Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent Shopping List 2007

Fury010

OK Kids, Now that we have been good little fans this year, Mr Snyder will be shopping this March and has a nice list to pick from. Here are the Free Agents next year. Some are restricted (RFA) and others are unrestricted (UFA).

OL- Max Starks (RFA) Pittsburgh

OL- Leonard Davis (UFA) Arizona

OL- Mike Gandy (UFA) Buffalo

DL- Dwight Freeney (UFA) Colts

DL- Jared Allen (UFA) Chiefs

DL- Vonnie Holliday (UFA) Miami

DL- Terdell Sands (UFA) Raiders

LB- Cato June (UFA) Colts

LB- Na'il Diggs (UFA) Panthers

LB- Lance Briggs (UFA) Bears

LB- Adalius Thomas (UFA) Ravens

LB- London Fletcher (UFA) Bills

LB- Rob Morris (UFA) Colts

DB- Nate Clements (UFA) Bills

DB- Jason David (RFA) Colts

DB- Nick Harper (UFA) Colts

DB- Asante Samuel (UFA) Patriots

K- Josh Brown (UFA) Seahawks

Will we be shoppers or savers this year? Have you been good little fans this year?

Lance Briggs is our guy. Negotiations between him and Chicago have broken down and he's going to test the market. The Question is going to be whether the franchise tag comes into play.

Jarred Allen would be great, no way Kansas will let him go though. Same with Freeney. Other than that I only see Clements and possibly Samuel as other candidates.

I think the last thing people wanna read about is what Free Agents are out there after our last bunch that was brought into DC

The issue isn't so much bringing FAs in but what kind. Carter and Archuletta were busts waiting to happen from day one. Neither had performed at the highest level for quite some time, and in Carters case, he hadn't even played the position we signed him for in over two years.

Here's my problem...

People on this forum keep saying, "I don't want any of these guys, let's draft someone."

And you know what? I'd agree with you. But every season it's almost an absolute necessity to sign at least some players... We are going to sign one or two players and we'll probably sign at least one big name.

The question isn't what we're going to do, because I think it's fairly obvious we're going to take the low road on free agency this season, who is the question...

And the who changes on availability. Right now I'd say realistically it's gonna be Clements.

Here's my problem...

People on this forum keep saying, "I don't want any of these guys, let's draft someone."

And you know what? I'd agree with you. But every season it's almost an absolute necessity to sign at least some players... We are going to sign one or two players and we'll probably sign at least one big name.

The question isn't what we're going to do, because I think it's fairly obvious we're going to take the low road on free agency this season, who is the question...

And the who changes on availability. Right now I'd say realistically it's gonna be Clements.

Bingo. Great Post. Anyone who doesn't think the Skins aren't gonna sign at least one mid tier free agent is kidding themselves.

I think the last thing people wanna read about is what Free Agents are out there after our last bunch that was brought into DC

I don't have a problem with the FA's we signed. I think both Randle El and Lloyd we be great additions. As far as Archulatta and Carter I challenge anyone to tell name someone on our Defense that has played up to par, even Taylor and Washington are missing routine tackles. Give our FA class some time and then evaluate.

Here's my problem...

I'm not so sure about Nate Clements. So far in FA no one has been signed over the 5million/year threshold. I think that is their limit on free agents as silly as it sounds. But its funny that the rumors have already started with Clements. Remember how they avoided Jevon Kearse? I really believe that Nate will look for something in the 7-7.5 million per year range. Who knows with this organization, nothing surpises me anymore.

Lance Briggs is our guy. Negotiations between him and Chicago have broken down and he's going to test the market. The Question is going to be whether the franchise tag comes into play.

Jarred Allen would be great, no way Kansas will let him go though. Same with Freeney. Other than that I only see Clements and possibly Samuel as other candidates.

Clements would be interesting. I hope the Colts do something to hold onto Freeney, because he's the type of player the Redskins brass loves...overrated and overpaid. :2cents:

:dallasuck

Archived