Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

East Coast Vs West Coast

Tour of Duty

Yes but BigMike is in SoCal

:silly:

:(

I love DC and the everything from the NE to the deep south for its architecture to its culture but for pure weather and enviornment you gotta love california (particularly SoCal).

But I miss lightning, lightning bugs and leaves changing colors.

I loved San Diego and I loved L.A. But I hated Vegas (which is West Coast but different.) I also love the D.C. area.

I don't know. Both have their pluses and minuses. I'm happy where I'm at now but it's more of a D.C. thing than an East Coast thing.

So I guess overall, for me personally, DMV > West Coast > East Coast. If that makes sense.

Oh and all trump Texas. Texas just sucked period. The 3rd Coast. Lame.

SoCal, to the best of my knowledge, has no mountains, no real green vegatation, and no skiing. Therefore, I can not say it is the best place in the U.S. I'll take Colorado, despite its lack of beach front property...

But way to limit your options to the coasts. :thumbsups:

As an East Coast guy who spent a decade in the Midwest and ended up in California, it's no contest for me.

Everyplace has its charms, no place is perfect, but California (particularly NORTHERN California) is simply the best this country has to offer.

There are things I miss about DC (especially the Redskins) but when I am back there visiting, I start to miss about 10 times more things about San Francisco.

I'm partial to the east coast(MD in particular). The west coast is a tad bit overrated IMO.

I live in San Diego.

From any given spot going less then an hour in any direction I can be in a different country, the ocean, downtown, the mountains, the desert or the snow.

thats not really overrated in my book. :2cents:

SoCal, to the best of my knowledge, has no mountains, no real green vegatation, and no skiing. Therefore, I can not say it is the best place in the U.S. I'll take Colorado, despite its lack of beach front property...

The best of your knowledge is wrong. The LA Basin is hemmed in by mountains, there is skiing 90 minutes from downtown LA. It is drier in Cali, but there is plenty of nature and green.

Add in the fact that Denver is deathly dull as a city and has only the mountains to recommend it, and there is no comparison.

Of course, San Francisco is even better, but we have to drive a whole 3 hours to get to Tahoe. :silly:

I like the people, the seasons and the food on the East Coast.

The nuts in SoCal drive me nuts. They say if you want to find one person to go to the movies with, make sure 10 say they will.

It took living in Vegas for a few years to learn to appreciate the East Coast attitude.

Culture is split. I live between NYC and Philly so I get a bit of everything, while living in the country and you just can't find that in to many places.

Although, I am always thinking of where to move to next. I've got some great offers to go to Seattle, Dallas and Montreal.

:(

I love DC and the everything from the NE to the deep south for its architecture to its culture but for pure weather and enviornment you gotta love california (particularly SoCal).

But I miss lightning, lightning bugs and leaves changing colors.

You know I'm just messin with ya.

Haven't been to the West Coast yet, Lake Tahoe is the closest I've gotten but I do like the idea that you're able to get to the mountains AND the beach with a reasonable drive.

Mammoth Mountain isnt too far and has some of the best skiing and snowboarding you can find.

Bear mountain is about a 2 hour drive from any where in LA/OC. I've gone surfing in the morning and night snowboarding in the same day before. Theres not many places other than So Cal that you can do that.

I live in San Diego.

From any given spot going less then an hour in any direction I can be in a different country, the ocean, downtown, the mountains, the desert or the snow.

thats not really overrated in my book. :2cents:

I spent part of my childhood in San Diego (Dad in the Navy) and I liked it.

That being said, I still like the D.C. area better.

Now if you want to put Hawaii in the mix...then we can talk. :)

well I am biased, never been to the West coast, but East Coast :) I love my area. Nothing beats being 80 degrees one day and 32 the next...or even better this year I got to see a beautiful snow storm....with lightning. Besides I'll take our extreme weather over earthquakes anyday. But someday I look forward to visiting the West coast. my cousin lives out that way.

yeah, youve never heard of big bear have you.

or the carlsbad flower fields.

dude, what have you heard of?

I spent part of my childhood in San Diego (Dad in the Navy) and I liked it.

That being said, I still like the D.C. area better.

Now if you want to put Hawaii in the mix...then we can talk. :)

see I am the opposite because I grew up in PG County in the 80s/early 90s so all I remember is PCP, crack and lots of murder. I ran as soon as I turned 18 and hit the beach in SD where it was all, "duuuuuuuude" and surfers gettin blazed and thought i was better off here.

If I continue to learn the love and passion of wine, I may end up in Oregon or Napa sooner than a year.

I know some people with vineyards out in Napa and would love to be forgotten happily there.

I spent last weekend up on an estate in Healdsburg planted with 150 acres of Zinfandel. Just us and the vines and the balcony and the swimming pool... pretty sweet living.

I spent last weekend up on an estate in Healdsburg planted with 150 acres of Zinfandel. Just us and the vines and the balcony and the swimming pool... pretty sweet living.

Beautiful.

Good people, good conversation, good food and good wine.

I can't think of what else I need.

I love things about Cali but I love things about the east coast...

Cali Pros:

*the Coaster (runs from northern san diego county to the gaslamp quarter...love it and love that you can drink on it...the ideal way to get to padres games)

*GORGEOUS beaches

*No humidity (that is the biggest plus, in my opinion)

*close to vegas (which I LOVE...i wouldn't live there, but i love being there)

*the roads are bigger and more spread out

*The governator!

Cali Cons:

*EXPENSIVE...cost of living, gas, everything is more expensive out here

*no thunderstorms or snow (in san diego anyway)

*things aren't close together and it takes a long time to get anywhere

*Very desert-y in the south (I like northern cali and the rain and the green up there)

*LIBERAL!

*Lots of natural disasters

VA Pros:

*Fast pace of life...I enjoy that

*things are close together

*4 seasons

*REDSKINS!

*better schools

VA Cons:

*humidity in the summer

...that's pretty much my one gripe with VA... so I think East Coast trumps West...the rest of the East coast is just cooler, anyway :)

Archived