Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: What week will Bradford get hurt?

Wild West

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ummm.....

Injury history most DEFINITELY is something to take into account when drafting/signing a player. This may not be a Skins thread, and should probably have been posted elsewhere, but it's a legitimate question to ask.

Hell, his injury history is 98% of the reason I don't want Bradford.

And man. The people who have to fire off that first "where's the poll" post really grow tiresome. Maybe it's just ignorance of the fact that the board posts the thread before you complete the poll. At least I hope it's that, and not just deliberate a-holishness.

Well I'm very sorry if I have offended anyone. I thought it was Redskins related since until yesterday we were all talking about drafting him. Heck, it's still possible that we do (albeit unlikely).

The only downside anyone ever mentions about Bradford seems to be his injury history and he's going to a team that is probably going to have to throw him into the fire right away behind a less-than-perfect offensive line. He will also have only two legitimate targets to throw to (Jackson and Avery) and will likey have to wait in the pocket a lot waiting for those guys to get open.

Anyways, if an admin would like to delete or move the thread for any reason I certainly understand and apologize for my mistake.

Well I'm very sorry if I have offended anyone. I thought it was Redskins related since until yesterday we were all talking about drafting him.

I guess you should have posted it yesterday.

Above all, starting a poll about a guy getting injured IMO is in bad taste. Do you want him to get hurt?

I guess we could start polls about Redskins getting hurt. It will happen, but it is nothing to vote (wish) for.

Above all, starting a poll about a guy getting injured IMO is in bad taste. Do you want him to get hurt?

I guess we could start polls about Redskins getting hurt. It will happen, but it is nothing to vote (wish) for.

Let's put it the other way.

Do you think Bradford stays healthy all year?

(And don't say no, since you've already implied that means you WANT him to get hurt.)

Ummm.....

Injury history most DEFINITELY is something to take into account when drafting/signing a player. This may not be a Skins thread, and should probably have been posted elsewhere, but it's a legitimate question to ask.

Hell, his injury history is 98% of the reason I don't want Bradford.

I get you on the injury history of a player being a major concern, but there is no real reason to have a poll on when a player will get hurt. Should we go down our own roster and do the same?

These are opinions, not wishes. Nobody wants anyone to get hurt. It may be in bad taste but no more than threads about where Jason Campbell or any other player will be traded or cut (forcing them to move their family to another state). Getting hurt is part of the game just as those moves are. You may not be able to plan to not get hurt but you can put pieces in place to reduce the risk.

I guess the real question should be, if the injury risk is the only thing people worry about, is that a good reason not to draft the guy? I mean, you don't see Jets or Lions fans upset about drafting their guys who got hurt.

For the record, I hope the kid never gets hurt. I like him as a player and a person and still hope that he becomes a Redskin. Even if he was a Cowboy I would never wish injury on him.

However, he's likely going to the Rams where they will probably put him in harms way from day one. It's certainly a risk, so I was just curious to see how risky people think that truly is.

These are opinions, not wishes. Nobody wants anyone to get hurt. It may be in bad taste but no more than threads about where Jason Campbell or any other player will be traded or cut (forcing them to move their family to another state). Getting hurt is part of the game just as those moves are. You may not be able to plan to not get hurt but you can put pieces in place to reduce the risk.

I guess the real question should be, if the injury risk is the only thing people worry about, is that a good reason not to draft the guy? I mean, you don't see Jets or Lions fans upset about drafting their guys who got hurt.

To me this seems like a passive aggressive way of making yourself feel better about the McNabb trade since Bradford for sure won't be your QB now. You just want him to get injured so that you can reconcile to yourself that the Redskins made the best choice.

How close am I?

Showing/voicing ones concern about wheter or not a player might be injured in the future because of past injuries is one thing. But, to start a poll asking when everyone thinks that the player will get injured is a completely different thing IMO.

Also, IMO people simply agreeing with thread subjects or any subjects for that matter simply to be the minority grows tiresome.

Archived