Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

S.C. Dem chair: Palin primary qualification is she hasn't had an abortion

JMS

Saying that the conservative lemmings support Palin because of the birth of her child, is just as stupid as accusing liberal lemmings of supporting Obama based solely on change without a plan.

I am pro-choice, but her delivery of that child has ZERO to do with my support for her. No, I'm more interested in tax cuts (which she provided), gun rights (which she endorses), the Establishment Clause (which I'm sure she sees similar to the way I do), and her challenging of corruption (which might've avoided things like NSA and mail-opening.)

But I know, this is going to be another one of those times that when conservative Christians are referenced, I'll get the old, "No, not you hog. All the other ones." :rolleyes:

Well, I sincerely hope that Sean Hannity stops insulting you like that. I can certainly understand why he would get your hackles up. :)

Anyhow, I am strongly getting the sense that Governor Palin is not exactly the person that the McCain campaign originally portrayed her to be, not on taxes, certainly not on earmarks, not on much of anything. She IS strongly gun rights, and she MIGHT have a good record on corruption (but its hard to get any details on that). Other than that, who knows? The McCain camp won't let her answer any questions and attacks anyone who asks any.

I don't think that conservatives like her just because of the birth of her child. I do think that conservatives WANT to like her because of personal qualities like the birth of her child and her evangelical religious background, and other than that she is pretty much a blank slate.

We shall see how it all pans out, but please remember - not all questions are "baseless attacks," especially not when you don't provide any information of your own.

We shall see how it all pans out, but please remember - not all questions are "baseless attacks," especially not when you don't provide any information of your own.

Interesting. I thought I pointed out a number of reasons why the idea that her having her child was not her "primary qualification."

My bad.

Interesting. I thought I pointed out a number of reasons why the idea that her having her child was not her "primary qualification."

My bad.

No, my bad in the way I said what I was saying.

I was referring to the fact that the McCain campaign is limiting information about Palin, so people naturally fill in the blanks as they see fit.

I was not referring to H_H failing to list reasons why he likes Palin in his post.

My bad articulation of my point - sorry.

Archived