Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ted Ginn traded to SF

Hitman#21

Pretty pathetic to trade a former 1st rounder for a 5th round pick. Cam Cameron would probably still have a job in Miami if he had taken Quinn instead.

Probably. I think Quinn could have been a lot better, but than again he isn't an All Pro either.

But certainly, Ginn was a waste of a pick, and everyone knew this. It's like Detroit last year when they passed up on Oher (who turned out to be the best Tackle in the entire draft), and instead drafted a TE.

I don't understand why Miami would do that. Outside of Brandon Marshall there wide receive corps was already weak, and then they trade their #1 receiver from last year to weaken it even more? I don't get it.

Ginn is garbage, that's why. The WR's that they have on their team right now are all better than he is. Ginn was a monumental reach as a 1st rounder and will never be more than a KR/PR guy and a part time slot receiver in the NFL.

I don't understand why Miami would do that. Outside of Brandon Marshall there wide receive corps was already weak, and then they trade their #1 receiver from last year to weaken it even more? I don't get it.

This. Ginn isn't a #1 and he most certainly technically a bust. Everyone knew he wasn't a top ten pick. BUT he's probably a decent #2 and a good #3. His speed is legit. Defenses have to account for speed like that and you'd figure that would open things up for Marshall a bit.

I like this move for San Fran though. They have a nice young receiving corps there now with Ginn, Crabtree, Davis and others. Shame they don't have a QB.

];7456871']Probably. I think Quinn could have been a lot better' date=' but than again he isn't an All Pro either.

But certainly, Ginn was a waste of a pick, and everyone knew this. It's like Detroit last year when they passed up on Oher (who turned out to be the best Tackle in the entire draft), and instead drafted a TE.[/quote']

I think a better comparison would be the Chiefs taking a 3-4 DE with a late-1st grade at #3 overall. I mean Pettigrew is a very good player. Other than Heyward-Bey and Maybin, Tyson Jackson was the worst pick in the draft.

Ginn and Jackson are perfect examples of the perils of drafting need over BPA at the top of the draft.

I think a better comparison would be the Chiefs taking a 3-4 DE with a late-1st grade at #3 overall. I mean the Lions TE is a very good player. Other than Heyward-Bey and Maybin, Tyson Jackson was the worst pick in the draft.

Ginn and Jackson are perfect examples of the perils of drafting need over BPA at the top of the draft.

Ginn wasn't even the biggest need! They had a huge hole at QB and passed it up for the supposed BPA not the need.

Ginn is an example of blindly taking the BPA regardless of need, not the other way around.

Ginn wasn't even the biggest need! They had a huge hole at QB and passed it up for the supposed BPA not the need.

Ginn is an example of blindly taking the BPA regardless of need, not the other way around.

Ginn wasn't the BPA at that point though which is why the pick was so crazy. Okoye charted better than him on nearly every board and was entering the league at the age of 19.

Thank goodness Cam Cameron is gone and they were able to get a pick for this scrub.

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong but I do know that Ginn was most definitely not the BPA there. He has a late 1st grade from everyone.

Maybe I'm remembering things wrong but I do know that Ginn was most definitely not the BPA there. He has a late 1st grade from everyone.

Well, Ginn was picked 9th overall.

Some guys picked after him who graded out at least the same (mid to late 1st) if not better:

Okoye at 10

Patrick Willis at 11

Darrell Revis at 14

Lawrence Timmons at 15

Leon Hall at 18

Dwayne Bowe at 23

Jon Beason at 25

Guys like Carriker and Jarvis Moss were rated pretty highly as well, but obviously their careers haven't gone the same as those other guys listed above.

Didn't Cameron say something about drafting not just Ginn, but Ginn's whole family into the Dolphins organization too? I wonder if they got traded to the 49ers as well.

Edit: same video as Dr. Drunkensteins, but it's so hilarious we might as well embed it here.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaYgGSHJ5hM&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Archived