Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Free Agent Shopping List 2007

Fury010

Here's my problem...

People on this forum keep saying, "I don't want any of these guys, let's draft someone."

And you know what? I'd agree with you. But every season it's almost an absolute necessity to sign at least some players... We are going to sign one or two players and we'll probably sign at least one big name.

The question isn't what we're going to do, because I think it's fairly obvious we're going to take the low road on free agency this season, who is the question...

And the who changes on availability. Right now I'd say realistically it's gonna be Clements.

I don't mind a blue collar FA or 2, but no more big name/big contract guys. We don't need it. We've got plenty of big names already. Clements has not been playing particularly well and will get a big contract. No thanks.

There is a thought... Some teams are perpetually under the cap by a country mile but they also get caught up in this can we afford him saga .

Some of those teams... the Colts for example cannot keep paying the big money because they simply don't have it ...so they remain under the cap (Edge went last year despite them having a boat load of space)...

We tend to be able to give big bonuses then spred the cost over the years because the skins are a cash rich club . This way we have players with big flash contracts with salaries just over the vet minimum.

From the list..

Nate Clements seems interersting or Asunte Sammuels

Other than that I will mostly pass... Allen would be great but DT and the draft is more alluring

I don't mind a blue collar FA or 2, but no more big name/big contract guys. We don't need it. We've got plenty of big names already. Clements has not been playing particularly well and will get a big contract. No thanks.

For the record I'm not saying who I'd want... Just what/who our FO is going to do.

Give me Asante Samuel and Josh Brown. We could get both for hte price of Nate Clements or Lance Brings or Dwight Freeney.

If we do want a LB it should be Cato June. Put him and Marcus outside and then Marshall/McIntosh battle it out for the inside.

Stay away from Lance Briggs and Nate Clements. Both are overrated and will want huge money.

For the record I'm not saying who I'd want... Just what/who our FO is going to do.

I don't think so. I think Gibbs will go back to doing business the was he did after the '04 season. Look for value guys that fit in.

I believe jared allen will be a RFA,been in the league just 3 years,not 4.

I'd snap up lance briggs,and place him at MLB. he has the coverage,range,and tackling abilities to excell there.make McIntosh and Marshall battle for the outside and M.Washington is a lock to still play

if Allen was a UFA I'd want him to but he's a RFA I'm pretty sure.

Freeney wouldn't do anything here,we don't allow our DE's to play as pass rushers.

I am in favor of using free agency but only in a limited fashion. There are certaing positions that I would not want to address through the draft such as cornerback. In the last few years what corner that has gone in the first round has really lived up to expectations?

The ideal offseason would be as follows for me:

1. Sign Nate Clements

2. Sign a 2nd tier linebacker who can swing between MLB and WLB

I think if we go out and sign multiple big name, high money free agents that ramifications will be felt in the locker room as our own players will question or managements ability and rationale. This should be an offseason like 2 years agao when we signed a Rabach on the 1st day of free agency but otherwise were inactive.....

Lance Briggs is our guy. Negotiations between him and Chicago have broken down and he's going to test the market. The Question is going to be whether the franchise tag comes into play.

Jarred Allen would be great, no way Kansas will let him go though. Same with Freeney. Other than that I only see Clements and possibly Samuel as other candidates.

The problem with Clements is he beleives he should be paid in line with the top 3 CB in the leauge. I think he's good, but not that good.

Dockery and Rabach

Wrong two, at least in my opinion...

Replacing Rabach wouldn't be too out of the question, but his play actually hasn't been that horrendous...

The guy that need to be replaced is good old Jon Jansen. He's been a human pinata this season. He's taken more licks than a tootsie roll blow pop. He's the proverbial drum to defenses drum stick. The yin to the yang.

I guess I'm trying to say he's frickin' awful.

Yes let's start looking at the free agency market...it has worked so well for us so far.

To quote Dennis Hopper's character from "24", "When Plan-A doesn't work you move onto Plan-B. You don't do Plan-A recycled."

We have been doing Plan-A for so long it's time for a new Plan...you'd think the F-O would get that idea by now. Oh yeah that's right this is Dan Snyder's team...it's all about marketing & creating a buzz about the team with all of the jerseys we get to see at a press conference in April.

Sorry about my ranting & raving...I am just so frustrated by everything I have seen with this team...with the exception of 2 playoff appearances this franchise has been good at generating buzz in March & April....not during the season.

Archived