Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion

JMS

OK, I think it's safe to say. The kid gloves are off... I can't believe they went there.. Talk about "Not Helpful"!!

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate "whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.”

Palin is an opponent of abortion rights and gave birth to her fifth child, Trig, earlier this year after finding out during her pregnancy that the baby had Down syndrome.

Fowler told my colleague Alex Burns in an interview that the selection of an opponent of abortion rights would not boost McCain among many women.

“Among Democratic women and even among independent women, I don’t think it helped him,” she said.

Told of McCain's boost in the new ABC/Washington Post among white women following the Palin pick, Fowler said: "Just anecdotally, I believe that those white women are Republican women anyway."

UPDATE -- Carol Fowler releases a statement of apology: "I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive. I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it’s the environment, the economy, the war or a woman’s right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue. That was the only point I was attempting to make."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0908/SC_Dem_chair_Palin_primary_qualification_is_she_hasnt_had_an_abortion_.html?showall

The Dems are running scared, and their venom only hurts their cause.

With the polls being what they are now with McCann leading. The Gallop poll today has McCain with a 10 point lead nationally. The Dems are imploding!

"He's losing his mind, and I'm reaping the benefits" - the wedding singer

The Gallop poll today has McCain with a 10 point lead nationally. The Dems are imploding!

So, um, this is FALSE....

the 10 point Gallup poll is from a DAILY poll. Daily, for those that don't know, means daily......

10% after the convention. 1 week later, it's now a 4 point lead on the same poll.

That means he DROPED 6 points....

http://www.gallup.com/poll/110227/Gallup-Daily-McCain-48-Obama-44.aspx

the 10 point Gallup poll is from a DAILY poll. Daily, for those that don't know, means daily......

10% after the convention. 1 week later, it's now a 4 point lead on the same poll.

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can explain to some people the difference between "succeed" and "secede".

Any thoughts on the thread?

I agree with the OP, I don't see what gains could be made from a comment like that.. Pretty stupid

Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can explain to some people the difference between "succeed" and "secede".

Any thoughts on the thread?

I agree with the OP, I don't see what gains could be made from a comment like that.. Pretty stupid

Sure - It was a stupid thing to say and repersents her views and not others.

eerrr. I read the wrong one! Point is look at the polls McCain is clearly winning.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/polls/

Poll Date Sample McCain ® Obama (D) Spread

RCP Average 09/05 - 09/10 -- 47.7 45.2 McCain +2.5

Gallup Tracking 09/08 - 09/10 2718 RV 48 44 McCain +4

Hotline/FD Tracking 09/08 - 09/10 902 RV 46 44 McCain +2

Rasmussen Tracking 09/08 - 09/10 3000 LV 48 48 Tie

FOX News 09/08 - 09/09 900 RV 45 42 McCain +3

NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 09/06 - 09/08 860 RV 45 46 Obama +1

ABC News/Wash Post 09/05 - 09/07 LV 49 47 McCain +2

USA Today/Gallup 09/05 - 09/07 823 LV 54 44 McCain +10

CBS News 09/05 - 09/07 655 RV 46 44 McCain +2

CNN/OpinionResearch 09/05 - 09/07 942 RV 48 48 Tie

Or perhaps people could be spelling Nazis in the actual thread where the heinous offense occurred? This is the second post I've seen in the last few minutes complaining about somebody's spelling mistake from some other, unspecified, thread.

Larry's Opinion: (Should I have underlined that?)

1) Yep, it was a stupid thing to say. If it was a reference to "she should have aborted her kid", then it's outrageously offensive. If it wasn't then as a politician he should at least have known that it could be interpreted that way.

2) And frankly, her primary qualification is her gender. She was picked because she was a woman without a record that could be attacked, based strictly on the assumption that anybody who'll vote for Hillary will vote for anybody who has breasts.

Or perhaps people could be spelling Nazis in the actual thread where the heinous offense occurred? This is the second post I've seen in the last few minutes complaining about somebody's spelling mistake from some other, unspecified, thread.

Perhaps. I thought since he was clearing up what "daily" meant maybe he could fix that one also as he came across it.

I'm really beginning to think this is the dems' battle plan.

Make your baseless attack and insult, then apologize for it. That way, you plant the seed of the baseless attack/insult, and at the same time appear to be taking the high road.

DjTj was actually the one who pointed that out to me, and I think there's some merit to it.

Larry's Opinion: (Should I have underlined that?)

2) And frankly, her primary qualification is her gender. She was picked because she was a woman without a record that could be attacked, based strictly on the assumption that anybody who'll vote for Hillary will vote for anybody who has breasts.

Personally, I think vagina would have been a better word choice than breasts. But hey that's me. :D

Everyone is so outraged about this.

I agree that it was a stupid and offensive thing to say...

but I also remember all the commentators talking about Palin the day she was chosen, and the very first thing they said was that this pick would fire up the evangelical base of the GOP because Palin had decided to have a Down's baby rather than get an abortion. I seem to recall Sean Hannity talking about what a great American Palin was for doing that. Etc.

So how is this a baseless attack, exactly?

Tasteless, sure. But baseless?

but I also remember all the commentators talking about Palin the day she was chosen, and the very first thing they said was that this pick would fire up the evangelical base of the GOP because Palin had decided to have a Down's baby rather than get an abortion. I seem to recall Sean Hannity talking about what a great American Palin was for doing that. Etc.

I don't think that anyone thinks it's baseless but it is tasteless and even her "apology" was half assed. Coincidentally, her husband was the guy on the plane joking about the hurricane and god when it came to the convention. Lovely couple. Hope they didn't spawn. ;)

Anyways, it just proves that not everything that crosses your mind should pass through your lips. :2cents: I don't think that there was any malice in what she said, the filter in her mind wasn't working.

Saying that the conservative lemmings support Palin because of the birth of her child, is just as stupid as accusing liberal lemmings of supporting Obama based solely on change without a plan.

I am pro-LIFE *edit, doh*, but her delivery of that child has ZERO to do with my support for her. No, I'm more interested in tax cuts (which she provided), gun rights (which she endorses), the Establishment Clause (which I'm sure she sees similar to the way I do), and her challenging of corruption (which might've avoided things like NSA and mail-opening.)

But I know, this is going to be another one of those times that when conservative Christians are referenced, I'll get the old, "No, not you hog. All the other ones." :rolleyes:

I don't think that anyone thinks it's baseless but it is tasteless and even her "apology" was half assed. Coincidentally, her husband was the guy on the plane joking about the hurricane and god when it came to the convention. Lovely couple. Hope they didn't spawn. ;)

Anyways, it just proves that not everything that crosses your mind should pass through your lips. :2cents: I don't think that there was any malice in what she said, the filter in her mind wasn't working.

Before, you suggested that the Obama campaign was directly behind this comment. After thinking about it more, do you still think this to be the case - that Obama's people told her to say this or even wanted her to say this?

Before, you suggested that the Obama campaign was directly behind this comment. After thinking about it more, do you still think this to be the case - that Obama's people told her to say this or even wanted her to say this?

No. I thought about it and think its more of a brain dead comment from a random dumbass politician than a concerted effort to slander Palin.

Oh man, I forgot that her husband was the guy caught on camera talking about God and Gustav. What gems. Someone needs to install an internal filter in both their brains.

No. I thought about it and think its more of a brain dead comment from a random dumbass politician than a concerted effort to slander Palin.
Agreed.

Archived