bad guy... Can't wait until 92 isn't haynesworth in a redskins jersey

You act like Haynesworth was being used as a meatpuppet and he didn't actually mean to say "Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but just because, that don’t mean I’m for sale or a slave." What a ****ing douche. Do what the coaches tell you and play at 100% you fat piece of ****.

I haven't listened to the interview yet, but saw this tweeted (and retweeted) a few places.

Haynesworth to K&R "Yeah, I signed the contract and got paid a lot of money, but just because, that don’t mean I’m for sale or a slave."

Really Albert? I was ready to be hopeful and listen to the interview (I still will later) until I read that.

Hate to break it some here, putting aside Albert's personality or conduct issues, you can't compare a FS/SS transition with one-gap DT and NT (or even DE) in a 3-4. The only guy that stands out that would have been fantastic at DE in either scheme was Bruce Smith. Perhaps the late Reggie White (RIP), but likely you'd want him to be worried about just getting upfield and destroying anyone in his way.

But for the most part, while a guy could be 'competent' making a switch I can't imagine a "prime" Warren Sapp playing 3-4 NT or even DE. It's a waste of his ability. I'd say the transition is more like moving a guy from MLB to OLB but perhaps worse. Sure, some can adjust but would you waste Lawrence Taylor at MLB?

Archived