Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

phillip daniel's son picked as the No. 1 wide receiver on the TSN 2011 preseason All-America Football Team

joeknows

Clearly, statistics don't mean everything in sports ... and in the case of Vernon Hills High football player DaVaris Daniels, they mean next-to-nothing. Consider this: Last fall, the 6-foot-3, 175-pound Daniels caught all of 20 passes while playing 11 games for the Vernon Hills Cougars.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/newssun/sports/bonato/2176292,5_2_WA20_EXTRAPOINT_S1-100420.article

sorry mods if this is the wrong place for this.... please kindly move to tailgate if that would be more appropriate. i thought that since this is phil daniels boy maybe it was relevent. ill take your cue as to where to post next time..... thank you.

The item on DaVaris says all the major college grid programs are in the running for his services, including Notre Dame and Illinois.

We, of course, would love to see him playing pitch-and-catch at Notre Dame with Lake Forest High grad Tommy Rees, who will be a freshman QB with the Irish in the fall, and is one year ahead of DaVaris in school.

Very nice.

Good luck to the boy.

One can only hope if he does make it to the pro's, he's got a way better attitude and approach than his complete jerk of a father in his treatment of the fans that will be contributing keeping him in riches most can only dream about.

Hail.

please explain why you say his dad is a jerk. i have had multiple conversations with the man in another venue and he seems to be really down to earth and nice. did i miss something??

Sarcasm?

Did I over do the contempt? And I was trying so hard to be subtle. :doh:.

Actually, scrap that, "contempt's" a tad strong. But I have little to zero respect for the guy anymore.

please explain why you say his dad is a jerk. i have had multiple conversations with the man in another venue and he seems to be really down to earth and nice. did i miss something??

Apparently you've forgotten his blogged attack and insult to every last one in of us after last years Chiefs loss at FedEx on those that had the gall to boo after yet another on-field disgrace from him and his teammates as "fair weather fans"; because "true" fans put up with any **** put in front of them they've paid to see and take it on the chin without complaint. He then went on to slam KC and say the better team lost, after a game in which the Redskins had put up a whopping 6 points. 6 points and they deserved to win the game.

Another with an over inflated opinion of himself that can't accept justified criticism and reaction.

Hail.

I'm pretty sure he's being sarcastic. Daniels is definitely one of the most caring, class act redskins of the past decade. You couldnt ask him to treat the fans any better than he does.

EDIT: i guess he wasnt kidding lol

Just to get back on track here again, I have nothing but well wishes for him. You never know where our future players will come from.

Plus I'd like to think his dad would advise him to holdout for a trade if the son were drafted by the Giants, Eagles or Cowboys.;)

Apparently you've forgotten his blogged attack and insult to every last one in of us after last years Chiefs loss at FedEx on those that had the gall to boo after yet another on-field disgrace from him and his teammates as "fair weather fans"; because "true" fans put up with any **** put in front of them they've paid to see and take it on the chin without complaint. He then went on to slam KC and say the better team lost, after a game in which the Redskins had put up a whopping 6 points. 6 points and they deserved to win the game.

Another with an over inflated opinion of himself that can't accept justified criticism and reaction.

Hail.

ok i honestly didnt forget i just never knew or saw that. but i will tell you this.... last couple of years have been tough for us all. maybe the guy just had a moment when his emotions got the best of him.

from the conversations i have had with him .... he is a very nice guy who loves playing for the redskins... he is VERY family oriented and has spent the entire off season vacationing with his family, celebrating his sons success and celebrating his 12th wedding anniversary.....IN BETWEEN WORKOUTS.

i will post some of his workout vids in the near future. the man has been working very hard to improve his strength. Shanny wants him to put on 20 lbs before the season and the man is doing some serious lifting trying to get there.

maybe you should consider giving the guy a break as none of us know what kind of pressure these guys were dealing with ..... having an inept coaching staff and all. i know i have cursed the team a few times in the last couple of years for sure but it didnt change how i feel about them.

Phillip Daniels is a classy kindhearted man. I hate logging onto ES and see the constant hating towards our players and this organization. This post was started in regards to his talented son DaVaris' achievements. Please do not be selfish just because your bored and want to make this into something that is not. Phillip Daniels is a stand up guy. The nicest Redskin I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Anyone who knows him will tell you the same. He bleeds burgundy and gold and loves this football team and it's fans.

Phillip Daniels is a classy kindhearted man. I hate logging onto ES and see the constant hating towards our players and this organization. This post was started in regards to his talented son DaVaris' achievements. Please do not be selfish just because your bored and want to make this into something that is not. Phillip Daniels is a stand up guy. The nicest Redskin I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Anyone who knows him will tell you the same. He bleeds burgundy and gold and loves this football team and it's fans.

you are correct and thank you!

that being said .... i didnt say it in the OP but CONGRATS to DaVaris on this great honor!

I think Daniels is a class act on and off the field! He adores the Redskin fans and team!

If something in his blog annoyed you remember that when posting things do come out wrong. I have considered strangling quite a few members on this board but when I met them in person and we discussed the issues we were both on the same page.

I wish him and his son nothing but the best as they both deserve it.

After reading this I really have to wonder if you even follow this team. Because if you did, you'd know it was not Phil that did that.

It was Robert Henson.

Good luck to the boy.

One can only hope if he does make it to the pro's, he's got a way better attitude and approach than his complete jerk of a father in his treatment of the fans that will be contributing keeping him in riches most can only dream about.

Hail.

Daniels is one of the classiest and nicest Redskin players that I have ever met. He couldn't be more down to earth and goes out of his way to connect to us fans.

After reading this I really have to wonder if you even follow this team. Because if you did, you'd know it was not Phil that did that.

It was Robert Henson.

Actually...after doing more research...uhm...don't ban me...uhm....

He's right?

http://www.thehogs.net/PhillipDaniels/index.php?id=1212

Now, granted I don't think it's as contemptuous and mean-spirited as GHH made it out to be (if at ALL), but Daniels did say some of those things GHH mentioned. Do I have any less respect for him because of it? Nope. He's still one of the classiest, good-guy players on our team. A frustrated player during a bad season is not the same guy he is off the field, and what he said really wasn't that bad.

Actually...after doing more research...uhm...don't ban me...uhm....

He's right?

http://www.thehogs.net/PhillipDaniels/index.php?id=1212

Now, granted I don't think it's as contemptuous and mean-spirited as GHH made it out to be (if at ALL), but Daniels did say some of those things GHH mentioned. Do I have any less respect for him because of it? Nope. He's still one of the classiest, good-guy players on our team. A frustrated player during a bad season is not the same guy he is off the field, and what he said really wasn't that bad.

We really appreciate the support from the fans that battle the weather just like we do to watch us play. I did notice that the stadium had a lot of empty seats. I guess there is really a difference between a fair weather fan and a die-hard fan. Die-hards will be there no matter what the weather is or the record is. They just love their burgundy and gold and support us no matter how things go.

I dont know what in that isn't particularly true. Football players can have opinions too, that doesn't make them jerks.

Archived