Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ted Ginn traded to SF

Hitman#21

];7456871']Probably. I think Quinn could have been a lot better' date=' but than again he isn't an All Pro either.

But certainly, Ginn was a waste of a pick, and everyone knew this. It's like Detroit last year when they passed up on Oher (who turned out to be the best Tackle in the entire draft), and instead drafted a TE.[/quote']

I think it's more comparable to when Minnesota reached for Troy Williamson, and even when the Redskins traded up and drafted Desmond Howard #4 overall. Both teams went for speedy guys who did not have nearly the skillset or talent to justify being the 4th player taken.

You have to keep in mind that at the time, Michael Oher had some major questions marks, making some wonder if Eben Britton was a better longterm prospect than him (with an overwhelming cosensus saying that Andre Smith, Eugune Monroe, and Jason Smith were much better prospects than him).

While I don't condone taking a TE that high when offensive line is a concern, Brandon Pettigrew is a stud who could be a top 5 guy in a few years. They opted for BPA over need, which is okay giving the overall lack of talent the Detroit Lions have.

Just my :2cents:.

EDIT: It amazes me that Cam Cameron wasn't fired on the spot right then and there, trying to argue how they're going to "love this kid" and that he's going to be a "great return man" for the Dolphins. :ols:

LMAO

in hindsight, you take darrell revis obviously, or patrick willis

can cameron still gets ****canned though, no matter what

that guy sucked

I remember his first game as Fins coach, 2007 season opener in Washington. He went for a TD with a few seconds left before half instead of taking the gimmie FG and got it to take the lead going in. I thought that was a hell of a coaching decision and that he'd end up being a great Coach. So much for that. :laugh:

Both the Ginn and Holmes trades for 5th round picks has surprised me.

A #9 overall pick and a superbowl MVP?

A 5th rounder may not even make your roster.

Dallas Sartz and Durant Brooks I believe were recent

5th rounders here.

Archived